Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Gold Bay

Important People
Luka Novak, the Werewolf Alpha/Chopper
JJ, the Savvyhead
Raven, the Operator
Mr. Smith, the Brainer
Doctor Emdey, the Angel

An Assemblage of Various Folks

Districts of the Gold Bay
The Haights - Can’t get any higher than here. Luxe district, home of the old-old-really old money
Wharf - Largest working dock on the Bay, home of the Wharf Market
Heap/Jumble - In the Before, they built their buildings up to the sky. And then the Big One knocked them all down. Lots of salvage
Northwood - Area’s gone back to nature in a big way, tales of creepy hidden villages
Isle of the Watch Eternal - Ancient fortress, HQ of the Order of the Knights Vigilant. No Visitors
Baybridge - East-West bridge across the Bay. Open-fire zone between opposing toll-lords
The Berk - Wild zone between the Bay and the Wastes. The Uni and The Order have a cold-war for control
Soakland - Mostly flooded after the Big One. Home of the Coliseum and Last Chance Flotilla
Isla Angela - The first piece of the Sky fell here, turning a quiet farming community into a haunted island
Lycon Valley - Ruins at the end of South Fork where the hitech grows on trees. Is dangerous now
Splinters - South of the Heap, full of rads, 'bestos, and mutants

Welcome to the Gold Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay!

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Ok. try it now? Is it green? Ok, swap those two plugs, how’s that? Wait, what? We’re transmitting? Oh shi- hey “hey HEEEEY BAYSIDE! How are all you fine folks doin’ this morning? This is LCD broadcasting LOUD and PROUD across the entire Gold Bay, thanks to my new transmitter! Delivered and installed by my new Bestie in the Westie! I love ya Raven, smooches! Now before I grace you with some awesome wubs, I suppose I should do a bit of community programing eh?

Weather’s looking clear as a bell, for god-damned once. We got winds coming in from the East, so no fogs for the next few days. Of course, that means its blowing in that mauve poo poo from the Wastes, so glass half-full I guess. Had another bit of the Sky fall last night, is it just me or is that starting to happen more frequently? No word on where it landed, so be on the lookout for a new Fall-zone. Lure-lights, screaming shadows, you know the drill.

Onto traffic. The Gates are still closed to surface traffic on account of the ‘sound of the wind in the cables driving folks to suicide’ thing, and yup, I can see weapons-fire on the Baybridge already. Expect delays crossing the Bay, unless you catch a ferry.

Lastly, current events. Its been almost a month since anyone has seen the Order patrol outside of the Isle and Watchtowers. Except for Father Paul: he’s been walking the beat like a mofo. So kudos and a free cold one to him. As for the rest of the Order, a little birdie told me that they’re gearing up to take on the Fall-zone freakshow that’s swallowed up Isla Angela .

Oh, and a breaking public safety alert. Looks like Cool and her entire gang were found crucified on the Lycon Valley docks, so it seems whatever the gently caress is happening down there is getting worse. I know all that hitech is tempting, but remember: dead folks spend no jingle!

Whelp, that’s enough jawing for now. Gonna break in the new gear with a little something rumored to have been salvaged from Emperor Norton’s personal playlist.”
*poorly encoded music starts*

+++

Luka: You’ve been tracking your quarry for a few days now, and you’re getting close. Who are you hunting? Is it on someone’s behalf, or a bit of fun? Anywho, you’re sitting in front of a ruined office building, the only structure big enough to rabbit to in this burnzone. The Pack is snarling and snapping, they like this next part. You’re about to set them loose when you hear something over the wind and pack-noise: hitech weapons-fire.
What do you do?

Mr. Smith: Things are a bit odd this morning. Aside from the Wasterlies blowing bits of static into your brainmeat, I mean. Gozo sent a runner for you bright and early, inviting you to breakfast out on his private veranda overlooking the market. Eggs, bacon, juice (the real stuff, not that powdered poo poo), you know when you’re being buttered up. He’s sitting across from you, pensive look on his face, fidgeting. He’s got something to say, it just hasn’t come out yet.
What do you do?

Doctor: Hell of a busy night last night. Did you manage to save someone’s life? You’re about falling asleep at your desk when PA pokes his head in, all worried liked. Seems J-Blast has sat himself in your waiting room, asking to see you. He’s polite, but twitchy.
What do you do?

JJ Holy poo poo man! You wake up after a 2-day workshop bender (what were you working on by the way?) and your electronica collection is going abso-loving-lutely batshit. The tones and static are disturbing enough, but the lightshow makes it look like some rear end in a top hat has resurrected disco in your storage room.
What do you do?

Raven: You nailed that transmitter job, and your pockets are flush with jingle. And you know what that means: Shopping! Scrapper’s Market might not be as big as some of the the other places, but it is the go-to for salvage and techie bits. You looking for something in particular, or seeing what catches your eye? Anyways, you’ve got some shadows tailing you and they don’t look happy.
What do you do?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

quote:

NAME: Jay “Doc” Johnson aka “JJ” aka “Wombat” aka “Fix-It”

LOOK: Boy, tech wear, expressive face, dancing eyes, wiry body

STATS: Cool-1 Hard=0 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird+2

SAVVYHEAD MOVES:

Bonefeel: at the beginning of the session, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 1+1. On a 7–9, hold 1. At any time, either you or the MC can spend your hold to have you already be there, with the proper tools and knowledge, with or without any clear explanation why. If your hold was 1+1, take +1forward now. On a miss, the MC holds 1, and can spend it to have you already be there, but somehow pinned, caught or trapped.

Spooky intense: when you do something under fire, roll + weird instead of roll + cool

GEAR

Angel Kit with 2-stock capacity. "I got a book, says these are the tools I need to fix up people."
SMG. "Nobody doesn't have a gun. This is a great gun because it shots a lot of bullets. It's all about the bullet delivery time."
Fashion worth 1-armor.

quote:

Workshop – “The Hole”

Jay’s set up shop in this sweet underground storage spot. Building fell down, but the basement’s still there. Just gotta find the stairs in the rubble. He’s filled it with all the cool poo poo he could snatch.

A van – got it running, got it painted, still working on the speakers and some of the medical poo poo. It’s parked out back. Jay hosed with the starter so only he knows how to get it going, but that doesn’t stop some rear end in a top hat from striping the thing if they get the hankering. It’s parked out of sight from the street though. So either somebody would have to be real curious or know where to look.

Weird-rear end electronica – Just piles of glowing, beeping, spinning, whatever-ing stuff. Anything that caught Jay’s eye and he figured he could take without getting his hands chopped off

A controlled growing environment – Jay set it up a while ago. Might have been the reason he moved in, in the first place. Used to grow pot. Then he figured he could solve the food crises and grew tomatoes. Tired of tomatoes. Way too many tomatoes. Now he’s gonna be a doctor so he’s trying to get opium going. Could also sell it on the side.

He’s got power for his poo poo. Scrounged solar panels from SF hippies, set them up around the neighborhood and wired the place. Assholes keep cutting the wires though.

quote:

Priest the Gunlugger

My Order has fallen from Grace. They sit and they plan and they debate while Freaks walk the streets and Abominations battle each other for the scrapes of our city. I have called for another Crusade. Only I have answered. Fine. Good. I will Purge these unholy things until I have no more bullets or no more blood. I serve the Lord, not the Order. I will rejoin my Lord shortly, once a reckoning has been made.

Cool+1 Hard+3 Hot-2 Sharp+2 Weird-1

Fanatic: +1 Hard
Bloodcrazed: +1 Harm
HAND OF GOD: In battle, you count as a gang

Gear:
gently caress off big gun: Punisher MG (3-harm close/far area messy ap)
Serious guns: Purifier grenade tube (4-harm close area reload messy), ap ammo
Backup weapons: Protector 9mm (2-harm close loud ap)
(All guns are in a single giant cross he carries on his back)

Heavily reinforced Order Combat Robes (2 Armor)
Anyone can veto and I'll put up my second favorite.

JJ the Savvyhead
1/5 xp, 3-barter, Bonefeel 1+1
Hx: Emdey+1 Luka+0 Mr. Smith+0 Raven-2

I've been working non-stop to get ready for the harvest! Poppies are just pretty flowers if you can't refine that poo poo. With the right equipment and a few chems to cut it with I can make narcostabs to calm folks down for work. Chillstabs too, same ingredients just slower delivery.

Leading into the game I've been using my workshop and my grow lab to develop a way to refill angel kits for me and Doctor. Might just get a discount on the price, since I'm only producing some of the medicine and poo poo I need?

But then I got a lightshow going down in the shop! The flowers can wait a minute. If I don't get to the bottom of this poo poo they could contaminate the process or, like, I don't even know because I don't know what's going on! I start by grabbing the nearest buzzer and breaking open the back to stare at its guts.

That's a second use of the Workspace move

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 4, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
Harm 0/6 | Armor 2 | XP 1/5 | Barter-0

quote:

Luka: You’ve been tracking your quarry for a few days now, and you’re getting close. Who are you hunting? Is it on someone’s behalf, or a bit of fun?
Anywho, you’re sitting in front of a ruined office building, the only structure big enough to rabbit to in this burnzone. The Pack is snarling and snapping, they like this next part. You’re about to set them loose when you hear something over the wind and pack-noise: hitech weapons-fire.
What do you do?

I'm sitting in the blasted out shell of a fountain, kicking my legs up, and drinking the last of the beers I brought with me.
Who'm I hunting? Not who, what. Yeah, I was sent out here after Poco, a small time thief, he stole from the wrong guy, and then the wrong guy hired this guy. I glance over to where a few of my boys are taking turns carrying Poco's chewed-on head in their mouths. They're having a blast. Anyways, last night I saw that piece of sky come down, I think I might check that out before heading back "home".

I upend the bottle, draining the rest of my beer in one go when I hear it. rapid fire, a basso pulsing that is entirely distinct from the sound of normal bullets being fired. I feel an old ache in my arm, remembering the last time I heard weaponsfire like that, and who did the firing.

"Motherfuckers!"

I stand up, and suddenly my wolves freeze, looking to me for their next move, a dozen plus eyes full of murder. I snap my fingers for a wolf to bring me Poco's head, which gets stuffed into her saddlebag-harness, and she gets a pat on the head.

I debate for moment whether I should do this as the wolf, or the man. gently caress it, I might need my gun. I get into a running crouch, trying to be as quiet as I can as we make out way towards the sounds. I can hear my boots scrape softly on the concrete, but my pack is silent as death. I spread them out a bit, their dusty grey fur blending well with the dusty grey everything else. I find a good vantage and settle in to check the area.
Read A Sitch 6 +XP
Unfortunately I can't really see poo poo from here.
This is auspicious :v:

Luka Novak - Alpha of the Gold Bay Werewolf Pack
have a theme song

quote:

Name: Luka Novak
Playbook: Alpha Werewolf (Chopper)
XP: ( )( )( )( )( )
Harm: ( )( )( )( )( )( )
Armor:2
Look: Man, Regular clothes and leather jacket, Bearded face, Piercing eyes, Scarred body

Cool +1
Hard +3
Hot -1
Sharp +1
Weird +0

GEAR
Personal fashion - Street clothes and leathers (natural werewolf toughness = 2-armor)
2 no-nonsense weapons:

• "Artemis" (Assault Rifle) (4-harm, ap, close, silenced, autofire, 3-ammo/mag)

• loving poo poo up in wolf form (3-harm hand messy)
BARTER: 0

Hx
  • JJ -2
  • Raven +1
  • Smith -1
  • Doc +1

Advancement:
☑ get +1hard (max hard+3)
☐ get +1cool (max cool+2)
☐ get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
☐ get +1weird (max weird+2)
☐ get +1weird (max weird+2)
☑ choose a new option for your gang The Pack. your pack is nomadic at heart, and able to maintain and repair its own bikes itself survive without a home base. They get +mobile.
☐ get 2 gigs (detail) and moonlighting
☑ get a holding (detail) and wealth
☑ get a move from another playbook [Juggernaut (Regeneration)]
☑ get a move from another playbook [Indomitable (Berzerker)]

quote:

ALPHA WEREWOLF MOVES:
  • PACK ALPHA
    when you try to impose your will on your Pack, roll +hard.
    On a 10+, all 3.
    On a 7–9, choose 1:
    • they do what you want
    • they don’t fight back over it
    • you don’t have to make an example of one of them
    On a miss, someone in your gang makes a dedicated bid to replace you for alpha.
  • loving THIEVES
    when you have your Pack search their pockets and saddlebags for something, roll +hard. It has to be something small enough to fit.
    On a 10+, one of you happens to have just the thing, or close enough.
    On a 7–9, one of you happens to have something pretty close, unless what you’re looking for is hi-tech, in which case no dice.
    On a miss, one of you used to have just the thing, but it turns out that some asswipe stole it from you.
  • Juggernaut WICKED FAST WEREWOLF REGENERATION
    take -2 on all “when you suffer harm” rolls.
  • Indomitable BERZERKER
    when you go into battle, roll+hard.
    On a 10+, hold 3.
    On a 7–9, hold 2.
    On a 6-, hold 1, but take -1forward.
    During the battle you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
    • Name an npc within your reach. You kill, disable or disarm them (MC’s choice).
    • Name a character within your reach. You redirect their attack to another character within your reach, or else to nowhere — into the ground or a wall or the sky.
    • Name a character on the scene, but outside your reach. You cross the distance between you before they have time to adjust or react.
    • Name a character within your reach. While you keep fighting, you intercept any attack directed at them and they suffer no harm.
    • Ignore all harm to yourself from a single incoming attack.
  • ALPHA SPECIAL
    If you and another character have sex, they immediately change their sheet to say Hx+3 with you. They also choose whether to give you -1 or +1 to your Hx with them, on your sheet.
  • WEREWOLF FORM

power +1 | looks +1 | 2-armor | huge | aggressive | muscular | roaring | sloppy
    Strengths (choose 1 or 2): huge, aggressive
    Looks (choose 1 or 2): muscular, roaring
    Weakness (choose 1): sloppy
  • THE (WOLF) PACK
    Pack Harm: 0:00
    4-harm | mobile | gang | medium | savage | 2-armor | Vulnerable: mindless rampage

By default, your Pack consists of about 15 vicious 3 meter tall monsters, some with scavenged and makeshift weapons or armor, most with nothing but fur, fangs, and claws and all have no loving discipline at all.
    Then, choose 2:
    your Pack’s well-armed. +1harm.
    your Pack’s well-armored. +1armor.
    your Pack’s nomadic. +mobile
    And choose 1:
    Your Pack disdains law, peace, reason and society. Vulnerable: mindless rampage.
  • WEALTH
    If your hold is secure and your rule unchallenged, at the beginning of the session, roll+hard.
    On a 10+, you have surplus at hand and available for the needs of the session.
    On a 7–9, you have surplus, but choose 1 want.
    On a miss, or if your hold is compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want.
    The precise values of your surplus and want depend on your holding, as follows.
  • HOLDING: PWRGAS COMPOUND
    (4-harm gang medium savage mobile 1(+2)armor)
    population: 75-150
    wants:
      disease
      savagery
      idle
      reprisals
      hungry
    gigs:
      raiding (1 barter/reprisals)
      manufactory (1 barter/ idle)
      hunting-gathering (1 barter/hungry)

quote:

BASIC MOVES:
ACT UNDER FIRE
When you do something under fire, or dig in to endure fire, roll+cool.
On a 10+, you do it.
On a 7–9, you flinch, hesitate, or stall: the MC can offer you a worse outcome, a hard bargain, or an ugly choice.
GO AGGRO
When you go aggro on someone, roll+hard.
On a 10+, they have to choose: force your hand and suck it up, or cave and do what you want.
On a 7–9, they can instead choose 1:
  • get the hell out of your way
  • barricade themselves securely in
  • give you something they think you want
  • back off calmly, hands where you can see
  • tell you what you want to know (or what you want to hear)
SEIZE BY FORCE
When you try to seize something by force, or to secure your hold on something, roll+hard. On a hit, choose options.
On a 10+, choose 3.
On a 7–9, choose 2:
  • you take definite hold of it
  • you suffer little harm
  • you inflict terrible harm
  • you impress, dismay or frighten your enemy
SEDUCE OR MANIPULATE
When you try to seduce or manipulate someone, tell them what you want and roll+hot. For NPCs: on a hit, they ask you to promise something first, and do it if you promise.
On a 10+, whether you keep your promise is up to you, later.
On a 7–9, they need some concrete assurance right now.
For PCs: on a 10+, both. On a 7–9, choose 1:
  • if they do it, they mark experience
  • if they refuse, it’s acting under fire
What they do then is up to them.
READ A SITCH
When you read a charged situation, roll+sharp. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. Whenever you act on one of the MC’s answers, take +1.
On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7–9, ask 1:
  • where’s my best escape route / way in / way past?
  • which enemy is most vulnerable to me?
  • which enemy is the biggest threat?
  • what should I be on the lookout for?
  • what’s my enemy’s true position?
  • who’s in control here?
READ A PERSON
When you read a person in a charged interaction, roll+sharp.
On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1.
While you’re interacting with them, spend your hold to ask their player questions, 1 for 1:
  • is your character telling the truth?
  • what’s your character really feeling?
  • what does your character intend to do?
  • what does your character wish I’d do?
  • how could I get your character to __?
OPEN YOUR BRAIN
When you open your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a hit, the MC will tell you something new and interesting about the current situation, and might ask you a question or two; answer them.
On a 10+, the MC will give you good detail.
On a 7–9, the MC will give you an impression. If you already know all there is to know, the MC will tell you that.
HELP OR INTERFERE
When you help or interfere with someone who’s making a roll, roll+Hx.
On a hit, they take +1 (help) or -2 (interfere) now.
On a 7–9, you also expose yourself to fire, danger, retribution or cost.
SESSION END
At the end of every session, choose a character who knows you better than they used to. If there’s more than one, choose one at your whim. Tell that player to add +1 to their Hx with you on their sheet. If this brings them to Hx+4, they reset to Hx+1 (and therefore mark experience).

HARM & HEALING MOVES
By default, the harm & healing moves are in play. The MC might decide to forego them, case by case.
This move is unusual in that a hit is bad for the player and a miss is good:
When you suffer harm, roll+harm suffered (after armor, if you’re wearing any).
On a 10+, the MC can choose 1:
  • You’re out of action: unconscious, trapped, incoherent or panicked.
  • It’s worse than it seemed. Take an additional 1-harm.
  • Choose 2 from the 7–9 list below.
On a 7–9, the MC can choose 1:
  • You lose your footing.
  • You lose your grip on whatever you’re holding.
  • You lose track of someone or something you’re attending to.
  • You miss noticing something important.

On a miss, the MC can nevertheless choose something from the 7–9 list above. If she does, though, it’s instead of some of the harm you’re suffering, so you take -1harm.

When you inflict harm on another player’s character, the other character gets +1Hx with you (on their sheet) for every segment of harm you inflict. If this brings them to Hx+4, they reset to Hx+1 as usual, and therefore mark experience.

When you heal another player’s character’s harm, you get +1Hx with them (on your sheet) for every segment of harm you heal. If this brings you to Hx+4, you reset to Hx+1 as usual, and therefore mark experience.
When you hurt someone, they see you more clearly. When you heal someone, you see them more clearly.

BARTER MOVES
When you give 1-barter to someone, but with strings attached, it counts as manipulating them and hitting the roll with a 10+, no roll required.

When you go into a holding’s bustling market, looking for some particular thing to buy, and it’s not obvious whether you should be able to just go buy one like that, roll+sharp.
On a 10+, yes, you can just go buy it like that.
On a 7–9, the MC chooses one of the following:
  • it costs 1-barter more than you’d expect
  • it’s available, but only if you meet with a guy who knows a guy
  • drat, I had one, I just sold it to this guy named Rolfball, maybe you can go get it off him?
  • sorry, I don’t have that, but maybe this will do instead?

When you make known that you want a thing and drop jingle to speed it on its way, roll+barter spent (max roll+3). It has to be a thing you could legitimately get this way.
On a 10+ it comes to you, no strings attached.
On a 7–9 it comes to you, or something pretty close.
On a miss, it comes to you, but with strings very much attached.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 16, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Raven the Operator

Raven saunters through the market. Not like she owns the place, but like she could if she wanted to. Her crew follows along in her wake. Nau Shan Shan with the quiet economy of a predatory cat, leading a distracted Merlin, who's flipping through a small notebook muttering to himself. Crow at her other shoulder, slouching along as usual.

She's window shopping for the moment, never mind the lack of windows. Nothing critical on their shopping list for today. Well, nothing that can be bought. Raven's crew is competent and tough, but small. That works, but she'd prefer a few more hands. Kestrel and Dove had stayed back East with the Gardeners, what with the baby. She'd lost Khan, Mouse, and Pale-as-Winter under that mountain in Colorado, and after that mess Big Ava had made it clear she never wanted to see Raven darken her doorstep again. Neon City had done for Goose. The Wellmark Twins she'd hoped to meet up with somewhere out here in the West, since they'd split up over the winter, but no word of them yet. And Sparrow had disappeared into thin air a year ago now, without a word or sign.

It was time to get some new blood, so her eyes are less for the scrap and trinkets out on the tables around her, than the men and women crowding around them. So she picks up their shadows shortly after they turn up.

Crow leans in after a bit, voice low and worried. "We've attracted some vultures."

Raven waves a hand dismissively. "None of us are about to drop dead. They can trail along like little lost puppies if they want." She makes no effort to keep her voice quiet, or to pretend she hasn't seen the people following them. "If they want a word, they're welcome to come and have it."

She eyes the nearest one of them, then continues on her way, looking for some place to get some good grub. Despite her nonchalant attitude, she isn't ignoring the threat.

Rolling for Read a Sitch, getting +1xp.
Read a Sitch: 2d6 8

So I'll ask:
• which enemy is the biggest threat?

Also got art for all the NPCs mentioned in my crew and contacts. Also switched the Bloodhound's art because I found some I liked better.

Character Sheet posted:

Stats: Cool+2, Hard+1, Hot+1, Sharp+1, Weird-1
Looks: Woman, signature wear, honest face, sharp eyes, energetic body
Moves: Moonlighting, Reputation
Gear: Buttercup (3-harm close reload loud), silenced pistol (2-harm close reload), hunting rifle (2-harm far loud), those stylish Wastewalker threads (1-armor), mortar (4-harm far area reload messy), Janey Three-Finger’s Special (4-harm loud messy area, 20 minute timer), walkie-talkie, loudener, radio set, very nice rectangle

Moves:
Ice cold: when you go aggro on an NPC, roll+cool instead of roll+hard. When you go aggro on another player’s character, roll+Hx instead of roll+hard
Moonlighting: you get 2-juggling. Whenever there’s a stretch of downtime in play, or between sessions, choose a number of your gigs to work. Choose no more than your juggling. Roll+cool. On a 10+, you get profit from all the gigs you chose. On a 7–9, you get profit from at least 1; if you chose more, you get catastrophe from 1 and profit from the rest. On a miss, catastrophe all around. The gigs you aren’t working give you neither profit nor catastrophe. Whenever you get a new gig, you also get +1juggling.
Reputation: when you meet someone important (your call), roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the MC will have them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take +1forward for dealing with them as well. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, but the MC will decide what they’ve heard.
Towering presence: When you give someone an order or a warning, roll+hard. On a hit, they choose:
• They do it, following your order or heeding your warning.
• They freeze.
• They back away, hands where you can see them.
• They attack you.
On a 10+, take +1forward against them as well. On a miss, they do what they like and you take -1forward against them.

Gigs: 4-juggling
Paying:
Deliveries (1-barter / bushwacked)
Enforcement (1-barter / overthrown)
Scavenging (1-barter / impoverished)
Technical work (2-barter / shut out)
Obligation:
Avoiding the Bloodhound (you keep well clear / they catch you in a bad spot)
Keeping Twirl happy (you keep them happy / you loving blow it)

Advancement:
☐ get +1cool (max cool+3)
☐ get +1hard (max hard+2)
☑ get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
☐ get a new operator move
☐ get a new operator move
add a gig and you may change your crew
☐ add a gig and you may change your crew
☐ abandon or resolve an obligation gig for good
get a move from another playbook [Battlebabe: Ice Cold]
get a move from another playbook [Touchstone: Towering Presence]

Hx:
Emdey+1
JJ+2
Luka+2
Mr. Smith+1

Crew posted:

Current Crew:
Crow - Right hand man, level headed, the Sancho to Raven's Don Quixote. Bit cynical and world weary. Raven's brother.
Nau Shan Shan - Former Portlander who owes Raven her life. Sneaky as hell, good with a bow, expert tracker, doesn't talk much.
Merlin Babbage - Techie from Mainframe, easy going guy who keeps the group and their gear working.
The Wellmark Twins - Sam and Alex. Sam is a girl who loves guns, and Alex is a boy who loves bikes (preferably motorized).
Twirl - Newest recruit, Bay local with a crush on Raven.
Luka - The wolfman. His pack runs with Raven's crew now.

Contacts:
Remy La Fleur - The Marquis of the Wastes, the richest man alive. Owner of the Last Comely House. Possibly has feelings for Raven, but also ill-will since she stole the last cherry tree from him.
LCD - Runs KPAX, the Bay's best and only radio station. Raven got her a new transmitter.
Crush - The Local's top enforcer. A giant of a woman.
The Proprietor - Runs Cliff House, an ancient luxe restaurant. Raven stole the Potomac for her.
Deep Six - Another operator in the Bay, specializes in maritime/underwater jobs.
Gozo - Runs Scrapper's Market and more. A power in the Bay.
Emdey - The Bay's premier sawbones. Raven found Before Times meds for her.
Keela - Last Chancer pirate, captain of the Azula's Flame.

Enemies:
The Bloodhound - Tenacious bounty hunter.
Church of the Holy Generator/PwrGas! - Bunch of religious weirdo assholes.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 2, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith. The Brainer.

pre:
Stats: Cool+2 Hard-1 Hot-1 Sharp=0 Weird+3
Looks: Man, office wear,  smooth face, soft eyes, slight body.
Moves:
Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without 
 going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your
 victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).
Casual brain receptivity: when you read someone, roll+weird instead of roll+sharp. Your victim 
 has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact.
NOT TO BE hosed WITH: When in battle, you count as a small gang (3-harm gang small), with armor 
 according to the circumstances.
Preternatural at-will brain attunement: you get +1 Weird
Merciless: When you inflict harm, inflict +1 harm
Gear:
silenced 9mm (2-harm close hi-tech)
oddly patched tweed jacket (1-armor)
pain-wave projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech) Goes off like a reusable grenade. Hits everyone but you.
brain relay (area close hi-tech) For purposes of brainer moves, if someone can see your brain relay, they can see you.
oddments worth 5-barter
antagonistic brain-wave demodulator (1-armor brain)
Hx: Luka +3 Wombat +3 Raven +2 Doctor +2

Advancements: [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ]
Bio: The Great Gold Bay. It's home, isn't it? Home is where the heart is, or so they say. Hearts are overrated, I say. Sure, it keeps you alive, but just living is boring. It's all about what's going on upstairs. That's what really makes me me, and you you. Everyone's got their secrets, their goals, their dreams. I've got mine, too. But what you don't know doesn't hurt you. What I don't know, though? That hurts you. Because I aim to find out.

Gozo. I like this guy. Runs a small market. Thing is, he doesn't fear me. A lot of people do, right off the bat, even if they don't know why. Makes him easy to talk to. We try not to antagonize each other too much, and I can usually get some pretty good deals from him. Likewise, people don't tend to gently caress around in Gozo's market. Much.

Lightning Jack. I don't like this guy. Runs a small gang. He's got no morals. None. Wiped out Lady Torsa's hospital for jingle. A big pile of jingle, but still. Hospital. He comes around every so often, offering jingle to join up with him. So far, he's taken no for an answer. One of these days he's going to take a different tack.

Campfire. Does someone mind telling me what the gently caress these are?

And what they're doing in everyone around here's dreams?

=============================================================================================

"Gozo, I must commend Sned's performance, very professional." One of Gozo's gophers... wait, I like that. Gozo's Gophers. Poetic, or something. "You and I can agree on professionality. It really makes everything easier." He runs the market. He knows this. "Better to have standards of behavior and calm discussion of prices and availability than gross thuggery." Sip of juice. Ah, but it's good. I know I'm being courted, here, but I can return the favor. "Scrapper's Market has been running very smoothly lately, Gozo. Much unlike, well," and I point out the Baybridge. You can see it from here, on a nice day. Most days are nice here, at least in weather terms. Smoky, must be a bad day over there. Most days are bad over there, at least since Boss Keeler fell. But that's another story. "Your food is excellent, Gozo." Maybe I'm looking at him. Maybe I'm looking at my plate. Maybe I'm looking at his plate. Sunglasses are a weapon as much as anything else. "And we have an excellent professional relationship. We're both familiar with the concept of a business breakfast." It's usually lunch, really, but Gozo's got a lock on breakfast food, so that's how he does business. At least, as far as I hear. Wipe my face. "What's going on?" I'm obligated to at least listen to the man, right? He doesn't want to speak, but he knows not to waste my time, either. So I'll press him. "You look nervous, I don't need to, ah," tap my temple, "see that. Scrapper's Market is going strong, I don't think that's where the problem lies." Psychology. "Women? Woman? Man?" More likely. Look for a flash of something. I'm feeling that itch to know...but it's so much more pleasant when people just tell me what they're thinking.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 1, 2015

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor Emdey, The Angel
(PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE lovely FALLOUT SCREENSHOT I MESSED WITH IN ILLUSTRATOR)

Character Sheet posted:

Look:
Woman, scrounge wear plus utility, pretty face, hard eyes, compact body

Stats:
Cool+1, Hard+1, Hot=0, Sharp+2, Weird-1

Angel Moves:
Infirmary: you get an infirmary, a workspace with life support, a drug lab, and a crew of 2 (R.N. and P.A.). Get patients into it and you can work on them like a savvyhead on tech.

Professional compassion: you can choose to roll+sharp instead of roll+Hx when you help someone who's rolling.

Sixth sense: when you open your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+sharp instead of roll+weird.

Perfect instincts: when you've read a charged situation and you're acting on the MC's answers, take +2 instead of +1.

Hx:
JJ-1
Luka+1
Mr. Smith-2
Raven+1

Gear:
angel kit (this one's a doozy)
Your angel kit has all kinds of crap in it: scissors, rags, tape, needles, clamps, gloves, chill coils, wipes, alcohol, injectable tourniquets & bloodslower, instant blood packets (coffee reddener), tubes of meatmesh, bonepins & site injectors, biostabs, chemostabs, narcostabs (chillstabs) in quantity, and a roll of heart jumpshock patches for when it comes to that. It’s big enough to fill the trunk of a car. When you use it, spend its stock; you can spend 0–3 of its stock per use. You can resupply it for 1-barter per 2-stock, if your circumstances let you barter for medical supplies.
It begins play holding 6-stock.
To use it to stabilize and heal someone at 9:00 or past: roll+stock spent. On a hit, they will stabilize and heal to 6:00, but the MC will choose 1 (on a 10+) or 2 (on a 7–9):
• they need to be physically stabilized before you can move them.
• even narcostabbed, they fight you; you’re acting under fire.
• they’ll be in and out of consciousness for 24 hours.
• stabilizing them eats up your stock; spend 1-stock more.
• they’ll be bedridden, out of action, for at least a week.
• they’ll need constant monitoring and care for 36 hours.
On a miss, they take 1-harm instead.
To use it to speed the recovery of someone at 3:00 or 6:00: don’t roll. ey choose: spend 4 days (3:00) or 1 week (6:00) blissed out on chillstabs, immobile but happy, or do their time like everyone else.
To use it to revive someone who’s died (at 12:00, not beyond): roll+stock spent. On a 10+, they recover to 10:00. On a 7–9, they recover to 11:00. On a miss, you’ve done everything you can for them, and they’re still dead.

stun gun(s-harm hand reload)

oddments worth 1-barter

fashion suitable to your look: white(but quite stained/dirty) dress pants with a stark black belt, athletic t-shirt under a thin and mangy old sweater, PRISTINE white lab coat with "Doctor MD" lovingly hand-stitched into the breast pocket and modified to have several extra pockets sewn on the inside, comfortable sneakers with mismatched white athletic socks, large utility belt with a variety of scavenged pouches.

I'm reminded of last night semi-constantly as per usual, even when I lay my head down on my arm all I can focus on is the heel of my hand. There's something there, must've wriggled it's way under the glove in the heat of the moment, and upon closer inspection it's some bit of viscera. Looks like a blood clot actually. This guy, didn't even get his name, was clotting like crazy but they were either falling out of his wounds or traveling up his bloodstream. That's what killed him, one made it's way up to his brain. So yeah, I saved a few lives last night but lost one.

When PA speaks I'm immediately sitting up and doing my best to put a smile on, but it gets wiped away at the thought of J-Blast. I give PA a nod and a pat on the shoulder as I walk by towards the waiting room. When his painted face comes into view I cross my arms and let out the accumulated stress of the night in a long sigh.

"Listen...sir," I try my best to never say that stupid nickname, "I told you before: Our narcostabs are a carefully blended cocktail of chemicals with many drug interactions, we can't just 'skim off some of the good parts' for you. Or even sell them to you at all, we need all that we have. Or was it something else?" she lilts that last bit in the hopes that he has something less irritating to bring up. All the while she's talking she's giving him the once or twice over. With guys like this you can never be too careful, they've always got an angle.

Trying to Read a Person on J-Blast for our upcoming conversation. Marking XP for Sharp.
Read a Person: 2d6+2 5
Welp.

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 22, 2015

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
JJ
Right, the harvest. You've done the grunt work of milking the poppies, so a few days setting up some analytical equipment or a few hours in Doctor's drug lab should be enough to finish the first batch.
(This project will allow you to get 3-stock for 1-barter while the poppies last)

As for the current issue, you've already got access to the electronica you need, so should just be a matter of a few hours to diagnose the issue.
What do you do?

Luka
Yeah, your hidden vantage is smack-dab behind the only remaining billboard in the area, bad luck. Worse luck, you hear a high-pitched buzzing approaching just before a small hunk of metal and plastic pops up over a wall:

It circles you, beeping and booping. The lights on the front turn from green to red, and you hear the whine of something charging up.
What do you do?

Raven
Biggest threat? That would be the mountain of a woman heading your way. Crush, you think she's called. One of those fine folks that can go from 'lulz' to 'MDK' at the drop of a hat. You’ve heard tell that she once threw a mark into the Bay. While he was still in his car. Wrapped in chains and leather, she sounds like a foundry as she stops a respectful distance away and nods a greeting.

" 'Sup little lady. Looks like I'm supposed to have a chat with with you about bizness practices. You cool with that?” Unlike the rest of the shadows, Crush’s face is impassive, maybe a bit bored.
What do you do?

Mr. Smith
Gozo’s wrinkled face curls into a bitter smile. “That’s why I like you Smith, bullshit and focus in equal measure. Its nice to have someone who’s not afraid to poke me a bit.” His smile fades and he shakes his head.

“Got a hosed-up situation here Smith, I could use your… skills. I keep a boy around here, Mousse. Good kid, not that bright. Does heavy lifting and such. Anyways, last night, he gets into something he wasn’t supposed to, some *ahem* confidential stock. Could have been an accident, like I said, not too smart. I send some boys around to make sure of that, and they find him bleeding under the Deadman’s Overpass. His tongue was loving ate out of his skull.”

He stops for a bit before continuing. “Now, we got him stabilized, and I know he’s not going to talk to anyone now. But I need to know if he mentioned the… stock to anyone before whatever the gently caress happened. Which is where I hope you come in.”
What do you do?

Doctor
In hindsight, mentioning drugs was probably a Bad Idea. J-Blast’s twitches get worse, and with a pained scream he flip-throws that heavy-rear end magazine table across the room. You go on your rear end, and PA curses as it pins him to the now-shut door into the back. The handful of other patients in the waiting room decide that they weren’t that sick after all.

As you clear the stars out, you see J-Blast standing over you… crying?

*sniff* “You’ve gotta help me Mrs. Emdey. I don’t want to do what they say, but they put something iiin meee. It makes me soooo hungry, and the drugs only make It stronger. Help me, you’re loooking soooo taaaasteyyy.”
What do you do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
Harm 0/6 | Armor 2 | XP 2/5 | Barter-0

That little green light goes red and, "Aw, gently caress me sideways..."

With one hand I give the signal for the "kids" to spread out, hide, or run. it's a loud click of my tongue to get their attention while I spin my hand in a circle around my head, two fingers extended. (one finger means surround the target, three means GTFO ASAP). With my other hand, I raise my battered but trusty smg, I'm thankful being a wolf means being strong, otherwise this drat gun'd take two hands.
Go Aggro 12 +XP
2 harm, close area loud. (basically an old MP5 style machine pistol.)
They can suck it up, or do what I want. But what I want is to knockout that thing quickly and capture it to show Raven.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 15, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven the Operator
Harm 0/6 | Armor 1 | XP 2/5 | 4-barter

Raven hooks her thumbs into her belt and looks Crush up and down. Behind her, Crow takes a step to the side, hand on his carbine. Nau shakes Merlin to attention, then turn to the side, so she can watch their backs, while the big techie steps up behind Raven, unable to completely

"I've been called a lot of things, but little is not one I've heard recently." Raven tilts her head, and shrugs. "I'm cool with having a chat somewhere public. Know anywhere a girl can get a good meal?"

Reading this giant lady. Holding 1 more.
Read a Person: 2d6 11

• what does your character intend to do?
• what does your character wish I’ d do?

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 14, 2015

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
1/5 xp, 3-barter, Bonefeel 1+1

I got the stuff, I got the will! I whip out my zapper, my screwdriver, my flashlight, and my posetronic analyzer. Let's get to work! I was planning to share the chill with the Doctor anyway, so I'll bring it over later. But it can wait... There's beeping. So much beeping.

I'll invest the hours into figuring out what's going on if I'm not interrupted. With Bonefeel still going a bit of time dislocation isn't a huge deal. I can be there when I need to be there.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

That stock could have been anything. I'll probably find out at some point soon, though certainly not through Gozo himself. Friendship only goes so far, you know? "Mousse, Mousse, yeah, think I've met him before. Didn't talk much then." Do I know anyone that eats tongues like that? "I don't know anyone, any gang that eats tongues like that. Not really a Luka move, and most cannibals would have just eaten the kid." Let's start with the obvious. "I assume you've already tried to talk to him. He can still nod and shake his head, right? So assuming you're actually going to need me to do my thing, whatever that is," scoop up some egg with the toast - sorry - English muffin. Gozo can get real fancy some times. I like it. Delicious. "How about you get Armando and his tanker boys to top off my trailer's propane?" Got a nice little joint around the more residential area of Scrapper's. Been convenient, most people don't need me, but if they do they can find me, and I'm not too far from Gozo. Gozo keeps me busy, most of the time, with one thing or another. "And, " I continue, looking down at my shirtsleeves, "I could use another jacket. Tweed's getting a little worn out." Gozo usually keeps me busy, but he doesn't usually serve fancy breakfast. So either this is more hosed-up than it seems, or Gozo's feeling generous. I wouldn't bet on the latter.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor

Before I can even think about it my hand already is going towards the holster on my belt with my trusty stun-gun in it, I bring the other hand up in a most likely vain attempt to get him to hold on a second. "Alright J-Blast, you know I'll help you. You know it." I unclasp the holster and gingerly wriggle my fingers down to grasp the stun-gun. "But if you keep acting this way I'll put you on your rear end, you know I'll do it. You know it." Hopefully I can stand up and get my bearings so I can actually back up the threat with electric violence, but if J-Blast is desperate enough hopefully he'll just back down like he knows he should.

Going aggro on his rear end, marking XP again.
Go Aggro: 2d6+1 8
On a 10+, they have to choose: force your hand and suck it up, or cave and do what you want. On a 7–9, they can instead choose 1:
• get the hell out of your way
• barricade themselves securely in
• give you something they think you want
• back off calmly, hands where you can see
• tell you what you want to know (or what you want to hear)

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka:
The hitech Whats-It doesn’t react to you brandishing the SMG, so you gun it down before it can do much more than click at you. Its surprisingly durable, the bullet spray broke a few rotor blades but the main body is intact.

The sound of weapons-fire dies down on the other side of the billboard. You hear what sounds like radio squawks and bits of amplified voices.
*bzzzz* “Tango-Two-Niner calling Tango-Actual, Ell-zee is cleared. *bzzz* *garble-static*
What do you do?

Raven:
Crush is here to deliver an ultimatum
Crush wishes you would amuse her

Crush returns your eyeballing in kind, and smiles briefly when you stand your ground.

“Yeah, I know a place. C’mon little lady, this’a way.”

‘A place’ turns out to be a literal hole in the wall with RAZZIE”S painted above it. Despite the pungent smell of hot grease, the place seems busy. Crush clears a table by upending its current occupants onto the floor.

“Hey Raz, five Specials! And make them snappy!” Crush’s chair protests as she settles down in it. She waves you towards the other chairs, and smiles when five plates heaped with bacon, eggs, and pancakes are set down by a filthy wait-girl with Tummi on her shirt.

“So pretty bird, a drat fine meal and conversation. How civilized. She pauses briefly to swallow a whole pancake. “And on the subject of civilization, you of all folks should know that no matter which one you’re in, they always have rules. Rules and conventions. Even the Goldy Bay, there are rules and conventions. And while your little arrangement with LCD isn’t necessarily against the rules, it does leave a bad taste in certain parties’ mouths.” She points at you with her fork.

“So here’s the deal. You finally sign on with The Local and pay your dues, and you continue to enjoy access to the good jobs and core sites. Or you head out into the hinterlands and work the poo poo-jobs with the rest of the loving scabs.” Crush raises an eyebrow at you while she downs a mug of coffee.
What do you do?

JJ
Hot drat! And that’s literal, having all this electronica running at the same time heats things up something fierce. The chiller is keeping the grow-op stable, but you end up stripped to your skivvies. But it was worth it, you’ve got the Knowing!

Some big momma-jomma RF signal is blanketing at least your bit of the Heap, and its powerful enough to induce a current in your electronica. You don’t have an antenna per se, but your huge-rear end collection has about a mile of wire coiled in it which seemed to have done the trick. Running some grounding cables is enough to keep your poo poo from freaking out. You can’t seem to get a lock on the origin, maybe if you got a reading a fair distance from the workshop?
What do you do?

Mr. Smith
Gozo doesn’t even blink when you name your price. A handshake is had and he has his big gun Spiral take you down to Mousse’s room. On the way you pass Raven and crew in RAZZIE””S. Oddly enough it looks like they’re eating with Crush, The Local’s chief legbreaker.

Scrapper’s Market takes up most of what was once one huge, low building, with storage and residences in the smaller back areas. You find Mousse in one of these back rooms, about as far from the market bustle as you can get. Mousse himself is groggy (probably from chillstabs) and handcuffed to the bed. He tries to focus on you, but the bandages around his head and neck make it difficult. The guard in the room (Ventura was his name?) makes a sign to ward off the evil eye as you walk in. Spiral scoffs and smile at you.

“Here you go Mr. Smith, you need anything? We got his tongue cauterized, but the Boss didn’t want us to go to Emdey so you can see its a bit of a hackjob. I gots a stimm here if you need him wide awake, but be warn: he gets pretty loving agitated. See those bandages? They’re cause he tried to gouge out his eyes when he first came to.”
What do you do?

Doctor
J-Blast lets out a high-pitched squeal at the sight of the stunner and scurries back, hands held out. Hands that you note seem to have some nasty burns on them. He eyes you from the other side of the room and start mumbling to himself.
“Yes, Doctor can help. Be nice to her. Not like others with no skillz. She can help, we can’t taste her. Observe. Report. observereportobservereport.”

You’ve given PA and RN enough time to wrestle past the blocked door, they’re looking at you for directions.
What do you do?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

Knew I should have asked for more. That's the way it goes, though. Let's see - Raven's engaging the Local. That's good to know. First of all, good to know Raven is around here. Don't have much use for her or her crew at the moment, but it's always good to know capable folks are around. On that note, Crush. Which do I think is more likely - Crush trying to strongarm Raven, or Raven contracting Crush. Prediction time: Crush is trying to get some of the competition out of the way and it's going to end badly.

Let's be honest, predicting things are going to end badly isn't a real aggressive move. Either way, I should check up on that soon, better know what's going down before it takes the Heap by surprise. But here we are. "Mousse. There you are." Spiral doesn't really give a poo poo, Ventura - I think - is a little more worried. I don't think either of them have actually seen this before, though. "Easy, easy." Mousse is definitely tense. "I'll take the stimm," but I don't want to use it. Options are better than no options. Back to Ventura. "Good work. It's not a pleasant business, dealing with this sort of thing. And especially not with the eyeball jank. I want you to stay close by, in case we need to hold him down again. Spiral, do you mind watching the door? I think we'd all rather deal with fewer people right now."

So the stage is set, time to approach the mind. He can see me now, even through his haze. "Mousse, I need to ask you a couple of questions." Start sliding in, hooks around cortex. Nobody can see anything. "If you answer these questions, I won't hurt you." I'm not lying. I don't know what Gozo will do with the answers either way, but I'm not going to hurt him...if he answers. >>Mousse. It's me, just the same.<< Not like these guys need to know exactly what I'm telling or what I'm learning, though they probably already have a good sense of it, honestly. >>Mousse, I've been told that you found yourself in the middle of some items you shouldn't have been. I know, I know. It's okay. Honestly, Mousse, I don't care what you found. I just want to know if you told anyone about it, and if you did, who.<< Good cop. >>But you can't lie to me, and I know if you do. I don't want to hurt you, Mousse. Please, just answer my questions. Or...<< And yeah, there's the tightening, the yanking of the mental hooks. Slowly, softly. But I'm there, and he knows it.

Go Aggro on Mousse's brain: 2d6+2 8

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Mr. Smith
You give Mousse that push to know you mean bizness, and he flees from it behind a huge gently caress-off wall of multiplication tables and doggerel. The memory areas are still open to you, but you know that looking for specific memories without the occupant’s ‘assistance’ is a long and tiring process.
What do you do?

(Mousse chooses to barricade themselves securely in)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

Any good predator knows, you don't gently caress around if you've been made. I snatch up the...thing...and start making my way back from the billboard. I hope the sound of my gun wasn't heard over the sound of theirs. I signal a general retreat to my wolves, falling back to the nearest building for shelter, and so I can strap this thing to a wolf for the run back to the Heap. That piece of sky can wait.
I'm not literally under fire yet, so I figure I'm not acting under fire, but I can do a roll if you'd like.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 15, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven the Operator
Harm 0/6 | Armor 1 | XP 2/5 | 4-barter

Raven sits down across from Crush, pulling down her mask and picking up a cup of coffee. Crow slides into a chair next to her, glowering at Crush until Raven elbows him, at which point he glances at her, sighs, and starts digging into his eggs. Merlin perches on his chair, trying not to get in anyone's way, and proceeds to smother his pancakes in syrup. Nau Shan Shan turns her chair around before sitting down, and looks around at the other crew members, who all promptly pick up their plates and slide the dubious looking sausages onto her dish.

Raven sips her coffee, making a show of considering Crush's words. "Well, far be it from me to cause any upset." For some reason Crow inhales some of his breakfast, prompting Merlin to pound on his back until the wiry man regains his composure. Raven ignores the background, her eyes on Crush.

"Seems a bit odd to me though, if the Local has all the primo jobs on lock, that so many have been beating a path to my door and insisting on me taking their jingle." She sips her coffee again. "Seems a bit odd the leadership haven't taken notice before now. Well, I'm sure they have a lot on their minds. Got to make sure all the mouths are fed and all the hands have work."

Raven leans her chair back onto two legs. "Sure, I'll sign up with your Local. Sounds like they might need some new blood to me."

Spending my last hold:
• how could I get Crush to work for me?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

SIgh. "Ventura, get ready. If you've got any cord around here, you might want to get it ready. It's going to be a little messier than need be." Let him get ready. "Last chance, Mousse." Nothing. Ventura does his thing. >>Two times two equals five, if I say so, Mousse. It equals three, if I say so too. Maybe it equals six. Or just maybe it is all<< >>of<< >>these<< >>at<< >>the<< >>same<< >>time.<< Unwind his mental defenses. Slowly, painfully. I'm sure he shudders. I'm not really noticing but it's mostly because I don't care. >>You could have made this easy.<< Now, he'll stew in his further mistakes. Not my preferred way of doing things, but hey. I'm about to find out what he knew, always pleasing. >>It's like a twisted knot, your mind. Some strands of rope you can pull free. Some you have to sand down with coarse-grit paper until the strands fall away.<< Whoops. "Don't worry about that, Ventura." Mousse is bleeding from the ears. "He'll be fine. Worse for the wear for sure, but he'll survive. Maybe." >>Now, Mousse, two times two is four. Who'd you tell? We can skip the if, we wouldn't be here if you were quiet about things in the first place. Who'd you tell about Gozo's secret stash?<<

Inflicting Harm and getting my answers.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 15, 2015

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka
(You're fine, Luka wasn't made by the shooters)

You skedaddle, keeping your head down, and regroup in the burned-out shell you started at. From behind you comes a sound like the Whats-it's buzz, except alot louder, heading towards the site of the firefight. Its kicking up old ash and fresh Waste-poo poo, should cover your tracks decently. The Pack is a little frisky at this turn of events, but are still riding the buzz from the morning’s kill. They should be fine.

You still taking your prize to Raven? You're paid to find people and quick, so you run her down in Scrapper’s Market pretty easily.
What do you do?

Raven
Crush desires a stable gig and excitement. If she thinks you can provide both, she’s your huckleberry

Crush scoffs. “Haven’t taken notice, sure. I suppose the previous messengers found themselves handcuffed to the scenery all accidental-like.” She chuckles to herself, and finishes her coffee.

“I’m glad you’ve seen reason though pretty bird, I’m interested in seeing what you can do when you’re not taking gigs from loving cheapos and strikebreakers. Now if you’d like to deposit your first month’s dues with yours truly, I can go let Jenners know that you’re all good. Oh, and don’t worry about breakfast, I got’em.” She waves at the sweaty man behind the counter.

“Hey RAZZIE, tell Gozo thanks for the fuckin grub!” RAZZIE give her the finger and she winks at you.
“We done here, Raven?”
What do you do?

Mr. Smith
Mousse tries, bless his cotton socks, he tries. Definately had training somewhere. But you wind him up good and tight, and his defenses just… go away. He gurgle-screams as the blood and memories start to flow.
splurt Mousse rifling through boxes in a back room
splurt He’s pulling out some sort of cobbled-together camera to take pictures of bottles with complicated chemical names on them
splurt He’s under Deadman’s Overpass, stamping his feet for warmth
splurt A figure approaches always wrapped in shadow, even when in barrel-light
splurt His camera falls from nerveless fingers as SHe steps into the light and his mind breaks at the sight of hEr black eyes and needle-teeth
splurt He gibbers, but the kiss still sends bolts of pleasure through his body and then holyshitthathurtsmytongue pain and then

nothing

Mousse is convulsing on the bed, blood pouring from his eyes and ears. Ventura is against the wall, trying to be through the wall. Spiral is trying to restrain the thrashing boy, and is thrown over the bed as Mousse gives one last titanic heave, and is silent. His chest rises slowly, but aside from that he’s dead to the world. Spiral picks himself off the floor and looks at you with wild eyes.
“Holy poo poo Mr. Smith, that normal?”
What do you do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

I catch my breath in the shadow of that old building, doing a headcount as the kids come in. I let out a low whistle, and another blockhead comes up, I strap the thing to the harness on him, keeping it secure. Then, with a feeling like letting out a held breath, I change. Muscle and bone, and mass, and fur all sprout from...somewhere. My clothes and leathers, worn loose for this very reason, fill out and tighten up, snug but moveable. In the space of a second, I'm a couple hundred pounds heavier, a couple feet taller, and a gently caress of a lot scarier. My eyesight and other senses are pretty sharp compared to other people, but this is like having the volume on the whole world cranked up past 11.

I stretch out a few kinks, joints popping loud enough to echo off the concrete. I rumble out a few growls, holding a clawed hand up for everyone's attention. All ears are cocked to the sound of that...big whateveritis. We hold position until the sound fades entirely to silence, waiting even a minute or two past that before I signal to move out.

The Bay is our home range, we're faster than anybody who knows it better, and we know it better than anyone who's faster. we devour the miles in great loping strides, claws gouging concrete, smashing wooden structures...

Since I was "a few days" out from town when we started, I'm proposing a time-jump, where my stuff happened "yesterday" so I'm just getting into town "now" from everyone else's POV.

We run through the night, passing under a final overpass I catch sight of the blinky light atop LCD's radio tower. The sun is just coming over the east hills when the pack and I reach "home."
Home is the basement of a shell of a tenement building not far from the Haights. I quickly shift back, straighten my gear, put my boots back on, and wash up briefly.
I throw open a rigged valve (thanks JJ) connecting to the rainwater tank on the roof, filling a huge bathtub. Water for the kids. Two of them start brawling, teeth flashing as they roll across the big room. gently caress, they're hungry, I am too, gotta get us fed sooner rather than later.
I snag the flying whatsit and Poco's head from the two carrying them, and I head out into the fresh morning.

The growls and howling fade after a few blocks, and it's just me and the quiet streets as I head to Scrapper's Market.
First stop, collect for Poco. then hit Scrapper's to find Raven, and maybe some breakfast.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 15, 2015

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
2/5 xp, 3-barter, Bonefeel 1+1

I quickly work to ground out the worst of the heat producers. Don't want to wear out the cooler!

The Knowing! Yeah, I got the knowing. Signal's so strong, it might as well be in my brain! I can almost hear it buzzing. I stare at my gear. A signal, a symbol, a sign, a pattern. My brain's just another flash of electricity.

Open My Buzzing Brain: 2d6+2 7

My lobes flash with visions, my creativity speaks in a thunderstorm of knowing before I know it I'm running outside, remember I forgot something, and dash back in and out. I'm skipping down the ruins now, my little scanning jigger in one hand. I feel the breeze on my bits, I don't care. I got a real live mystery! With a beep the Van starts up. It runs just fine, only some of the stuff I need for helping folks inside but it will let me chase the signal.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
JJ
Oh shiiiit man, what’s it like, opening that big ol’ firehose of Knowing directly into your brain? Black and white? Techni-Color? Or just a sine wave snaking right into your brainmeats? The Signal man, its everywhere. You criss-cross Westside, driving along a path of y(x,t)=Acos(2pi(x/lamda-ft)). And the Signal’s always there, enveloping Westside in its warm embrace. And then you see it and laugh, how did you miss it before. Its like the lamps you have in the grow-op, shining on the little plants, making them grow up strong. And the buds open up and the flowers all have Doctor’s face, how awesome is that?

Maybe that’s why you blink and you’re standing in Doctor’s waiting room, scannermajig in one hand, SMG in the other. She seems to be having a bit of an issue at the moment, but you’ve got the proper tools man. Still no pants though.
What do you do?

(Bonefeel has been activated, take +1 forward dealing with Doctor’s situation)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 3-barter, Bonefeel 1+1

When my mind is really going, it's like synesthesia, every part of my brain is working like never before, working together. I know the taste of the sunlight. I'm making connections I've never made before, connection I didn't even know were inside me. It's a thunderstorm of associations, connection forming in my mind and throwing out into the world for me to touch and change. Spider webs of malleable light-sensation showing me the truth of the signal. I'm dreaming but I'm awake. I'm awake but I'm more awake, awake like I've had my eyes closed forever and just now they're open and I can see beyond what I see.

I've been tracking the signal, but not to the source. I see that now. I'm looking at the receiver, I'm looking at the point of intent, not the point of origin. The bullet hole, not the gun. Signal's hitting all of us, but not everybody hears it. I can see, he's hearing it too much. Something's been done to him. But I can fix it. I have what he needs. In my right hand there's the gun. In my left there's the scannermajig. I always was a leftie.

I know this signal now, know it in the vibrations of my mind. I turn on the short range emitter on the scanner and I twist the band just right. Two waves crash perfect, they make still. Peace. Whatever he was hearing, it goes silent. My own brain, it goes a little quieter too. When I talk it's chill as can be.

"Lay down friend, we can help you. Doctor knows the medicine. I know the tech. We can work on both here, we can make you right again. Just lay on the table and let us put you to sleep. Soon it will all be better."

Chill out with some Hot: 2d6+2 9

Ah man, you helping to push it to 10 doctor?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor

Now I admittedly don't know JJ that well, but the fact that he appeared pants-less in the infirmary when I needed him most was shockingly not very surprising. I've still got the stunner but I"m trying to hold it down where J-Blast won't be looking, I want him to be looking me in the eye. Preferably looking over at JJ only a little.

"He's right, between the two of us you have maybe the two smartest folks in the bay. Heck, maybe on the western continent. I concur with his assessment that you should lie down, but we won't give you any drugs to put you to sleep. You said that made it worse, right?" I grate out that last bit as if JJ should have somehow possibly known and give him a sidelong glance. But then it's back to cool as a cucumber. When I think I've got a moment I make direct eye contact with RN and PA, "Hey you two, want to get our nicest bed ready for our new patient? RN maybe try to see if we've got any tea or something to calm him down without any nasty drugs? Also while you're in the storage closet grab JJ here some scrub pants."

I got your back buddy, doesn't matter if you're a bit of an odd ball.
Rolling Sharp instead of Hx due to Professional Compassion, and marking XP.
Assisting JJ: 2d6+2 10

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith
1/5 XP | 0:00 | 1-Armor | 5-Barter

Those motherfuckers again, what the hell. They're real. That probably isn't good, though again that's an easy bet to make. They don't need to see me rattle at all, though. Who's rattled. They are, not me. "Normal? Does that look like a probability distribution symmetric around μ, with deviation σ, and integral 1?" I smile at him, that might make even less sense than what he just saw. "Nothing's normal, Spiral, nothing's normal when I do my work. But it's usually a lot cleaner, quicker, and less painful for everyone when people don't put up a fight." I'm not trying to scare the guy, honest. "Ventura! Come here, man, it's over now. You can take care of Mousse or send for Doctor or whatever else you feel like doing. Spiral, there's a piece of fancy equipment that might be out under the overpass. If you can get it, it's worth a lot to Gozo. Time is of the essence, but it might have been scavved already. Also, it's probably dangerous out there. Your call." And with that, I turn and head back to Gozo, though I want to see what RAZZIE's looks like. Maybe Crush and Raven are still there. I've got some stuff they may want to know...as well as an opportunity.

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 15, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven the Operator
Harm 0/6 | Armor 1 | XP 2/5 | 3-barter

Raven drops her chair back onto four legs, then pulls her bag into her lap. A little digging, and she tosses a brick of black and copper to Crush. Duracells, still in the original plastic. "That should cover it. Be seeing you, Crush. Maybe at the next meeting, eh?"

Once Crush departs, the crew settles in to finish breakfast. After a bit, Crow puts his fork down and stares at Raven. "What are you planning?"

Raven shrugs. "Nothing yet. Just laying foundations. Speaking of which, looks like we'll be sticking a bit. So I'm thinking we should find some digs. Slept in the mud enough getting here, and paid enough room & board since. I want my own roof over my head."

Merlin raises a hand. "If we're going to get a real operation going, I'll need tools and a place for them." Raven nods.

"That's next on the agenda then. Soon as we finish breakfast."

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka
So what did Jean’s Girl promise to give you if you brought back Poco’s head for her place’s ‘don’t gently caress with me’ wall? Any of the other displays your handiwork?

(1-barter gained for one threat delivered, loud and clear)

Anyways, Scrapper’s Market. Its morning, which means the area is blanketed in the smell of cooking meat. Not doing wonders for your concentration. A few hawkers and buyers nod in your direction, it pays to be polite. There’s a hint of panic and blood in the air, something might be going down. That interest you? Just when your stomach is about to wander off without you, you run down Raven at RAZZIE’’S. Looks like she’s just finished talking with that hitter woman, Crush. You got beef with her? Anyways, you’ve found Raven and (mostly edible) food. And **sniff* Mr. Smith?
What do you do?

JJ and Doctor
When JJ fiddles with the scannermajig most of the tension drops from J-Blast’s stance, and your calming words takes out the rest. He plops down on the floor, apologizing to Doctor under his breath. JJ, RN hands you a set of scrubs with a not-so-discreet wink.
After a nice mug of camotea and a few minutes’ observation to make sure there’s no adverse reaction, J-Blast meekly follows you to the nice exam-room, with the comfort straps. Looking him over, he’s got his normal scars and body-mods, but the two of you notice burns on most of his contact areas and a network of scars down his spine and the back of his arms and legs. The scannermagig is picking up metal and RF from under the scars. Dude’s got some sort of implant thing going on.

Doctor, you got your gear, assistants, and JJ’s help, but even so you think you’d need to take a few days and add some heavy-duty scanners to your exam room to get to the bottom of what’s going on. Or you could go in for some quick exploratory surgery, but J-Blast isn’t in the most stable condition right now.

JJ, you’re showing PA the basics of scannermajig useage as Emdey is ‘in consult’ when you hear a panicked woman’s voice in the waiting room.

“Doc? Boys? Anyone here? Aw poo poo, come on, I’ve got a bleeder here and he ain’t opening his eyes!” You look out into the foyer and you see a very upset Hack-Xi, her shinies blinking and bangles jangling, propping up an unconscious boy bandaged and bleeding from the head.
What do y’all do?

Mr. Smith
Spiral gives you a curt nod and leaves. You hear him in the hall: "Sad Jim, Getty, Maryjane: mount up quicktime. We got a retrieval."
Hmm, the four of them are pretty much Gozo's heaviest and most expensive hitters, he's really sparing no expense. As you head out, you hear Ventura hyperventilating behind you, but that's not really your problem anymore is it.

Raven and Crush are still talking as you amble back. Its been like twenty minutes and no bloodshed, imagine that. As you watch, bizness is concluded and Crush leaves the table smiling faintly. She’s got the air of someone looking forward to interesting things. The big woman crosses your path, eyeing you and standing in your way for a fraction too long. Classic dominance display.
What do you do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 | Armor 2 | XP 2/5 | Barter-1

Jean's girl and I go back a bit. Some tweek tried to shake her place down when I was first in town, before my not-so-secret was out, when my pack still stayed outside of town. I was just there for a drink. One torn in half junkie later, and she's been throwing me small jobs like this ever since. That dude's head is what started the 'don't gently caress with me' wall, and yeah, most of the exhibits up there are from me, but not all. That combination bloodstain/scorch mark back by the can? That was Soph, and no matter how hard Jean's girl scrubs, that spot ain't never comin off. heheh.

Anyways, Scrapper's.

So I'm walking along, food smells good, and I'm hauling this loving thing with me. I catch a whiff of Smith, of course that guy's lurking around, he's always lurking around, but I brush past him. I also catch Priest eyeballing me over his cup of coffee just inside RAZZIE'S. I walk up to Raven just as Crush wanders off. I don't got beef with Crush, but she's one of those who doesn't bother to hide that she doesn't like me, much like Priest.
I slide into the seat that Crush just vacated, dropping my new acquisition at my feet with a hollow thud, and waving to Raz to come take my order, he knows who I am and knows better than to give me the finger, but I can tell he wants to, which makes me give him a big, pardon me, wolfish, grin.

"Sup, birdies," I nod to her crew as well, "If you ain't busy, I think I got something might interest you. Could be valuable."

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 16, 2015

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 3-barter, Bonefeel 1+1

My spine shoots straight and my eyes twinkle in excitement. "Head Trauma! I'm on the case!" I shout, "lay him down! Elevate the shoulders slightly. Keep firm pressure on the wound!" Uhhh... is that all I read? Seems inadequate. I need better doctoring books, I think step 4 was wait for a real doctor. Well, I guess we can work from basic knowledge. A cut is a cut right?

"What happened? Is the skull cracked? We'll need some booze and some stichers. Maybe blood. We have blood here?"

I've said all of this in, like, 4 seconds. I haven't even touched the man yet. Will Hack-Xi let me fix him? I sure hope so!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven the Operator
Harm 0/6 | Armor 1 | XP 2/5 | 3-barter

As Luka sits down, Merlin starts and ends up wearing a good portion of his coffee. Nau Shan Shan hands him a napkin without looking up from her sausages. Crow glares across the table, but the wolfman knows that's just his default expression. The lack of hostility in it is confirmed when the lean, tough crew member nods respectfully.

Raven, meanwhile, is cool as the other side of the pillow. She twirls the butter knife in her hand showily as she spreads some kind of blue jam across a piece of toast. "Well, seems I'm the popular one today! Things keep up like this and I'll have to hire a secretary." She takes a bite, and purses her lips.

"I think I can clear my schedule for you. Especially since you used the magic word. What do you have, Luka?"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

Luka stinks on by, this place will be clear in no time, I'm sure. But that's not really my concern. "Just can't help yourself around me, Crush?" I'm right, of course. She's the big swinging dick around here, and she has to make sure everyone else knows it. I know it just as well as anyone else. Thing is, and it's what she can never quite remember in time (or at least it doesn't seem like it) is that I operate on a different plane of space and time. At least, that's the appearance I cultivate, and I like to think I do it extremely well.

This all being said, I obviously don't need to get her attention by reminding her of all of this weirdness, but it is fun. But there it is. Her attention. Now let's nail it home, before she nails me with a left cross. "What would you say if I told you that the succubi that visit your dreams at night were both real and worth some significant jingle to me if you can catch one alive?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

"ok, so check it. Me'n the kids, we're running a job way out, details aren't important, but you remember that story I told you, about those real luxe hitech fucks what blew away a few of my wolves with real weird guns awhile back? Well anyways, there I was yesterday and I hear those real weird guns again, so's I go check it out, I don't get any kinda look at 'em before this thing," I kick the disabled drone under the table, "comes flying up in my face, I shoot it down before it can do much else, and I figure you'd wanna get a look at it. Maybe see what there is to see y'know?"

I nod at the girl when she brings me my food, popping a sausage in my mouth.

"So yeah, you interested?"

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor

"Alrighty, so this is something where it's definitely going to get worse before it gets better so just think about how the tea made you feel an-" my little speech I'd prepared to prep J-Blast for waking surgery is cleanly cut off by the word "bleeder", which non-professionals tend to throw around a little too often but once glance at the wounded boy and he's two for two for life-threatening symptoms.

"RN stay here, keep him calm and ready for me when I finish up here. Get a theater set up at least on his back." I make sure to get a nod out of him before I part ways and head off to the waiting room, conveniently scrubbed up to cut up J-Blast. "Set him down, keep his neck level, let's do some triage as I've got some business to attend to." Firm voice, trying to stay professional. Take a pulse, try to get a feel for breathing, all the while bombarding Xi with questions: "What did this to him? What were his other symptoms? How long has he been unconscious? Any major allergies?"

A look over back at PA tells him to drop what he's doing and get into gear with her, he knows his place is putting pressure on that head with fresh bandages and maybe some coffee-reddener if it's within arms reach on the trip over.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
JJ and Doctor
Hack-Xi blinks a few times and then breaks out into a relieved grin. She wobbles the boy closer, and PA moves over to help bring him into the triage room. JJ he looks familiar, maybe he was around when you had your… incident with Spiral? Yeah, yeah, he was one of the assholes that laughed at you when you were rolling around on the ground with a broke arm!

“poo poo, am I glad to see you guys. Damndest thing, I had my ‘shaw parked over by the Onramp enjoying some sun and one of your righteous spliffs Wombat. Some fucker in a mask tosses this poor bastard in the back and drops two full clips on my lap. Says ‘Get to Emdey quick.’ She shrugs. “Bad mojo to have someone die in my livelihood, and I did get paid, so here I am. Didn’t ever wake up, he’s gonna be alright, right?”

PA has taken this time to give the boy a quick once-over, and he turns to you two. “Massive trauma and excision to the lingual musculature, intracranial swelling and bleeding, and superficial facial lacerations.” Sighing slightly at JJ’s semi-blank look, he continues. “His tongue is gone, his brain is swelling and bleeding, and his face his kinda hosed up. He’s critical Doctor, I’m having trouble finding his pulse.”
What do y’all do?

Mr. Smith
You don’t even see the blow that sends you flying, not with your eyes or your brain. Just a quick thrust against your ribs and the world starts spinning around you. Your jacket may be looking a little tattered, but its still padded where it counts so you don’t think she broke anything.

(1-harm inflicted, absorbed by armor. Roll +harm (0).)

...the gently caresswas that about? Crush has already closed the distance, rueful expression on her face. “Aww poo poo man, sorry about that. Thought you were someone else, little jumpy this morning.” She’s playing it good, but you can see the lie there. She knew exactly what she was doing. She extends a hand. “Can I make it up to you?”
What do you do?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith
Getting punched by Crush: 2d6+0 8

"Guess you're not interested," I say with a smarting grin, "thought you had better eyes than that. Hard to be queen of the scavs when you miss little details." Not exactly smart to show too much weakness. Ow. My fuckin' ribs. I do take her hand, though, gotta let her know she actually still does have a business opportunity.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven the Operator
0:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●○○○» | 3-barter

Merlin glances at Raven, gets a small nod, and ducks under the table to take a look. He pops up after a moment, a stunned expression on his face.

Raven eyes him, then turns to Luka. "We're in." She eats another forkful of pancake. "We're about to go secure an HQ. Merlin can take a look at that prize of yours, and we can talk business. If you want to tag along."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 16, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

"Sounds good. By the way, if you're having troubles with Crush," I jerk a nod to where she just laid out Smithy-boy, "Me'n the kids got yer back, and there ain't nothing like several tons of pissed off fur and teeth to make people play nice."
I chuckle a bit between bites at the thought.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
0:00 | Armor 0 | XP 3/5 | Barter-1

"Alright, moving him up would probably do more harm than the good of saving me from back pain, bring my kit down here PA." You always have to word things as a direct command to a specific person in these sort of scenarios, even my staff will freeze up and assume the other will do what I need them to do in a clinch. When the oversized duffel that is my lifeblood thumps to the ground next to me I don't even look, just reach a hand in and start pulling out what I need.

Using the Angel Kit, spending 2 Stock.
Stabilize and heal: 2d6+2 12
MC Picks one from the following:
• they need to be physically stabilized before you can move them.
• even narcostabbed, they fight you; you’re acting under fire.
• they’ll be in and out of consciousness for 24 hours.
• stabilizing them eats up your stock; spend 1-stock more.
• they’ll be bedridden, out of action, for at least a week.
• they’ll need constant monitoring and care for 36 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Mr. Smith
You miss noticing something important.

Something passes over Crush's face, but your eyes are watering too much to catch it before its gone. She chuckles.
"Queen of the scavs? Good one old man. Just doin’ what needs doin’. Bit busy myself, but I'm sure there's a hungry young buck I can send your way. Reduced fee even, on account of accidently busting you up." She gives your hand a squeeze, a bit too hard to be completely bizness-like, and releases it.
“Whelp, time waits for no woman Mr. Smith. I’ll see you around.”
What do you do?

Doctor
they’ll need constant monitoring and care for 36 hours.

Its touch and go, but you get the cranial shunt in and the damaged lingual root sutured up properly. He's still not out of the woods yet, and won’t be for another day or so, but he can be safely moved. You gonna let one of the Boys look after you new patient while he’s still critical, or are you going to stand vigil yet again? The injuries are odd as all hell, but young Mousse will hopefully be able to explain them himself in a few days.
And of course, there’s the question of who’s going to pay for all of this?
What do you do?

• Locked thread