Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
I only ever had Den of Dragons when I was a kid, and I'm so angry you jerks died and lost that silver ring. I don't remember what it does in the next book, but I remember some section asking you if you have the "tinglering". I would appreciate it if, after the next book, you could tell us what it would have been used for :)

I read that book so much I remember what section the entrance to town is ("A blink. A flicker. You're in the village, Pip."), what riddle the Fiend asks (and its answer), and which house in town leads to the section with 3 lines, each ending "by Jove!"
...I hope the goons go to that house.

Also, I'm pretty sure those are the same Dreamtime options that Den of Dragons has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Don't want my memories of this book to skew the wonderful discoveries, by Jove, but I dimly recall there might be an error in the book that has to do with buying another weapon - specifically, a section that asks you to clear an obstacle and seems to have the "use EJ" and "use another weapon" directions mixed up. Miki, do you know what I'm talking about? Or I can keep an eye out for it as we go.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug
Welcome to Stonemarten! Come for the dragons, stay for the buried in rubble and left to die!

Minor thing, but shouldn't you have two experience points for dealing with the rabbit and wolf? Not like you'll live long enough to enjoy them.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

Pillbug

Section 169 posted:

It must have been many years since the chest was used - a tangled profusion of dusty spiders' webs makes it quite impossible to see inside. How do you tackle this one, Pip?

Brush them away with your hand ? Go to 161.
Cut them with EJ? Go to 158.
Risk using one of your other weapons on them? Go to 167.
Burn them away with a Fireball or similar spell? Go to 159.
In my copy of the book, 158 and 167 were switched in this section. Spoilers: 167 is bad times, especially if it applies to EJ.

• Locked thread