Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Junkfist posted:

I think it was True Blood that had the vampires have their vampire teeth on the teeth just next to the front ones instead of having four between them man that poo poo looked loving dumb and gay almost as much as that stupid switchblade thing they did loving stupid as hell loving dumb as poo poo.

Meanwhile Blade was so cool it gave Wesley Snipes schizophrenia.

What was even up with that, incisors would never be fangs that's loving stupid who made that decision. The eye teeth are always the fangs unless vampires don't count as mammals anymore or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

E: alcohol

naem fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 13, 2015

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Blade is legit the best superhero movie of all time.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

What was even up with that, incisors would never be fangs that's loving stupid who made that decision. The eye teeth are always the fangs unless vampires don't count as mammals anymore or something.

Maybe in the early vampire legends they had sharp incisors, they go back centuries before Bram Stoker's Dracula, one common vampire trait in eastern Europe was having harelip. Vampires are some goofy looking monsters.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
beaver teeth vampire best vampire

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Flesh Forge posted:

beaver teeth vampire best vampire

The Horseshoe Theory of Vampire Fangs makes these kind of cool.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

how would they affect my ability to give a good suck-off? i vaaaaant to suck your diiiick!!!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the lawyer joke was good.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

blood addicts is all.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
sunlight does not harm him. his only weakness is the irs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

porkchop_express posted:

sunlight does not harm him. his only weakness is the irs

Patton Oswalt's interview on Blade 3 was pretty hilarious.

Apparently for most of the production Snipes just hung out in his trailer smoking weed between takes.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

etalian posted:

Apparently for most of the production Snipes just hung out in his trailer smoking weed between takes.

lol i'll have to re-watch it with this knowledge

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

etalian posted:

Everything Wesley Snipes did involving Blade 3 was justified because he thought it was a stupid movie and sure enough, it was a stupid movie.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Everything Wesley Snipes did involving Blade 3 was justified because he thought it was a stupid movie and sure enough, it was a stupid movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rCtzKA9tQ

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/ :laffo:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR55cGldDSg

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

It's funny if you listen to the commentary for Blade 2 during the CGI fight scene Guillermo Del Toro just sort of laughs and goes "shiiit, we should've paid extra for the motion capture"

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It's funny if you listen to the commentary for Blade 2 during the CGI fight scene Guillermo Del Toro just sort of laughs and goes "shiiit, we should've paid extra for the motion capture"

I dunno, crappy lifeless cgi in dull movies is kinda a directorial trademark of GDT.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Spazzle posted:

I dunno, crappy lifeless cgi in dull movies is kinda a directorial trademark of GDT.

I'm not surprised The Strain TV series ended up being such a mess.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Spazzle posted:

lol rewatching this scene and it's just abe sapien fighting blade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I
whats weird is the fight up to the bad cg is actually pretty well choreographed and everything and then...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

completely justified

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

basement jihadist posted:

lol i'll have to re-watch it with this knowledge

he also avoided directly talking with the director during the production.

Instead he had his assistants deliver post-it notes signed Blade.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Spazzle posted:

:argh: them's fightin' words! :ese:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zzulu posted:

They made a Blade tv show as well. It didn't last too long though

It was pretty dope though, it had that one guy from Onyx as Blade

and the female lead went on to be the field correspondent on Wipeout, guess you can't win em all

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snipes got literally 3 years in federal prison from 2010-2013 for his tax evasion conviction.

Of course the real punishment was being forced to star in a Expendables movie

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I remember reading somewhere that part of the reason Wesley Snipes was so unhinged while shooting Blade 3 is that he was really pissed off about Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds getting so much screen time, because it meant less screen time for him.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 13, 2015

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Maybe it's time for Blade 4. But, y'know, not lovely.

Signed,

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

dont post my vagina pics please I sent them to you in confidence

Manny Suave
Apr 5, 2011

Doc Block posted:

I remember reading somewhere that part of the reason Wesley Snipes was so umhinged while shooting Blade 3 is that he was really pissed off about Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds getting so much screen time, because it meant less screen time for him.

Well, then, maybe Wesley Snipes should've been willing to tell lovely jokes and load his iPod with "triphop" and "darkwave" so he could eliminate his sense of hearing while hunting vampires, so that David Goyer didn't have to rely on others

Sumptious
Dec 19, 2013
I love the song in the club scene when it starts raining with blood. I think it's a remix of a New Order song.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

lol rewatching this scene and it's just abe sapien fighting blade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0Ch2_2o7I
whats weird is the fight up to the bad cg is actually pretty well choreographed and everything and then...

... and then they take their masks off and it's loving Cat from Red Dwarf.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The fight choreography for Blade 2 was done by Donnie Yen, so yeah, it was p decent.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
man when did blade even come out

last time I watched it was on vhs and me and my buddy were stoned as gently caress chillin in the living room at like 1 in the morning

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
um

has anyone even had better hair than deacon frost, ever?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
bernie mac vamp commando

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

wouldnt having pointy incisors make cutting easier? also why cant mammals have sharp front teeth

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 13, 2015

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

i will never forget the moment i saw this in the cinema.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Haven't seen blade in a while, I impulse bought all the blu Rays but haven't got around to watching them unfortunately (watching the Star Trek tng blu Rays on a continuous loop like any other self respecting SA denizen). This thread has reminded to me finally watch them again for first time since the early 00s.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Blade 1 was awesome
Blade 2 was kind of silly and had hilariously awful CGI at points but was still entertaining, if far dumber than the first one
Blade 3 was like watching a high school vampire club resurrect a totally bored vampire to fight an equally bored Blade and his new pals no one gives a poo poo about

When Ryan Reynolds ironically was the best part of a Blade movie, that's pretty hosed up.

Parallax Scroll posted:

blade 3 owns best one

I hate linking YTMND these days but this totally sums up Blade 3
http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/

ED: Also I hold Blade 2 would have been ten times funnier if the girl who wanted to dramatically die in sunlight died exactly like the vampires from Blade 1 in sunlight, bloating up like a balloon and exploding in a shower of gore. Would have redeemed that whole dumb plot.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 13, 2015

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i think the best thing a bout GBS are the threads where somebody digs up an old forgotten film and everyone talks about it without it being some awful CD 'discussion' fest. - master and commander was another good recent exampele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I actually laughed out loud because of this. It was weird.

• Locked thread