Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

McSpankWich posted:

The acropolis is not all that great unless you are constantly on to pick your fruit trees and mines every time they pop

You must mean something else since Acropolis is +15% defender health and -20% defender spawn time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The fruit trees and mines one is the Hanging Gardens.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Ohhh, oh ok nm. Yea that's pretty good then. I didn't pick it though because I assume there will always be someone a higher TH to steal your loot no matter how scary your defenders are.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Correct. So pick whichever Wonder you want because the choice is negligible.

I wish I had grabbed the Acropolis though. :v:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Acropolis, Japs, Colloseum. Everything shoots arrows or spawns stuff.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Is it possible to delete my village entirely and start over? I have spent zero money and made some p. bad decisions, but have linked it to my Google Account. :(

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Is it possible to delete my village entirely and start over? I have spent zero money and made some p. bad decisions, but have linked it to my Google Account. :(

It might be if you have a 2nd device. When I installed it on my phone then tablet, I had the option to load or overwrite the existing village when I linked the 2nd device to my google account.

Edit: maybe uninstalling, clearing app data, reinstalling might get you to the same option?

Kid fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 12, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Applied to goon privilege

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Atari teenager posted:

Is someone working on a proper OP yet?

I was gathering resources to build one like images, info, mechanics, etc.

It's gonna take me to Monday and I haven't had the chance to gather info save what I posted. Monday is when I can start it, been working away in Utah of all places

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008

Soulex posted:

It's gonna take me to Monday and I haven't had the chance to gather info save what I posted. Monday is when I can start it, been working away in Utah of all places

Alright, I'll send you a pm with all the intelligence I gathered, it will save you some time.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I went with Romans because hey bigger armies will always be handy. Hoping it actually makes a difference though.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I went with Japan because apparently I'm an idiot. I thought the town hall defending itself was going to be a life saver. Turns out the radius of the TH defense is hand-to-hand only. poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

FrensaGeran posted:

I went with Japan because apparently I'm an idiot. I thought the town hall defending itself was going to be a life saver. Turns out the radius of the TH defense is hand-to-hand only. poo poo.

A lot of people pick japan because the shields last 25% longer.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Japan can suck a dick. I attack Japs as much as possible with my beautiful Greek Companions. Their defense ain't poo poo!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I;m really enjoying my legions extra dudes for my army and a ton of extra health on top

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Anyone have any tips on base design yet? I'm still in Bronze Age, but I hope to be moving to Iron sometime today.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

neogeo0823 posted:

Anyone have any tips on base design yet? I'm still in Bronze Age, but I hope to be moving to Iron sometime today.

There doesnt seem to be much point this early. Just connect all your poo poo to the roads. I'm gonna make a "proper" base when I go to classical in a few days.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

There doesnt seem to be much point this early. Just connect all your poo poo to the roads. I'm gonna make a "proper" base when I go to classical in a few days.

Really interested to see how many buildings people are connecting, I'm struggling to get them all. Do you get a bonus for every road that's connected to a building or for every building that's connected to a road? So better two have two houses on a road than a barracks? Also how does the 10% bonus work? How does a house benefit? Work time?

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

TraderStav posted:

Really interested to see how many buildings people are connecting, I'm struggling to get them all. Do you get a bonus for every road that's connected to a building or for every building that's connected to a road? So better two have two houses on a road than a barracks? Also how does the 10% bonus work? How does a house benefit? Work time?

My base isn't particularly defense optimized, but I managed to get all buildings except one:

It's bonus for every building so better to have the two houses.

This is the # to maximize:

admiraldennis fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 12, 2015

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Yea the buildings are all 10%, so usually for me barracks are the last thing I try to find a place for. Also your TH and Stonehenge must be connected as well

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I managed to get every building connected. But my TH is way off to the side and defensively its not even remotely optimal. Curious to see how they balance wonder/th placement and getting bonuses.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

I copied this from someone else in the goon Alliance, but seems to work pretty well for an Iron Age base.

Has every building but the catapult connected to roads. I may modify it a bit to get my town hall further from the defenses for easier free peace treaties.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Being Greek makes constructing/updating new buildings pretty sweet. Plop it down, immediately upgrade twice.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Kid posted:

It might be if you have a 2nd device. When I installed it on my phone then tablet, I had the option to load or overwrite the existing village when I linked the 2nd device to my google account.

Edit: maybe uninstalling, clearing app data, reinstalling might get you to the same option?

Uninstalling, clearing data and reinstalling didn't work. I don't have a second device, and I'm trying to go through Bluestacks on my PC but I'm having a pain of a time even getting it to run properly. :(

Update: Got it running on Bluestacks, now I'm just trying to poopsock and crownrush my way to getting it to ask if I want to link to my Google account. Is that when you hit Iron Age? I can't remember.

Beef Hardcheese fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 12, 2015

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Me and the wife started yesterday. Will try and join the guild when we can. Seems cool so far. Just different enough from both clash and empires that I'm having fun!

Hopefully choosing stone-henge and then going British (10 hours to go still) won't gimp me somehow.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Update: Got it running on Bluestacks, now I'm just trying to poopsock and crownrush my way to getting it to ask if I want to link to my Google account. Is that when you hit Iron Age? I can't remember.

You can link to google and facebook immediately in the settings menu on the right.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Lazy_Liberal posted:

You can link to google and facebook immediately in the settings menu on the right.

Oh, duh. I just tried that, and it asks me if I want to load the game I want to overwrite, I click no, and it kicks me back out without saving or overwriting it.

Update: Going to try disconnecting through https://plus.google.com/apps , I read that as a similar fix for Clash. Will report back if/when I'm able to properly switch over.

Beef Hardcheese fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 12, 2015

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008

Found this on Nexon forums, pretty happy with it, people tend to avoid attacking me and when they do they barely can scratch any resources and I get free shield while they lose entire forces.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
http://dominations.wikia.com/wiki/Nations

Not a bad page to throw in the new OP when you make it!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tried copying one of the layouts pictured on this page but the game refuses to let me do certain things. I'll be going to lay down a 10 section wall and when I drag and drop there will just be one spot out of the 10 that doesn't have a wall. Then it wont let me fill in the gap with a wall. So I can't even enclose my buildings.

Arcne
Mar 4, 2002
Tap -> kill np
Requested Goon Privilege as:
Diaonic

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Atari teenager posted:

Found this on Nexon forums, pretty happy with it, people tend to avoid attacking me and when they do they barely can scratch any resources and I get free shield while they lose entire forces.

Wait... can you have a wall in between the road and have it still count as touching the road?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

McSpankWich posted:

Wait... can you have a wall in between the road and have it still count as touching the road?

Nope. Those aren't getting the bonus.

Map editor sucks with walls and roads. If it won't let you place stuff down via dragging, put them somewhere else then drag them one at a time into the gaps. It will glitch graphically, but that will clear up on restarting the app.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

simble posted:

Just search for goon privilege and apply. I'll accept when i see it.

just applied

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I sent an invite request. Yeah.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nexous posted:

Map editor sucks with walls and roads. If it won't let you place stuff down via dragging, put them somewhere else then drag them one at a time into the gaps. It will glitch graphically, but that will clear up on restarting the app.

Thanks, I didn't realize it would fix itself if I restarted.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Just applied to goon privilege as Hagop.

*edit; Early iron is terrible. Every next is a late classical, my guys have no hope of killing all of the defenses.

Hagop fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 13, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

2d for classical, whoop.

What army type are you guys using for Iron? It seems like most things don't have the HP to survive even without walls. I've had some success going 4 horsemen, rest archers, but it's not great.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 13, 2015

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
My best mix so far has been 2 war horse, 6 archers, 20 solder. merc horse archers. However I am Roman, so if you are something else you might want less solders and more of what ever your civ unit is.

As a note this mix gets me the loot most of the time, however I still don't often kill all the defenses if I am fighting even a moderately upgraded classical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
I'm currently using 5 heavy horses, 10 each longbowmen and soldiers (:britain:). Spawn in the riders as close to the catapult as reasonably possible (don't bother attacking if they have a ballista), follow up with soldiers once the catapult is engaged, spawn in bowmen once defenders have spawned. Send in mercs if you think you need that extra oomph. Also always look for idiots who leave a tiny speck of the inside of their bases uncovered, giving you the ability to avoid the walls. I usually lose most of the soldiers unless I'm up against someone who has literally put their cat in charge of defenses, but the riders and bowmen usually survive, and soldiers are cheap.

• Locked thread