Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harriet II
Feb 28, 2015

E L O I S E
I watch Leafs games while wearing Leafs clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
:sigh:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
considering my lovely team is guaranteed one of eichel or mcdavid, im happy to participate in this thread for fans of lovely teams

a+ season

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nobody knows what time the draft is at, do they? It will be held in a remote location, and through a mysterious ceremony the winner of the McDavid sweepstakes will be determined. We will only be informed after the fact of the results.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
It's next Saturday.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

DJExile posted:

Real talk, I have some serious respect for you Oilers fans. Following a team that's been that incompetently run has to be just brutal.

Thanks. It's gotten really hard the last few seasons though, and keeps getting harder year after year. :(

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mr. Kite posted:

It's next Saturday.

But nobody knows what time they will be performing the ceremony. Things could go terribly wrong and the world could end, and no one would know why!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is this where we recap our seasons and talk about what good things happened? Because I'm game for an effortpost.

DJExile posted:

Even with them now being in our division, I keep a soft spot for the Jackets. They're a drat good team and getting like a thousand man-games lost to injury is brutal as hell.

Philly's cool, especially with Hartnell coming here for some reason making me like them more. It's cool seeing Voracek do well and I think most CBJ fans think the same (evidenced by the roar he got during the ASG festivities).

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

But nobody knows what time they will be performing the ceremony.
I think its usually during the intermission of whichever game is on NBC/SN.

I wish to welcome Bruins fans to the huge disappointment wing of this thread. Sharks fans are here too, but without Cup pins on their lapels.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 12, 2015

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Hello Bruins Argument Stadium

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Welcome, the Boston Bruins

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUnAvMoTZo

B-lieve

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 12, 2015

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
So the Hurricanes' season ended how it began: with a big wet fart.

It could be an interesting off-season with Ward and E. Staal entering the last year of their deals. Maybe they can convince Semin to retire and go play in the KHL, since that's about the only way I can see him being moved.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I can't remember- is there a separate "Grade Your Team" thread?

Chuch posted:

So the Hurricanes' season ended how it began: with a big wet fart.

It could be an interesting off-season with Ward and E. Staal entering the last year of their deals. Maybe they can convince Semin to retire and go play in the KHL, since that's about the only way I can see him being moved.

Consolation prize: You guys get the title of "Last team to beat the CBJ in regulation in 2014-15".

...which happened almost a month ago. CBJ finish 12-0-1 after losing to the Canes on March 15th.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 12, 2015

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
This is going to be good in the long run.

Was time to clean house, and we need an honest to god GM who isn't afraid to make changes.

Bummer, that first round series against the Rangers was gonna rule.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually we're not allowed bear pictures anymore.

Something about a bandwagon full of tears? I forget.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

Actually we're not allowed bear pictures anymore.

Something about a bandwagon full of tears? I forget.

sic semper bostonus

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't think anyone should feel comfortable taking delight in Boston or LA's misery until the draft lottery finishes. Would be quite hilarious if one of those teams wins it.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't think anyone should feel comfortable taking delight in Boston or LA's misery until the draft lottery finishes. Would be quite hilarious if one of those teams wins it.

Don't worry. If the Bruins win it they'll only keep McDavid until they have to pay him Real Money then they'll dump him

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
mens worlds schedule is here. starts may 1st, gold medal game may 17th

with the nhl regular season wrapping up today we'll start hearing players confirm whether they're going or not. guy boucher coaching for team canada and hall and eberle already confirmed to go at least. hopefully benn will come out too

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

DJExile posted:

Real talk, I have some serious respect for you Oilers fans. Following a team that's been that incompetently run has to be just brutal.
There's not really anything else to do in Edmonton during the winter.

Except drink. Which the Oilers make me do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Albino Squirrel posted:

The Molsons bought the wrong team.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Albino Squirrel posted:

And here is one of the reasons I never cheered for the Oilers

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

The Florida Panthers are close to signing future Hall-of-Fame right wing Jaromir Jagr to either a one- or two-year contract, reports the Miami Herald.

According to the Herald, the Panthers want to get Jagr inked to a new contract and a deal could be struck in the very near future.
Jagr, 43, made $3.5 million this season and can become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

"We're getting close; I want $10 million and they're giving me $1 million," Jagr said jokingly to the Herald.

"It's pretty close, it's almost done. I think it's close and I feel like the team wants me here, and I love this team. It's going to happen pretty soon."

:getin:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

fits posted:

mens worlds schedule is here. starts may 1st, gold medal game may 17th

with the nhl regular season wrapping up today we'll start hearing players confirm whether they're going or not. guy boucher coaching for team canada and hall and eberle already confirmed to go at least. hopefully benn will come out too

Oh yes great! Watching the oilers sucks, so let's watch this! Like the time I was at a game in 2013 in loving Sweden, against Sweden, that featured Hall, Ebs, Dubnyk and JSchultz. It's just like the oilers! And they lost, just like the oilers! Bunch of dicks on the train kept yelling "Sverige!" at me over and over after the game. I swear, if it wasn't for the olympics and the recent successes I'd probably just change to watching curling exclusively, and gently caress this stupid hockey sport. :smith:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Thoughts on the Kings:

Anze Kopitar finished the season as the highest scoring Slovenian in the league. Again.
Tyler Toffoli finished with the 3rd most point on the team in his 3rd season and he's an RFA. Guy is getting paid.
Jarrett Stoll is a UFA and finished with 17 points. See you 'round. Thanks for the OT goal in 2012.
I'd like to see them resign Williams.
Mike Richards cap hit is 4M, which isn't even that high now. Hopefully this year was kind of an anomaly and he can go back to 40ish points.

The Kings D-core is pretty great. It consists of 5 pretty good to very good players all being paid fairly.
Sekera ended up being a waste of a 1st. Indifferent to him resigning, but they'll need someone and he wasn't bad.

The last few years I've been so uninterested in the teams prospects, I don't even know who is in the pipeline. Not sure if they'll need to sign free agents or just bring up guys.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Mr. Kite posted:

Thoughts on the Kings:

Anze Kopitar finished the season as the highest scoring Slovenian in the league. Again.

You mean he was able to beat out the stiff competition of Jan Mursak Greg Kuznik literally no one else? No way :aaa: .

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

GuavaMoment posted:

I swear, if it wasn't for the olympics and the recent successes I'd probably just change to watching curling exclusively, and gently caress this stupid hockey sport. :smith:
Curling can be even worse - it's always some rando from Manitoba who wins the Brier and then loses terribly to some team from Switzerland that's been going to the worlds for years :canada:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coach Dave Tippett on the disastrous season the Coyotes just endured: "I can't see myself doing that again."

same

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mr. Kite posted:

Thoughts on the Kings:

Tyler Toffoli finished with the 3rd most point on the team in his 3rd season and he's an RFA. Guy is getting paid.
Jarrett Stoll is a UFA and finished with 17 points. See you 'round. Thanks for the OT goal in 2012.
I'd like to see them resign Williams.
Mike Richards cap hit is 4M, which isn't even that high now. Hopefully this year was kind of an anomaly and he can go back to 40ish points.

The Kings D-core is pretty great. It consists of 5 pretty good to very good players all being paid fairly.
Sekera ended up being a waste of a 1st. Indifferent to him resigning, but they'll need someone and he wasn't bad.

The last few years I've been so uninterested in the teams prospects, I don't even know who is in the pipeline. Not sure if they'll need to sign free agents or just bring up guys.

roland mc... oh. uh

Mr_Smashy
Aug 6, 2004

Albino Squirrel posted:

Wow. The Oilers really rely on people in this city being incredibly lazy and incurious about where they live. "Hey why don't we check out [x]". "No, I'd rather watch this emotional tire fire. There is nothing else to do."

If the Oilers win the right to squander McDavid's talent, is there a chance that he might Lindros the team? Or at least could, in theory, because as hockey jesus he would never do anything so unprofessional.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

LumpyGumby posted:

Also, everyone should hope Iginla gets a hat trick tonight, so he can keep his 30 goal streak going.

He only scored two. :sigh: Sorry Iggy.

Him and Barrie were probably the only two bright spots this season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this where we recap our seasons and talk about what good things happened? Because I'm game for an effortpost.

I will always look back fondly on this season as the one where the Leafs got rid of David Clarkson and won like 89 games in 2015, after I gave up on watching this mess. Here's the list of 2015 Leafs wins:

5-2 vs CBJ
5-1 vs EDM
4-3 vs WPG (OT)
3-2 vs PHI
3-2 @ FLA
4-3 vs BUF (SO)
4-3 vs OTT (OT)
3-1 vs TBL
3-2 vs OTT (SO)

5 regulation wins in 2015, only one of which was on the road. Bravo. That is something.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
i mean, playoffs are cool and all, but this way all our hockeymen will be rested up good for next season

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Leafs have fired Horacek and Nonis I guess?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Mr_Smashy posted:

Wow. The Oilers really rely on people in this city being incredibly lazy and incurious about where they live. "Hey why don't we check out [x]". "No, I'd rather watch this emotional tire fire. There is nothing else to do."
That was mostly sarcasm :ssh: There are plenty of things to in Edmonton in the winter - some of which I used to actually do before I had a kid!

The Oilers are, however, the only major-league sports team in Edmonton, and in a mid-sized Canadian city which is frozen over for literally half the year, it does make them the biggest sports draw in town, regardless of how much they suck.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

evenworse username posted:

Leafs have fired Horacek and Nonis I guess?

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 46 secs
Leafs announce firing of Nonis, Horacek, Spott, Dennis and St Croix. Staios remains. As per release.

i don't even know who the leafs should hire, assume that shanahan isn't going to give himself the job. nonis should never have been hired, but should have been fired at least a year ago.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Also, is Nonis already planning his move to Calgary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the leafs fanbase shoulld start a Milbury/McGuire 2015 rally imo

• Locked thread