Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm here and I like Mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I buy things gently used on eBay like a poor adult.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

Fear vote him or ill vote you.

##vote imgay

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
very sure that imgay is scrum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Persuade us to lynch someone in this here game.

Hi Merk.

imgay scumclaimed. You should lunch anyone who scumclaims, even as a joke. It's not a normal, town reaction to pressure.

imgay stopped pushing you once he was called out on voting you. I think imgay would say that his vote was a joke, but it was not. There was clearly serious traction behind voting you.

I would also vote chaoslord.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Jake I'm glad you're playing Mafia again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

I submitted my night action. I'm going to travel back in time to take out Hitler.

http://youtu.be/kwWsc1i4SzA

I know chronoshifting is going to mess up the action queue, but I hope you'll agree it was worth it.

Hi Birdstrike. Do you think that forums poster 'imgay' is scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've played several games with imgay. I don't think his meta factors into my argument.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

imgay posted:

So what reads to you this game on me compared to others?

I dunno why that would matter.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ah, there's the fun killing somber I know. Are you seriously trying to make a real case out of this joke phase nonsense?

Yes. What's wrong with that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Well I am sort of sitting back and seeing if Somber has some kind of trap sprung play for the people voting imgay or if he is actually serious, because that is a scummy case

No, I'm serious. I dunno why you're speaking for imgay, but I don't consider his awkward jokes much of a defense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think avoiding direct engagement and claiming right off the bat aren't natural town reactions to pressure.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't understand how the posts that you quoted connect to the argument you are making, or what your argument is.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I think claiming a semi-verifiable power role day 1 is a pretty risky move for scum, especially as early as he made his claim.

Also you were voting him before his claim

Yes. Earlier I voted imgay for scumclaiming and his behavior towards mark.

I do not see how claiming tracker is a risky move for scrum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

There wasn't even any pressure on him? It's joke phase let it go

There was a miller claim off the bat, this game did not get a jokephase.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

any claim that pidgeon holes you for the rest of the game is not in the scums best interest to make 3 hours into day 1

It's better than being lunched.

I don't think imgay is fakeclaiming, I think he is a scum tracker. I don't think it puts him in an extraordinarily stressful position going forward.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

You're ridiculous. Why would anyone do that? I don't understand your play and I guess I never will. I thought your tunneling someone on day 1 was a scum tell but I guess it's just your terrible strategy that you use in every game but never works

I talked about why I think the things that I think. I'm not sure what part in particular you're having trouble understanding, could you elaborate?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

When has a dude who "scum claimed" day 1 (like literal day 1 of day 1) ever not been town?

A game that happened like a month ago.

You're selectively engaging content, although I don't think that necessarily makes you scum. I think that scum claim was scummy, but I think the behavior preceding that, his vote and later unvote of merk, is much scummier.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's a lot more useful than my power.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I just think you're taking what was obviously a joke as if it were a real claim and making cases off of it.

Are you talking about imgay voting mark or scum claiming?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

It doesn't matter its joke phase!!!

What I'm getting here is that you didn't try to read the thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Why are you so convinced either was serious?

I'm not convinced, but I'm making a better argument than 'but what if you're wrong?' That merk vote sure looked serious to me, Merk is a claimed Miller and there was at least one other vote on him that page.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yet he voted one anyway because? I don't really care about meta arguments.

Wait Jake why did you subtly imply merk is scum and then back away once gay voted?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That seems to be an implication.

It doesn't really matter if gay knows about miller claims, he saw mounting pressure and hopped on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I'm done having this argument with somber in every single game.

I think you need to have a point too before it's an argument.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

merk would claim miller as scum, then remind us of the post he just made the other week about how more scum should claim miller as scum

JakeP posted:

I didn't do any such thing. I said that it is something that scum Merk would do, but it is also something that miller Merk would do.

So there's a difference between these two posts, Jake.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

And as to why imgay voted Merk who knows, maybe because the guy just made a post about how he always gets away with murder, so imgay decided to vote him so that he would not?

would be nice to hear imgay answering these questions.

If he's town you shouldn't have a problem with him answering for himself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Saying someone would do something as scum isn't saying they are scum

no you're right

it's a subtle implication

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

My point is that you are taking posts that were clearly a joke as serious

Do you have a better argument to make?

I think you're just dismissing this out of hand because I posted it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

somber i cannot tell if you are being thorough, or if you are trying to find a molehill to make a mountain out of, all your points are super reaching so far, which is fine because its early, but lets not pretend anything you are saying is an honest read

it's reaching for me to suggest that imgay might be scum.

it's reasonable for you say that you're 85% sure imgay is town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm way more willing to admit that i'm wrong about his vote, whether or not it was serious matters less i think, but i think it's pretty clear you implied that merk was scum there. that's like, the literal definition of an implication. also your follow-up post was not at all what you said originally.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i just like to play mafia guys.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think we ALL owe each other an apology if i have to break down individual parts of speech

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sentence diagramming will be the next big mafia trend.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
english is cool

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mornacale posted:

Soooo I feel pretty confident that Somber is being an idiot but is town.

I think imgay's claim (if serious) was strangely premature and their chattiness was indeed notable but I don't know if either thing sways me about their alignment.

JakeP, on the other hand, going so far overboard defending imgay, really has me sitting up and taking notice. I could see it being due to a strong belief that Somber is scum, but Jake isn't voting for Somber. So it reads to me much more like a scum buddying up to a townie and/or trying to set up townie cred in the case that Somber manages to drive a lynch. I would say it is: yucky. ##vote JakeP

these ideas seem incongruous?

1. Somber is town, an idiot.

2. imgay is behaving strangely, unclear as to alignment.

3. jake is scum based on imgay flipping town.

if i'm an idiot then fair enough, but you're noticing the same problems that I had with imgay, so it is weird that you think i'm an idiot?

are you confused about imgay's role claim? that seem unambiguously serious to me.

your argument for jake is pointless when imgay is still alive. it also bothers me that you think that because jake and i disagree on another player, he should be voting me.

I'd like to hear more from chaos.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

will not vote jakep this game, merk playing like town, mornacale still cool

##vote somberbrero

his 'catch-post' on mornacale above is grasping at silly contradictions that anyone who has posted as town before has made or seen

this isn't a gotcha, jesus.

'somberbrero is an idiot for casing imgay, but town' --> 'i don't know what to think about imgay' --> 'jake is scum for buddying up to imgay before imgay flips town.'

you can see how those thoughts don't necessarily follow.

at best your argument is scum because wrong.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

There are two and a half days left in D1 and this is my 12th post. I'm easily on track to have the most posts in a game I've ever had! I even participated in jokes. What more do you want? :argh:

i missed your recent response. i have no idea what you're thinking other than that imgay is scum. any reads on merk/jake/morn?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Oh if you have bad arguments that means you're def scum?

Then
##vote somber

you'd save some time if you just kept 'NUH-UH' in your clipboard for easy access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
but

but the incongruity is right there

merk noticed it too

• Locked thread