Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

GVOLTT posted:

Boston-area? Why didn't I hear about this?

Same reason you've never heard of the Mind Destruction Coil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearpigman
Feb 19, 2013

"It's not the beard on the outside that counts, it's the beard on the inside"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
What stage will Godzilla SE be on at EVO 2015?

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Kuvo posted:

What stage will Godzilla SE be on at EVO 2015?

It will be replacing both Killer Instinct and that one anime as hell game because they were worried both of them were driving a wedge in the international fighting game communities as seen here.

(R.I.P. Derek Bruscas died in the quarterfinals of the anime wars trying to extend the fig branch)

Godzilla is a property that all nations can stand behind as Godzilla owns in every language.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know a lot of people don't like the updated version of Super Godzilla due to them moving away from hardcore play and making it easier for newer players, but I honestly really like the new characterization they give to Godzilla.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
The image was loading slowly for me, so I was wondering what the payoff was going to be. I was not disappointed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

shinmai posted:

What are some decent Godzilla/kaiju fighting games that are either new enough to play on modern systems (pc/360/ps3/etc) or old enough to be emulated reliably? I'm asking for a friend.

Well there's the trilogy of not so old Atari & Pipeworks made games, Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for the Gamecube & Xbox (original), followed by Godzilla: Save The Earth for the PS2 & Xbox, then finally Godzilla: Unleashed for the Wii, with a lesser version on the PS2 that's basically an expansion of Save The Earth instead. They're 3D brawlers, with up to four combatants at a time, with lots of unique move builds and plenty of building smashing.

If you want to go back to emulated eras, there's a gameboy advance game that's small but fun, and is basically a clone of King of the Monsters 1 & 2. Also, the Turbo Grafix 16 has an awesome Japan-only 2D fighter, with an expanded version on the Turbo CD.

That's all the straight up fighting games Godzilla has done, but trust me, there are a shitton off Godzilla games, many of which were translated. What's odd is the US Godzilla Game Boy game doesn't resemble any others in the slightest, not the least the rather impressive Japanese Game Boy Big G title. It's this weird, horrible little puzzle action game along the lines off Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle and the like.

Negatron00
Apr 18, 2015

...play mstie for me
The face from the megaman sprite game is the best set of 70 pixels that can be added to anything.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I believe this is relevant to this thread; a friend took a literal class on Godzilla when he was in college and now the professor has launched a website about it and it owns

http://www.growingupwithgodzilla.org/

Negatron00
Apr 18, 2015

...play mstie for me

Vicas posted:

I believe this is relevant to this thread; a friend took a literal class on Godzilla when he was in college and now the professor has launched a website about it and it owns

http://www.growingupwithgodzilla.org/

Holy crap that's amazing. Its the primer of primers, hopefully it gets completed. I'd hate to see this scholarly take on the kaiju get abandoned

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Wow it's amazing what passes as an update these days these jerks just faff around for 10 minutes and don't do anything there's no story.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, John Galt was a giant radioactive dinosaur this whole time.

That explains everything!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Came for the Godzilla.

Stayed for the :psyboom:

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
The LP could have serious commentary describing the game, and I still wouldn't have a clue what is going on.

It's beautiful.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Aw yeah new godzilla update

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Nintendo has long insisted that the S in SNES stands for Super, but I've heard if you pop open the casing the Sign Of The Beast is etched into the sound card

e: my satanic acolyte uncle told me about it

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Vicas posted:

Nintendo has long insisted that the S in SNES stands for Super, but I've heard if you pop open the casing the Sign Of The Beast is etched into the sound card

e: my satanic acolyte uncle told me about it

yeah same actually, also if you holler about anubis at your cartridge on the night of a full moon after bathing the cart in sheep's blood, metal godzilla is playable.
Or you can just use a gameshark which is cool too.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
I mean, you can point at how the ratings were a little poor at the time but that's the case when anything new and untested hits the market. In restrospect everyone agrees that season 1's as good as any of the later stuff. It belongs in any rewatch or marathon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
During the disastrous filming of Godzilla 2 (Gojira Gojia Panic in Japan) Godzilla was played by three children standing on each others shoulders.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Dave's reparations consisted of two containers of Godzilla Vanilla ice cream from 1998 that had been in the freezer of a Food Lion in Blytheville, Arkansas. His wife and three children were expected to share them.

Jeff was given a copy of The Lion King 1.5 on VHS to help pass the time for his radiation decontamination cleanings.

Jerry Seinfeld was unable to summon the power of the laughter/love of children from the release of Bee Movie that would have allowed him to kill a parasitic space slug that emerged from an abandoned silver mine in Nevada. The International Order of Mothra Associates, or IOMA, summarily terminated his internship for not being a friend to children.

TieTuesday once caught a catfish thiiiiiis big *holds arms apart* using a Jai Alai cesta and the promises that the sport would become incredibly popular underwater and that the catfish could double its investment in a stadium within a year and a half if it chipped in 2.3 million dollars to build a stadium.

A_Raving_Loon would later find himself successful in summoning the Devil by using a sandalwood candle.

Avatars of all of the ingame human characters would later find use as part of a vaporwave album cover, "Jarrodzilla_DOS_RUNTIME_PING_QUERY: LATENCY %%%".

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't have anything interesting to add to the discussion but i do want to say that this LP is a real treasure. Thanks for this Tie.

Mjolna
Oct 2, 2014

A_Raving_Loon posted:

I mean, you can point at how the ratings were a little poor at the time but that's the case when anything new and untested hits the market. In restrospect everyone agrees that season 1's as good as any of the later stuff. It belongs in any rewatch or marathon.

Season 1 was only 5 episodes, it didn't hit its stride until season 3 man. No wonder they call you A Raving Loon.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
A Between the Buried and Me midi and maudlin of the well?! :swoon:

What was that doom-sounding thing when you were trying to summon the Super Satan? Seems familiar and I should probably know it.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Detective Thompson posted:

A Between the Buried and Me midi and maudlin of the well?! :swoon:

What was that doom-sounding thing when you were trying to summon the Super Satan? Seems familiar and I should probably know it.

its an 8 bit cover not a midi sheesh what kind of operation do you think im running here.
Also it's part of Absolutego by Boris a Doom Drone masterpiece of amplifier worship.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have it on good authority that Mephistopheles is a big fan of Fresh Linen scented candles. Not sure how much he can help given that he's more of a Sega kind of guy, but that's an option.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I thought Tie was gonna read the Galt speech for the whole episode. 4/10

Bearpigman
Feb 19, 2013

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
this lp is less seinfeld and more space ghost coast to coast

this is not a bad thing tho

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Kuvo posted:

Confirmed then, a godzilla on whiskey is mighty risky but a godzilla on beer is a beer engineer.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Boy I sure can't wait for the next episode of Tiefeld.

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME

Kuvo posted:

thank

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Are you guys going to show the Biollante boss fight?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

OptimusShr posted:

Whaddya think this is, some kind of let's play or something?

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

OptimusShr posted:

You can't fight Biollante until you complete the Faustian bargain, which obviously hasn't happened yet.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I suddenly can't shake the feeling that I'm going see this on UbuWeb some day.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
"These Japanese people... are making me thirsty!"
- George Godstanzilla

TieTuesday posted:

its an 8 bit cover not a midi sheesh what kind of operation do you think im running here.
Also it's part of Absolutego by Boris a Doom Drone masterpiece of amplifier worship.

You seem like a cool dude that I'd like to hang out and talk about music with and also I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Imagine Godzilla doing the Elaine Dance on a human city.

Forever.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

pkfan2004 posted:

Imagine Godzilla doing the Elaine Dance on a human city.

Forever.

The Big Kicks

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The attacks will not end until someone can best uncle 'Jira in the Feats of Strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearpigman
Feb 19, 2013

"Breaking up is like knocking over Tokyo Tower. You can't do it in one push, you gotta rock it back and forth a few times and then it goes over"

• Locked thread