Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
s.

I've never seen the Godfather and I probably never will. What other super popular movies have you never seen before goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Otto von Ruthless posted:

ive never seen casablanca

I watched that movie a few years ago because I thought I would try and become some sort of classic movie buff or something. I didn't get it. Maybe it was great for its time, but it was pretty boring to me.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 12, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Schweinhund posted:

the issue might be you

That was never in question.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
You're not missing much with fast and furious. I know that one dude died recently, but I still can't comprehend how Furious 7 was a blockbuster hit.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Matey posted:

I haven't seen die hard, don't ever plan to. Take that, annoying 30 year old white dudes

I know a guy that's never seen any of the Terminator movies or any of the Predator movies. He's a 30 year old man.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Seen most of the super popular ones. Most of the greats. The only major flick I haven't seen is Shitlers list and I just don't give a poo poo about holocaustploitation films.

That's another one I haven't seen. I feel like I can't stand anything that has to do with WWII or the Holocaust anymore. There's only so much a person can take.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I never saw the third Matrix movie.

The second was really bad so I lost interest. People were all "Well it's not good, but it's a bit better than the second one", and that's not a good sell, I don't get why people fell for it.

I saw it but I don't remember anything about it. Then again I don't remember anything about the second one either.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah, I don't even bother with superhero movies. I thought The Dark Knight was good but I couldn't get through The Dark Knight Rises. I couldn't understand what Bane was saying and I really didn't care to know anyway. All other comic book movies just don't grab my interest.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Pulp Can Move posted:

Just watched 'Alien' for the first time.

One of my favorite movies. Did you like it?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Pulp Can Move posted:

It was good poo poo, brother.

Have you seen the sequel "Aliens"? If you liked Alien you should like that one too.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hector Beerlioz posted:

People liked Children of Men because the climax was the dude running through a war zone in one uninterrupted take.

Is this the same reason people like Old Boy because of the hammer scene? I like Old Boy, but I feel like cinematics freaks play the movie up just because of that one scene.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SweetKarma posted:

I watched that movie a few years ago because I thought I would try and become some sort of classic movie buff or something. I didn't get it. Maybe it was great for its time, but it was pretty boring to me.

I will say the one good thing about watching Casablanca was that I finally understood where all those quotes came from.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Probably.

Also, it's probably a testament to how great of a movie Hard Boiled is cause there is a 5 minute uninterrupted take of a gun fight but it's brought up in relation to lots of other great scenes and not the sole stand out shot. What I am saying is, everyone please go watch Hard Boiled.

I haven't seen it. I'll have to check it out.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Looks sweet.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Dick Fagballzson posted:

The Goonies, the Harry Potter movies, and the Pirates of the Carribean movies. Seemed like gay poo poo for annoying screaming little kids.

My childhood was spent watching 80s and 90s action classics like Terminator and Total Recall. I never enjoyed kids movies even as a kid.

The Goonies are my jam. It may be one of those movies you had to see as a kid to appreciate though...

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I've only seen parts of planet of the apes.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Top Gun, any Terminator movie, any Aliens movie, except I think I saw part of the one with predator? that had aliens in it maybe

That would most likely be alien vs. predator.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

That sounds reasonable. I wasn't really paying attention, so if someone could spoil the end of it for me, did the predator win? He seemed legit.

I'm trying my best to remember the end of that movie. IIRC the humans teamed up with the predators to hunt down the aliens, but I can't remember.I'm not really interested in the Aliens vs. Predator mythos.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

ive never seen pulp fiction all the way through either, seen maybe like 1/3rd of it at one point

ive never seen jaws or forrest gump or titanic or rocky

never seen independance day

Those are all good movies but out of all of those I would suggest seeing Forrest Gump. I don't want to hype it up too much, but it's a really good movie and you won't be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

thats probably the one im least likely to see, everything i hear about it makes me think i will not enjoy it, from the sense of humor to the social milieu of the plot

i do kinda wanna see terminator though cuz the only ahhhnold movie ive seen is predator

If you're looking for an ahhhhnold type movie then Rocky is your best bet. Rocky IV is my favorite.

• Locked thread