Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This anime is good but the comedy in the title is often a lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It wasn't exactly about self sacrifice, more about thinking of others because Yui is in love with him and Yukino knows (and is maybe in love with him as well) and he half knows and did it anyway possibly knowing that hearing him say that to someone else, even if he didn't mean it, it would hurt her, maybe even because he could say it so easily and not mean it.

I'm still not sure what exactly is going on with glasses girl though.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 11, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Emalde posted:

Hayato take it down a notch dude :sbahj:

Nah, Hayato owns and going 'Hey, see what it's like?' was a pretty decent shot at showing Hiki the real cost of his actions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I Can't Believe My Anime is This Psychological!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HikkiXSaika is my OTP and I seriously wish the show would go in that direction instead of just playing it for laughs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Starts well, falls apart at the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love how this episode presented us with the perfect answer to the problem if Hiki didn't have to always solve things the way he does only for him to summarily reject it in the last line.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Coaaab posted:

Cute girl leans against him and rubs his hair, pushes her away with his hands

Which is exactly what he would do?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

To paraphrase: 'if life were a videogame would I go go back to my last save and try again? Haha, no.' after student council girl gives him her ideal scenario, which would have worked out much better, or at least been less underhand.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was some impressive gesticulation going on in that episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I take back what I said at the time this is pretty much spot on and now I want to watch the Nolan Batman movies again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are we supposed to know what's going on with Yukino yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seemed more like it was specifically to do with how he handled the student council thing last episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Part of the charm of the show is that things aren't explicitly spelled out and you do have to work out what people are thinking.

Though in Haruno's case it's because she's The Joker.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm going with 'she's just embarrassed by the whole' thing, though there is definitely room for interpretation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a lot of inner monologue but he also said enough out loud for them to react like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My sad SNAFU tale is that I dropped the first season a couple of episodes in when it first aired because it seemed an okay but mainly generic harem thing. I only went back and watched the whole thing a few months ago when I found out it was getting a second season and I remembered it being not bad. It turned out to be not what I was expecting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She was beginning to become increasingly unhappy about the way Hikki did things, culminating in the student council elections which presented her with an opportunity to go 'oh well, guess I'll HAVE to be president' because she really wanted to but can't be honest about, but his solution just ended up maintaining the status quo again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I read what other people write in this thread and hope they're right. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

krnhotwings posted:

Pardon me if this has already been explained for the billionth time, but is there any reason why Yukino couldn't just tell her friends that she wanted to run for president?

I think she just doesn't like doing what's expected of her, with a her family background being the student council president Ojou-sama type is practically in her DNA, even if it something she would actually want. There's an exchange between her and her sister about it, but I can't remember the details. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sensei can't go out with Hikki because she's marrying me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

la la can't hear you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad the last couple of episodes seem to be focusing on Hayato because I'm still not sure what his deal is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've always been dumb and oblivious to subtly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

krnhotwings posted:

I'm not sure if I've ever seen lip syncing in anime before.

Akira is one of the few examples of 'prescoring' in anime, which is where the voice actors record their lines first, then the animation is done to fit the actual mouth movements.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't thinks its choosing a degree, seemed more like the 'options' we get in the UK in our last two years of high school, where you get a limited choice about what subjects you want to pursue. 'Liberal arts' probably just focuses on history, geography, languages etc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Angry Grimace posted:

I have a hard time believing someone is beating Shortstack in dumb animegirl popularity contests right now.

Boob ribbon is like third, I dunno about the actual character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pavlov posted:

Jesus christ that episode. Apparently the japanese don't have an equivalent phrase for "go suck a dick", because nobody has said it to Haruno once yet.

The trouble with that is that she's not exactly wrong, she just kind of goes about it in a particularly dickish way. Everyone is still just pretending things are fine without having to face up to their feelings, the only difference was that somewhere along the line they'd decided they were okay with that.

Yukino's mum was way worse when she started freaking because what, her daughter was out later than like 8pm?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This loving anime.

Welp, see you guys in two or thee years. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

the series is ending either with the next book of the one after that afaik so they'll probably just throw out some ovas

I can cope with this.

• Locked thread