Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Technically the OP is asking a question similar to what to do with my time or what do I do now that I'm retired. Defining a bigger goal that just getting a job would be a start. A job might take you to where you want to go but a goal would be more helpful.

If you are going to spend part of your life administering investments you could get a business degree, or if there is a family business work for that.

If you just want something else to do get a post-graduate degree. Having a degree opens the door for other degrees and there's a lot of options. Less for a BA than other degrees but there will be something interest but also potentially useless. You have the luxury of doing another degree of limited use without it having a negative impact on your future.

What do you want to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Yossarian-22 posted:

Basically I'm indecisive when it comes to life choices and lacking direction right now, but I do have a vaguer hunger in terms of wanting to travel and "experience" poo poo on my own. My short term goal is to travel a lot; my long term goal is to figure out if I want to be a teacher and then either teach or pursue a more enjoyable profession.

While I don't agree with a lot of the Four Hour Work Week (4HWW) some chapters could be kind of useful to you. Maybe you'd find some ideas in the book or maybe none but part of it is about what to do with your life when you don't need to work. Also there's a lot of content on travel.

Why not travel for a while? However while you're travelling you can think about what you'd like to do. Starting a business, a time consuming hobby or doing charity work all have their merits and can include creative work. Some people don't figure out what they want to do until their late 20s and some never figure it out.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

You should definitely go to law school

I'm not really sure that lawyers make the best coffee. Law school doesn't have any papers on coffee making either.

• Locked thread