Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Is anyone here so smart that they were allowed to skip over a grade at school, or maybe even more than one grade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
:firstpost:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I wish I was that smart, but I'm not. Hopefully someone who was smart enough speaks up, and teaches us regular intelligence goons a thing or two!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I skipped from 3rd grade to 5th.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think I was still there physically, though.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
i was offered it but turned it down, i was made fun of enough already

got a friend who was offered and actually did, tho

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

what the gently caress kind of school system does that

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Asian girl did

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They used to pick out like half the kindergartners and put them in "pre-1st" if they didn't meet some measure of advancement. Through whatever magic selection criteria, age based physical development, and or the pre-1st curriculum taught, everybody who had gone to pre-1st ended up at least a B student if not in honors programs.

I wasn't one of them so its like I skipped a grade. Those motherfuckers got to take a nap after recess.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yeah I skipped 11th and 12vth grades

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
my grandma skipped a grade, but that was in like 1930

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I skipped part of 12th grade.

(I was expelled.)

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I graduated at 15.

CHSPE ITT

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
I skipped first base and slid right into your mom's home plate. :smugbert:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I started kindergarten a year early.

Kinda sucked since I was always the youngest in the class, but at least I got to start college when I was 17.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
when my college fund vanished in the dot com bust i dropped out, got a GED and took a job so I guess i skipped a whole bunch of them, like 6+ years considering my two coworkers with college degrees

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
A slice of life is T.J. Henderson
Super intelligent, a fine young gentleman
A ten year old whiz kid bussin high school
A pugnacious little shorty with a thousand IQ
He's got a way with the ladies, and he's keepin it real
Your favorite little study buddy, he knows the deal
Dad says just a kid, on the ball, very funny
You could say that he's bright, brainy, gifted, whatever
(Mo's Voice)Yo brother is smaaart!
He's a smart guy, du du, du da du du du
Smart guy, du du, du da du, smart guy, du da du du du
He's a smart guy, du du, du da du du du

Sas
Oct 29, 2014

I only went to school once, when I was 8 and they gave me the school because i was the best they had ever seen.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sas posted:

I only went to school once, when I was 8 and they gave me the school because i was the best they had ever seen.

Principal 13 year old.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Hick Magnet posted:

I skipped from 3rd grade to 5th.

Hey, me too.

Also, no boys liked me until I went to college, and everyone just assumed that I was a bookish-yet-sporty teenaged lesbian.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i was given the option to skip but refused

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Skylark posted:

Is anyone here so smart that they were allowed to skip over a grade at school, or maybe even more than one grade?

I was smart enough. Did you?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

FordPRefectLL posted:

i was given the option to skip but refused

literally the only smart response to the offer

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

Yeah I skipped 11th and 12vth grades

hell yeah me too im studing to be a welder

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When I was in 4th grade I was part of a teacher's master's thesis that taught 5th grade curriculum to smart 4th graders, normal 5th graders, and 6th graders who technically failed the 5th grade.

That teacher hosed up their master's thesis and retired instead, so when I was in 5th grade the school was like well the state says you need to learn 4th grade now and put the dozen of us who had already learned 5th grade into the special ed 4th grade class because the school special ed teacher was assisting that original teacher the year before.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

zedprime posted:

That teacher hosed up their master's thesis and retired instead, so when I was in 5th grade the school was like well the state says you need to learn 4th grade now and put the dozen of us who had already learned 5th grade into the special ed 4th grade class because the school special ed teacher was assisting that original teacher the year before.

speak on that

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SHARTING BEAR posted:

speak on that
Imagine a year of school that doesn't matter and you don't need to try but you are too young to know anyone to buy you weed.

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
My school was the streets, be-i-itch.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

I knew this smart rear end kid back in Elementary school who had been skipped ahead by two grades. He would constantly try and correct our teacher in the middle of her going over a problem whenever we did math. He would just straight up interrupt her and act like smug know it all and of course 99% of the time he was wrong. It was not surprising when I found out he was an only child

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was held back 3 grades because of how retarded i was

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Only children are weird. They are like halfway to being home schooled right off the bat, and then if you actually home school them watch the heck out

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Skipped school because I learned everything on the streets.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I failed First Grade.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Overwined posted:

I failed First Grade.
gently caress that the First Grade failed you

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

When I was in elementary school I was placed in an a class for the advanced advanced kids, the kids above "gifted" level and I got kicked out of the program because I argued with the teacher that the homework she had assigned, which involved creating a "one-dimensional drawing" was impossible, and she complained to the principal that I was disruptive. Well that's my story

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
When I was in 7th grade I got a 1480 SAT and some college literally wanted me to go there instead of High-school, and even my awkward 12 year-old self was like "gently caress that, I'll be the weird Doogie Howser chick and everyone will hate me and make fun of me and I will never be NORMAL" Wahhhh, so I went to a lovely high-school and did drugs and played sports and had butt-loads of friends instead. I was an only child, and it was awesome. You just jealous! :downs:

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Not I, in fact I was held back a year.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

zedprime posted:

Imagine a year of school that doesn't matter and you don't need to try but you are too young to know anyone to buy you weed.

I meant more about being in the special ed class but ok

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Skipping a grade or going to college early or w/e is one of the worst social decisions you could possibly make, being the youngest in a group means that you are terribly lonely and do lots of drugs then the football team rapes you and you drop out of school due to drug abuse and mental breakdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fullhouse posted:

Skipping a grade or going to college early or w/e is one of the worst social decisions you could possibly make, being the youngest in a group means that you are terribly lonely and do lots of drugs then the football team rapes you and you drop out of school due to drug abuse and mental breakdown

Yeah.

:smith:

• Locked thread