Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is there still room for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sup people

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Birdstrike posted:

I submitted my night action. I'm going to travel back in time to take out Hitler.

http://youtu.be/kwWsc1i4SzA

I know chronoshifting is going to mess up the action queue, but I hope you'll agree it was worth it.

https://youtu.be/Q3p0GDlpVcs

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Hi Merk.

imgay scumclaimed. You should lunch anyone who scumclaims, even as a joke. It's not a normal, town reaction to pressure.

imgay stopped pushing you once he was called out on voting you. I think imgay would say that his vote was a joke, but it was not. There was clearly serious traction behind voting you.

I would also vote chaoslord.

Ah, there's the fun killing somber I know. Are you seriously trying to make a real case out of this joke phase nonsense?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
There wasn't even any pressure on him? It's joke phase let it go

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

merk posted:

You didn't play like this in Ecco's game. Were you just a really scared newbie then or something?

Yeah I was gonna say that imgay was real lurky in the last game(s? Can't remember if it was just that one or another one too) and him coming out of the gate so posty and jokey is way different from what I expected from him. Brazen scum or personality makeover?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

It's better than being lunched.

I don't think imgay is fakeclaiming, I think he is a scum tracker. I don't think it puts him in an extraordinarily stressful position going forward.

You're ridiculous. Why would anyone do that? I don't understand your play and I guess I never will. I thought your tunneling someone on day 1 was a scum tell but I guess it's just your terrible strategy that you use in every game but never works

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

I talked about why I think the things that I think. I'm not sure what part in particular you're having trouble understanding, could you elaborate?

I just think you're taking what was obviously a joke as if it were a real claim and making cases off of it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It doesn't matter its joke phase!!!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm done having this argument with somber in every single game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

I think you need to have a point too before it's an argument.

My point is that you are taking posts that were clearly a joke as serious

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh if you have bad arguments that means you're def scum?

Then
##vote somber

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I've been lurky guys. I'm gonna do a reread when I get home

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I just think somber's refusal to acknowledge jokes is stupid. 2/3 times in past games we've played together where he tunneled someone d1 based on dumb poo poo he was scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
poo poo I never got a chance to do the reread give me a half hour or so

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I just got home from rehearsal. Sorry. I'm leaving my vote on somber.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm really sorry I've been stupid busy this week and I'm in another game too and also awful survivor.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I keep up with new posts but haven't had time to go through the entire thread

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I guess we have a serial killer since no one claimed a town vig on either of those. Morn what exactly is your case on me?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

JakeP posted:

awkward

Nou

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Every game I've played in with a town night vig, they claimed it immediately.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm suspish of imgay because he has a high posting volume but very low content. He's pretty much only poo poo posted and made jokes throughout the thread.

Jake is most likely town based on his level of scum hunting and actual work being put in.

Also, little Mac is in this game apparently?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

JakeP posted:

right? Anon you don't expect vigs to claim they have a vig before night 1 right?

No I meant after they kill someone they claim. In my experience.

Seriously everyone go look at imgays post history. I thought it was fine in joke phase but he hasn't stopped and is not at all trying to help town.

##vote imgay

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
OKAY GUYS I did my re-read. Sorry it took so long and I hope you're all happy that I'm doing this instead of writing my paper that's due on Sunday.

So a few things stuck out to me.

First of all, Little Mac has posted next to nothing. I know I'm not one to talk, but he made one post with his reads and it just seems really fake.

Little Mac posted:

Hi friends. Here are notes I'm taking as I read the thread.

Merk as Miller: UGH. I don't like it. At all. If Merk is scum he is a dangerous player to leave around sitting behind a miller claim. Would fearvote, tbh.

imgay Jokephase Claim: I always feel like scum claims in jokephase are something to look at. The rest seem to just be going with but fake scumclaims are kind of a great smokescreen you can bring up later "Why would I have claimed scum if I were ACTUALLY SCUM?" *places wine*

JakeP: Posts seem to come from the POV of someone who knows it all. "I know imgay is town because of *meta*" is safe if you know he's notscum. "I will not fear vote Merk" if you know he is actually town miller is safe if you are scum and know who is not scum. His aggressiveness reads townie but his actual content reads very scummy. Would vote.

Somber: I don't see it. :/

Plus all of this stuff was about early day 1 jokephase and has only posted once since then, just reiterating the same poo poo.

I don't necessarily think LM is scum since he seems to lurk in a lot of games, but at least he needs to show up and give some reads (:ironicat: I know)

Next -

I don't know what happened with the mornacle bandwagon but it was all pretty scummy. Merk made a lovely case on him based entirely on morn's view that jake's defense of imgay seemed like scum trying to gain townie cred but he didn't previously state that he thought imgay was townie. Here's his whole case:

merk posted:

Mornacale posted:

JakeP, on the other hand, going so far overboard defending imgay, really has me sitting up and taking notice. I could see it being due to a strong belief that Somber is scum, but Jake isn't voting for Somber. So it reads to me much more like a scum buddying up to a townie and/or trying to set up townie cred in the case that Somber manages to drive a lynch. I would say it is: yucky. ##vote JakeP

Look at the bolded sentence. This implicitly requires imgay to be town without any analysis about imgay made before the statement or any justification.

But what I think is scummier than this case itself is how many people jumped on the bandwagon, hours before deadline, with no justification.

chaoslord posted:

3.5 hours til deadline.

##vote mornacale

Somberbrero posted:

I'm leaving to watch a live showing of Ask Me Another. ##vote Mornacale

JakeP posted:

my dumb wow raid about to start, i will periodically check in. i'll ##vote mornacle for now, would rather lynch somber but a lot of people do not agree that he is scummy

MC Eating Disorder posted:

We're probably not going to make it, but whatever, its role madness, D1 without a lynch isn't the worst outcome, I think?

##vote Mornacale

I don't really get chaos's vote but the middle 2 are scummier to me. Hopping on the current vote train, trying to make it look like they are contributing to a lynch, when there was next to no chance for a lynch to happen that late anyway. I didn't change my vote then because I thought somber was scummy and I still do.

He revealed his power as a hater but is still being vague about it:

Somberbrero posted:

I can target 3 people. There are different notifications for each.

Plus the power itself is really anti-town.

And after I called him out for tunneling gay, he, in quick succession, mentioned a bunch of different people to show that he wasn't tunneling. Seriously, look at his post history.

Last mentioned but not last on my list, is zetsou. I have no freaking idea what he's on about in this post. It's completely contrived to make it look like he's posting content, while not actually saying anything. There's no reason to even think there's a busdriver in this game afaik so it's a completely pointless post.

Zetsubou-san posted:

That's some good thinking, but I'm still not seeing how this helps town in any way. The only way I can think of is if the busdriver can self-target for one side of the bus, but even then it even then it makes no sense to queue up so many actions at random. And being close to first to resolve is nice, but not super critical, since you would be targeting a person, not their action.

summary of my thoughts

if [kb is town busdriver] and telling truth about [10 actions] -> bad town play, better to be rid of him so town powers work and people get good info
if [kb is town] and also some [useless non-busdriver role] -> :shrug: We keep him around as town mascot, i guess. I now think this
if he lied about both the number of actions and then the utility of his role -> this is true :psyduck: In Front Of Me tier stuff, bravo. I apologise if I messed up some kingly scheme, here.
if he's scum -> :redhammer:

I'm willing to wave through a false

Here he's coming up with a lot of whacky theories about why I didn't change my vote from somber to morn right before deadline. More pointless posting, contrived to make it look like he's contributing. This stuff is really :psyduck: - in what world does it make any sense for me and somber to be scum together? Does anyone else see how weird and unnatural these posts are?

Zetsubou-san posted:

Looking at it from just the where the votes stand (4 to Morn, 3 to Somber) and the fact there were no other active posters around who weren't already voting for Morn - it reads as someone who is unsatisfied with a Morn plorp, and wants their vote on Somber to stand so they can point back to it and say "for the record I voted Somber and/or against Morn on Day 1".

But then I factor in the rest of Anon's stuff:

(responding to Somber)

then votes for Somber later that day

then says twice he'll do a re-read, the latter being

then nothing until that post chaoslord highlighted above.

Yeah, anon has been super lurky and extremely light on putting forward any reads other than some meta on Somber. (similar arguments could be made against me :shrug:)

When I consider that behavior and then that post I can imagine that it could be a scum (who needed to post something before hammer after talking up doing a re-read) covering for another scum (morn, in this scenario) by not switching to the current Town favourite (after JakeP's vote Morn was leading, and with momentum).

Another scenario would be anon covering for a scum somber by denying a critical vote for morn in case any undecided lurkers are around (MC Eats, possibly others) that could hammer. If morn flipped town, then Town might look more closely at Somber.

On the gripping hand, however, Somber and Morn with anon could be scumtrio ringbarkus and are extremely chuffed at dodging a critical Day 1 scumplorp.

I will be watching them closer from now on

So, yeah.

##vote zetsubou-san

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Zetsubou-san posted:

you must have submitted your action after mine, then.

This doesn't make sense to me because wouldn't he have gotten the result ONLY if he submitted after you? If he had submitted before you got your result, there would have been nothing to copy.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Met, what's your case against somber?

Gay, what's your case against morn?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I couldn't tell if he was a lovely scum player or just a lovely newbie.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jeez everyone hates met screw you met

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ernie. posted:

hahahaha

##vote anonnarc

I'm confused as to why you would vote me for something morn said???

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh good people are finally coming to their senses. I've been saying somber is scum since day 1.

##vote somber

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

imgay posted:

Anon visited Jake last night.

What no I didn't.

I visited Met and got no result bc he went before me

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
wow you're an rear end in a top hat

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
imgay = scum mvp!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
for real though mornacle was a great scum. I was on his team and I didn't even suspect him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
OH ALSO I wasn't the one who killed jake so yeah imgay was def lying about that too

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Poque posted:

this was legitimately hilarious and sad.

that's what i was pissed about in the scumdoc by the way. it had nothing to do with you poqueyboo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

chaoslord posted:

This post should have been the end of morn once AN flipped

Really? My reason for doing that didn't even have anything to do with morn. I didn't think there would be enough traction to switch to a morn lynch and I wanted to show that I was serious about wanting to lynch somber. If there had been enough traction on morn I would have bussed him with no problem.

• Locked thread