Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Met posted:

I reread my role PM to make sure I'm not getting confused. Paraphrasing so I don't quote it word for word. The only way my role is successful is if I activate it before the target takes an action. That means I can't be successful AFTER CPig took an action.

There's no way he used an ability, I teleported him, and then got a successful result like I did... at least without any other roles intervening.

Again, either poque hosed up or someone messed with you. Its not my problem your poo poo didn't work like your pm says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CapitalistPig posted:

Again, either poque hosed up or someone messed with you. Its not my problem your poo poo didn't work like your pm says.

##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Met posted:

##vote CPig

Good choice. Welcome to losing this game of mafia. (unless you are scum, in which case congratulations)

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
CPig, does your ability target?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

CPig, does your ability target?

I suppose it targets me?

I have to actively say I'm using it.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

I suppose it targets me?

I have to actively say I'm using it.

Yeah I don't buy this role at all. You absorb things that people do to you, as long as you act before them, and you can't target, so......why on earth would you do anything but preload all your actions forever from the second you get your role PM? Which means your claimed ability is essentially a passive power. Bad role design AND bad play.

##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

why on earth would you do anything but preload all your actions forever
##vote CPig

Because you might want to actually, you know, use some of the powers you absorb idiot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Bad design bad play , whatever.

You are all idiots and I hope town loses.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I should say, I don't buy that role as an active power. I think it's a passive power of some sort with some scummier active power, or that there's some detail Pig isn't telling us.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

Because you might want to actually, you know, use some of the powers you absorb idiot.

Haha you're right I'm dumb. ##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

It's all good. I got to call people idiots so I consider myself having won no matter what.

Calling people idiots is the best part of mafia.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Met posted:

No, that's not right. My PM specifically says my teleport was successful but you took no action.

so? how is this in counter to what cpig has said? he took no action because he can't absorb an action that targeted him if he's at the front of the line!

also cpig can't preload all his actions because then he won't be able to time his absorb in relation to other players in the game.

Met posted:

I don't trust this.

it's not like i didn't breadcrumb it very clearly

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm i personally think it's between imgay merk and mornacale

and i currently think it's imgay and merk

is there anyone who thinks merk is town? if so, give me a reason

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

hmm i personally think it's between imgay merk and mornacale

and i currently think it's imgay and merk

is there anyone who thinks merk is town? if so, give me a reason

I agree with you.

I would only vote Merk or imgay today.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

let's get this party on the road then

##vote merk

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

let's get this party on the road then

##vote merk

##vote merk

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

There's something I have to tell you about merk.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Mornacale posted:

So I was writing & rewriting a big long post with a bunch of scenarios involving how some combination of Met/imgay could be scums and then I realized that the dumb thing I did was to unvote you. Let's think about this.

If CPig was using his absorber ability on n3, then either
1) the mod completely ignored his ability
2) he used it before at least one of Imgay and Met; but then he would've absorbed one of their actions
3) he used it after both Imgay and Met; but then Met would have warped him to the front of the line in which case he would have absorbed imgay's action

Orrrr, what if he wasn't using it because he was out doing a murder, hence how he could absorb on n2 but apparently not n3. We already know that the dead scums have active abilities in addition to the kill. We've had two that proactively mess with town actions, it would make perfect sense to see another one that operates defensively.

I think CPig's either scum or SK, friends. If scum, then I'm definitely looking at imgay next due to this post:

imgay posted:

I watched Cpig as well, and it said Met visited him. Based on the 2 kills, I know that Myself, Met, and Cpig are town or at least non-killing 3rd party.

Check out how imgay completely ignores the possibility that there might be a scum left using a non-kill ability. Also note how imgay's incredibly stupid "preload the first five days by going alphabetically" would be incredibly perfect with an Anon/Birdstrike/CPig/imgay scumteam. Though I don't know if imgay would both bus Bird AND do that weird lie about Anon so I definitely won't be voting him today.

But that's okay because I definitely will be voting CPig. ##vote CPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

2) he used it before at least one of Imgay and Met; but then he would've absorbed one of their actions

this may not necessarily be true, my role pm does say that there are some actions I won't absorb.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In what possible way do you think I'm scum? Im a watcher and then be shared my results with you. I've found scum and they were upset about my underhanded method. I believe the scummiest players at the moment still try to push me as scum. Ernie is the main person pushing for me with his own uncheckable role.

I believe he didn't kill me last night to push suspicion onto me and that is straight scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I didn't pick targets alphabetically. I copy and pasted the player list

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Like seriously check it. There were two kills n1, one kill n2, two kills n3.

Could it be that Pig and his scum buds hosed up and had already pre-loaded their abilities and left Birdstrike to do the NK?
Or could it be that Pig is an SK and he took n2 off to try to absorb some powerz?

Answer: yeah it's one of those two things and CPig has been a very very bad boy.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the mod stated the scum can use their action and kill in the same night

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

this may not necessarily be true, my role pm does say that there are some actions I won't absorb.

lol now you're modifying your claim to try to wiggle out of getting caught

imgay posted:

the mod stated the scum can use their action and kill in the same night

Where?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its in the op

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Point 4

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

lol now you're modifying your claim to try to wiggle out of getting caught

Where?

no im not, I didnt say it before because it wasnt important until now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

also apparently you have reading comprehension problems.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

imgay posted:

Point 4

That's not how I read that. Poque, are you willing to clarify if that rule is just talking about HAVING abilities or USING them?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

• Every player must submit one and only one action for each night.

Point 4 just refers to having the abilities, not using them. Sorry, wasn't meant to be ambiguous.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

There's something I have to tell you about merk.

We have to kill him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. ##vote merk

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

We're doing it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote ernie

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thats not how you spell merk.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo, and I can't edit it either.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress..

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
imgay why do you think Ernie (who has claimed to target a bunch of dead people) is more scummy than Zetsubou (who has claimed to target a bunch of dead people)?

Also Merk is a miller which is traditionally a town role so maybe y'all should stop voting him idk just a thought.

Which means Zets is basically confirmed also.

Here's a cool idea: vote for noted scum See Pig.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

merk (3): Ernie., CapitalistPig, merk
CapitalistPig (2): Met, Mornacale, Mornacale, Mornacale
Ernie. (1): imgay
Mornacale (1): Zetsubou-san

Not Voting (1): GulagDolls

There are 8 living players. It takes 5 votes to plorp.

The current deadline is April 23rd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ernie. posted:

OOPS

imgay, don't do anything about this

i promise you can be third in line to join my cult

Ernie seemed to target a dead person instead of me.

Also Zet seemed to mentioned the scum we found were acting suspicious pretty early on, which I think give him some more credibility.

• Locked thread