Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
why the gently caress do they put this poo poo in a velvet bag? a nice looking box? its really cool but I dont know why they did it, it seems like a lot of effort for people who are either going to drink it and go "hmm, it tastes like apple, what a surprise, delectable" or people who are going to shove it up their butts to drink it. both of these types of people are not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
but im not either of them, im a cool drinker who drinks to ignore the minor amount of bad poo poo that happens and drown my brain in poison

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
alcohol is alcohol

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

klapman posted:

why the gently caress do they put this poo poo in a velvet bag? a nice looking box? its really cool but I dont know why they did it, it seems like a lot of effort for people who are either going to drink it and go "hmm, it tastes like apple, what a surprise, delectable" or people who are going to shove it up their butts to drink it. both of these types of people are not good

crown royal is an acceptable whisky to drink on the rocks HOWEVER ...

i feel that it's better for cocktails, specifically ginger ale

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

casual beep posted:

crown royal is an acceptable whisky to drink on the rocks HOWEVER ...

i feel that it's better for cocktails, specifically ginger ale

i had it on the rocks a little bit but it took the flavor out of it. I got the apple one so it tastes pretty good but with ice it just tasted kinda vaguely bitter and bad

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards

klapman posted:

i had it on the rocks a little bit but it took the flavor out of it. I got the apple one so it tastes pretty good but with ice it just tasted kinda vaguely bitter and bad

my favourite whisky to drink neat is conomarah peated even though i don't think thats how you spell it and its a hundred and some odd dollars as bottle

good poo poo

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

fyi crown royal is just lovely canadian whiskey dressed up to trick people in other countries into buying it

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
Remember folks, if you're drinking and you start to feel a dull ache in your midsection this one little bitch organ is eating itself and you should stop drinking because they can't fix that poo poo for some god drat reason.

I miss whisky.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Remember folks, if you're drinking and you start to feel a dull ache in your midsection this one little bitch organ is eating itself and you should stop drinking because they can't fix that poo poo for some god drat reason.

I miss whisky.

why don't you go buy a fifth right now

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Dead Gay Romans posted:

I miss whisky.

just switch to heroin, problem solved

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
'This is a classy drink.'

*sees a million nerds using the little bag to carry D&D dice*

'Well poo poo.'

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

casual beep posted:

my favourite whisky to drink neat is conomarah peated even though i don't think thats how you spell it and its a hundred and some odd dollars as bottle

good poo poo

i googled that and the delivery cost is in pounds, which is how you know its good alcohol. probably i dont know but it seems more fancy

FormaldehydeSon posted:

fyi crown royal is just lovely canadian whiskey dressed up to trick people in other countries into buying it

i drink fireball on the reg so its still a step up for me, and its a bag man drat thats cool

EvilJoven posted:

'This is a classy drink.'

*sees a million nerds using the little bag to carry D&D dice*

'Well poo poo.'

im going to be entirely honest

when I saw it that was my first thought, that it would be good to carry dice in. im sorry

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

casual beep posted:

why don't you go buy a fifth right now

It's not all bad, beer and wine are still on the table. Life is good.

Turns out the human body is a bit poo poo at dealing with stuff north of 20% abv as it's fairly new to the booze game evolution wise.

Edit: You do get the odd fucker that can mainline everclear for 40 years straight before imploding. They are actually the next step in human evolution and of superior breeding stock.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

klapman posted:

i googled that and the delivery cost is in pounds, which is how you know its good alcohol. probably i dont know but it seems more fancy

it's really good. its aged in peat barrels or something and it has this real smokey flavor

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

klapman posted:

why the gently caress do they put this poo poo in a velvet bag?

So that cool high school kids can put their weed in it.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

Dead Gay Romans posted:

It's not all bad, beer and wine are still on the table. Life is good.

Turns out the human body is a bit poo poo at dealing with stuff north of 20% abv as it's fairly new to the booze game evolution wise.

liver damage?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

just switch to heroin, problem solved

why not both?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

casual beep posted:

it's really good. its aged in peat barrels or something and it has this real smokey flavor

does it go well with chinese food? because despite my appearance im actually trashy as gently caress and feel that liquor without chinese is just a false drunk

SweetKarma posted:

So that cool high school kids can put their weed in it.

sod off*, ganja gremlin!!!!!!!!!!!!

*its a good insult in britain, its like calling someone a fucker idiot here in the ole us of a

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
It's the same with Stella Artois they just put gold foil on the bottle and market it as a premium beer and lots of people who don't know any better buy it.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

klapman posted:

does it go well with chinese food? because despite my appearance im actually trashy as gently caress and feel that liquor without chinese is just a false drunk

i don't think so i don't eat when i drink liquor

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

casual beep posted:

liver damage?

Nope, the liver is a fully miraculous tank of an organ. Booze bags are always prattling on about the liver, but 90% of the time the issue is the pancreas, which is a bit overlapping in location.

Worth looking into some of the literature there if you like your booze, you don't even have to be that huge a drinker for issues to arise there, it's often more about the proof and window of time involved.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Word!

From here on this thread is about people posting what they think goons would agree is good whiskey, then other goons telling them they are scrub tier.

This is the absolute cheapest stuff ($26,000 per bottle) that my refined taste-buds can tolerate. If you drink anything even a cent cheaper than this stuff, you are worthless human garbage that should put a gun barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger*.

*if you don't kill yourself with at least a Holland & Holland over & under shotgun (£98,400) or better, then I don't know what to tell you, because you're obviously some retarded poor man.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hot Jam posted:

It's the same with Stella Artois they just put gold foil on the bottle and market it as a premium beer and lots of people who don't know any better buy it.

Goldschläger. Another classy drink for cool high school kids.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
and for the record, CR is mid-tier poo poo at best. Better for mixing a smooth yet strong drink then actually sipping on the rocks.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
my pancreas can take it

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I drink Kessler, but only because I don't want to seem pretentious.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Dead Gay Romans posted:

and for the record, CR is mid-tier poo poo at best. Better for mixing a smooth yet strong drink then actually sipping on the rocks.

it was literally top shelf at my liquor store, you guys aren't making me feel too great now......

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blistex posted:

Word!

From here on this thread is about people posting what they think goons would agree is good whiskey, then other goons telling them they are scrub tier.

This is the absolute cheapest stuff ($26,000 per bottle) that my refined taste-buds can tolerate. If you drink anything even a cent cheaper than this stuff, you are worthless human garbage that should put a gun barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger*.
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/4HphTb1.jpg[timg]

*if you don't kill yourself with at least a Holland & Holland over & under shotgun (£98,400) or better, then I don't know what to tell you, because you're obviously some retarded poor man.
money is just like, some number, you uppity prick. go back to grad school with a gun

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I like to drink but I don't drink anymore because I am a gay

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

klapman posted:

it was literally top shelf at my liquor store, you guys aren't making me feel too great now......

It's top shelf whiskey for middle class people, and also rich high school kids who's parents just left town and left them $500 for "food".

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i think canadian whiskey is allowed to have a fairly high amount of neutral grain spirit blended in it..most canadian whiskies unfortunately aren't too distinctive as a result.

drink bourbon or single malts instead

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
get the highest proof thing you can, put it in a glass with ice, and put in just enough of whatever your mixer of choice is to make it not taste like napalm

bacardi 151 and koolaid, gently caress it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
gin and juice

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
when im feeling classy i pour myself a paper cup full of thug passion

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
drinking gin and anything, really

gin and lime
gin and lemon
gin and 7 up
gin and soup
gin and coke
gin and milk
gin and bread
gin and more gin

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
gin is gross by itself. keep your herbs out of my alcohol thnx.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

baby i hear the blues a callin', tossed salad, gin and scrambled eggs

they're calling agaiinnn

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
one of my coworkers made rum ham once to see how it worked out

fun fact its loving gross

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

gin is gross by itself. keep your herbs out of my alcohol thnx.

nigga lemme tell you about New Amsterdam gin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

shiksa posted:

one of my coworkers made rum ham once to see how it worked out

fun fact its loving gross

I don't think you were ever supposed to get the impression that it was anything but gross.

dumb friend there.

• Locked thread