Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I don't care, nobody cares.

You even know you don't care because when someone else is rambling about their dream, you're just waiting for the end so you can talk about yours.

"This one time I dreamt my sister and baby niece and were in Egypt and there was a really long dune buggy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i only tell people about my dreams if i was loving them in them

otherwise its just weird

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
No one wants to hear what you dreamt about unless you dreamt about them.

Don't let that stop you. Tell them anyway. Any you can make it up as you go.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Everything I dream comes true.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Last lucid dream I had was literally the coolest poo poo, and every time I told people about it they were kind of intrigued then started laughing with me when I mention the ninjas showing up.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i quit smoking weed and dreams have been crazy. i need to smoke more weed.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i post about my dreams on facebook so that i don't get the urge to talk about them. my dreams are always very bizarre, and people in my life seem to enjoy reading about them.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I dream about eating hotdogs while riding on this train that just keeps going into tunnels.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
op only mad because his dreams were crushed when he was rejected from every college he applied to

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

girl told me the other day she dreamed i was her brother and so now she calls me her brother.
bloody friend zoned again! sibling zoned actually it's next level poo poo god drat.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

BigBoss posted:

I dream about eating hotdogs while riding on this train that just keeps going into tunnels.
You're gay.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

YeahTubaMike posted:

i post about my dreams on facebook so that i don't get the urge to talk about them. my dreams are always very bizarre, and people in my life seem to enjoy reading about them.

I mean that's pretty lame of you, but it's nice you're offering an option rather than forcing them. Consent.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
because the entire experience was really memorable, but when you try to put it into words it sounds really lovely and dumb, and retroactively cheapens the whole thing, so dont talk about your dreams

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

diabeetz posted:

I mean that's pretty lame of you, but it's nice you're offering an option rather than forcing them. Consent.

yeah i can be kinda lame sometimes

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

krampster2 posted:

girl told me the other day she dreamed i was her brother and so now she calls me her brother.
bloody friend zoned again! sibling zoned actually it's next level poo poo god drat.

I think this means she hosed her brother in her dream but is subbing you in to clear her conscience.

Ask her if she dream-hosed her brother and if she gets all weird, you'll know what to do.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am dream I'm a less privileged minority and then I wake up.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sometimes dreams are really cool and funny to hear about. Like when my friend told me he was under attack by something and then Kramer from Seinfeld showed up with a rocket launcher, fired it and hit someone's house instead and said "I've really done it now!"

I was glad to hear about that dream.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I dreamt of a world where I could kill every single person by hand. :)

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

diabeetz posted:

Ask her if she dream-hosed her brother and if she gets all weird, you'll know what to do.

right, break into her dream like in inception (is that what happened in inception?) and then bang her so that her excuse becomes a real dream. nice one i like your thinking.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

I've spent so much time browsing some websites that sometimes I will have dreams where I look out the window and see a floating screen with site on it and I can control it perfectly with my fingers through the glass.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
aspirations are bullshit too

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i like to talk about my dreams because its fun to talk about the best and most realistic ones such as the one time i was a real boy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this morning, I had an extended dream involving Steven Universe that involved the Gem's backstory (including Rose). The backstory dreams were actually dreams within a dream, and when I woke up from the subdream I remember that I was crying in the main dream because everything was so sad. But now I can't remember anything I dreamed about, except some canon stuff like Jasper's “defective Pearl” comment.

Als, I dreamt that when I was at work at Kroger that the carts I was retrieving in the parking lot kept growing bigger and some ended up being bigger than a bus.

naem
May 29, 2011

Dreams are my favorite but I always spoil them by interacting and the dream is always like "dammit he's onto us"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
What if MLK never talked about his dream huh? What then?

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

normally my dreams end because i see a sexy lady in the dream and run up to her and touch her boobs and she doesn't mind it. then i realise, "hang on a sec, sexy ladies don't let me touch their boobs irl!"

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I had a dream where I was naked in a crowd, and then a bomb started to tick and I was going to explode, and IRL I sleep ran out of my house into the middle of the street naked, stood there for a couple minutes, then walked back inside like nothing happened

my grandpa was unimpressed the next day

naem
May 29, 2011

klapman posted:

I had a dream where I was naked in a crowd, and then a bomb started to tick and I was going to explode, and IRL I sleep ran out of my house into the middle of the street naked, stood there for a couple minutes, then walked back inside like nothing happened

my grandpa was unimpressed the next day

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

One time I dreamed I was in Resident Evil and I woke up my girlfriend by yelling "Wes-kerrr!" in my sleep like Barry does right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrbLeTx-xM&t=512s

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

man nurse posted:

One time I dreamed I was in Resident Evil and I woke up my girlfriend by yelling "Wes-kerrr!" in my sleep like Barry does right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrbLeTx-xM&t=512s

nerd dreems

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Girls OP.

Girls massively care about dreams.

losermeme
Oct 26, 2014

I mean, it was you, but it wasn't really you

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Lasts night I dreamed I saw a lamb sucking a dogs dick because the lamb thought it was a nipple

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

diabeetz posted:

I don't care, nobody cares.

You even know you don't care because when someone else is rambling about their dream, you're just waiting for the end so you can talk about yours.

"This one time I dreamt my sister and baby niece and were in Egypt and there was a really long dune buggy!"

i'll always remember what my mama told me once after a nightmare when i was 3, "nobody else finds your dreams as interesting as you do"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People like to go on and on about their "bizarre" dreams because they think it makes people think they are dark and ~disturbed~ and therefore interesting. In reality though, most people are only humoring you and don't want to offend you by accusing you of just making poo poo up, which most people do. It's like whenever sleep paralysis comes up in threads here - everyone feels it's necessary to come in and share about the time they totally saw a demon/alien/scarey monster, man. I guess some people like hearing about that, but I can't imagine why. There's nothing paranormal/mysterious about things like that, it's just a natural brain thing that happens. Don't even get me started on "lucid dreamers" who go on and on about how they "controlled" their dream. I wouldn't care if you didn't control it, I still don't care even if you did. Just keep your dreams to yourself.

vv see, it's like clockwork. And I did experience it a lot as a kid. It's scary until you realize what it is and how to make it stop.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 12, 2015

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Really though, sleep paralysis is scary poo poo. One time I felt like I was hanging upside down over my bed with my back against the wall and there was this crazy evil presence in the room. People who have never experienced sleep paralysis just don't understand how scary it is.

^^I was kidding.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 12, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I woke up this morning after having a dream where I walked in on my ex and her best friend having a threesome with Shia LaBeouf in my bedroom and they invited me to join in but then I woke up. What I'm trying to say is i'm gay.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i always wee in my dreams. Where ever i am i am pissing in rooms or pot plants or cars or at my desk. Pissed in someone's glovebox once. This is probably because I piss in every room i walk into in my waking life and so this is etched into my subconscious.

My pee dreams have inspired books and stage plays.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Humanity in general has been quite fascinated by dreams since the beginning of people since they're this weird thing nobody can quite fully explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

talking about your dreams in a group setting is also a sign of cult conditioning

• Locked thread