Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009
No, the books are better because they go into more detail into the context of each scene and 8man's thoughts and motivatios. Though the show does really good at getting the source material across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009
8man isn't gay. Nothing in the story outside of Saika(who tbh really isn't a serious love interest) shows any indication that 8man is of that inclination and instead shows all signs of the opposite. He shows attraction towards women, is flustered when in compromised situations with the opposite sex, and even his attraction towards Saika is based on the basis that Saika is so effeminate in nature and features that he might as well be the idea girl. (We're also forgetting that 8man's crush on Saika is always played off as humor.)

Will2Powa fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 31, 2015

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009
I looked back to see where this "Is Hikki gay?" tangent even started, and it all started with someone taking someone else's off-hand joke seriously. I don't have anything against the trap option and personally like trap pairings myself (but I'm more Hikki x Sensei in this series), but I'm more annoyed with people trying to seriously read subtext that just isn't there. It's fine for slash and stuff, but the actual story just doesn't support that interpretation. Yui and Yukino are pretty clearly telegraphed to be the main love interests. Plus, Hikki's liking of Saika isn't gay because it isn't an actual reflection of his orientation, besides it being treated as a joke.

• Locked thread