Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Sources:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3339289/warner-bros-making-five-nights-freddys-movie/
http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-planning-a-five-nights-at-freddys-movie-1696356202
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/47113/20150411/five-nights-at-freddys-movie-story-production-release-scott-cawthon-warner-bros-film.htm
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/10/five-nights-at-freddys-movie/

Who in their right mind would make a live action movie to a lovely indie horror game that was just a phase that lasted for barely a year? No really, this series was just around for about half a year (give or take) and they're already making a movie about it, are they loving serious?

At first, I thought this was a late April Fool's prank...but no...no-one's admitting it. The future looks terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Uh yeah 2 large popcorns and a caramel mochaccino

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you're wrong, OP. furries wanted this

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There are worse ideas for a horror movie tbh, even though this will equate to nothing more than a bunch of jump scares.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
After hearing everyone talk about the game I downloaded it and immediately thought I got some rip off or demo or something. I asked myself is this it? And it was. What a boring rear end game.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
if done right, i think it could be cool, old-school 80s horror. but hollywood will gently caress it up.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
uh i saw exactly five minutes of play footage and a feature length film of this would be amazing even if they left the box

i am on board with any horror franchise

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Dear movie producers, please let John Carpenter direct one more movie before he dies.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

if done right, i think it could be cool, old-school 80s horror. but hollywood will gently caress it up.

did you say the red text in your av

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

It can't be done right, it didn't even look right when the first one came out.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
its kinda cringey but whatever horror movies are usually really dumb. im hopeing its going to shoot for being a horror movie for kids to up it's camp factor. idk why they wouldnt do this since like 80% of the fanbase are kids.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

super popular thing that could be made for under four million dollars and will make 100 million opening day because kids

SEEMS LIKE A BAD IDEA

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

afeelgoodpoop posted:

its kinda cringey but whatever horror movies are usually really dumb. im hopeing its going to shoot for being a horror movie for kids to up it's camp factor. idk why they wouldnt do this since like 80% of the fanbase are kids.

80% are bronies/furries 20% are kids/manchildren

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm still waiting for Super Mario Bros. 2

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
"What an awful idea, what kind of tasteless clods watch such drivel."
-A Goon without a cent to his name.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Press R2 to grab for cash. How could they possibly have time for this, it must take upwards of a person to complete development on Five nights at Freddies 4, 5 and six.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Junior Jr. posted:

Sources:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3339289/warner-bros-making-five-nights-freddys-movie/
http://kotaku.com/hollywood-is-planning-a-five-nights-at-freddys-movie-1696356202
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/47113/20150411/five-nights-at-freddys-movie-story-production-release-scott-cawthon-warner-bros-film.htm
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/10/five-nights-at-freddys-movie/

Who in their right mind would make a live action movie to a lovely indie horror game that was just a phase that lasted for barely a year? No really, this series was just around for about half a year (give or take) and they're already making a movie about it, are they loving serious?

At first, I thought this was a late April Fool's prank...but no...no-one's admitting it. The future looks terrible.

Hollywood is entirely unable to come up with any good, interesting, or original ideas. They probably latched onto this because of the apparent popularity, and if they didn't, they'd just do a remake of a remake of some film that was okay.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The game was ruined right off the bat when the fucker on the phone told you what was happening before anything even happened.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I would watch a slendlmen movee though.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Bros. 2

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

how me a frog posted:

I would watch a slendlmen movee though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V632s1VOBY

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao if you waste your money on indie PC games

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Junior Jr. posted:

80% are bronies/furries 100% are kids/manchildren

Fixed that for you.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

notZaar posted:

lmao if you waste your money on any video game

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol if you pay for anything that can be transmitted over the internet

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i do like how the dev milked the poo poo out of it by making 3 games in less then a year

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

notZaar posted:

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Blue Train posted:

lol if you pay for anything that can be transmitted over the internet

ha ha if you pay for anything anywhere with bank notes, coins, or your local currency.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lol if you

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Broenheim posted:

i do like how the dev milked the poo poo out of it by making 3 games in less then a year

Yeah but I'm glad he milked money from idiots. Bravo.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
If the dev of this game is so great, why wasn't he in Indie Game: The Movie? I mean everyone in that film looks so smart and talented, right?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Dear movie producers, please let John Carpenter direct one more movie before he dies.

has carptenter been burned by hollywood or just retire or something? its a fuckign shame his last movie was in 2001 and not really much after 96

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Lol if you type words on a forum

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Xaris posted:

has carptenter been burned by hollywood or just retire or something? its a fuckign shame his last movie was in 2001 and not really much after 96

His last movie, The Ward, was in 2010. Box office sales only amounted to half of it's budget in both worldwide and domestic revenue. No big surprise he hasn't made one since.

I just like to think the director of Halloween and The Thing has one more good movie in him.

edit: I would settle for Wes Craven or Stuart Gordon as well.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
five nights at freddy got fingered

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

id watch it as long as it doesnt have any furry fan service

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Horniest Manticore posted:

I would watch this movie

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Broenheim posted:

let's be real here that represents a whole six hours of work in the year

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Horniest Manticore posted:

on the casting couch

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Neither surprised nor concerned.