Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

When I was in my sophomore year of highschool I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on meds for it. Because of that I had to go to basically the special ed version of a study hall for 1 period every other day. 1 hour of sitting in classroom packed full of teenagers with high functioning autism and aspergers. Needless to say it was pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SHARTING BEAR posted:

I meant more about being in the special ed class but ok
Oh sorry all the proper retard cases were sent to a magnet school so it was just everybody with ADHD or the memory of a goldfish.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

When I was in my sophomore year of highschool I was diagnosed with ADHD and put on meds for it. Because of that I had to go to basically the special ed version of a study hall for 1 period every other day. 1 hour of sitting in classroom packed full of teenagers with high functioning autism and aspergers. Needless to say it was pretty fun

when I was a sophomore, you were called an an rear end in a top hat.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I skipped a lot of classes in h.s. but never a whole grade. Impressive stuff, all.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
:coolspot::gb2gbs::coolspot:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i skipped 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. i dropped out in 9th and immediately went to work in the coal mines

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
I was put into the school districts test program for advanced students which was technically top secret . I was top of my class but I was on the school's poo poo list because I was known as a rouge thinker and a lot of the teachers were intimidated by me questioning their beliefs, and society in general

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Hick Magnet posted:

When I was in elementary school I was placed in an a class for the advanced advanced kids, the kids above "gifted" level and I got kicked out of the program because I argued with the teacher that the homework she had assigned, which involved creating a "one-dimensional drawing" was impossible, and she complained to the principal that I was disruptive. Well that's my story

drat... you were even smarter than Teacher.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I skipped my freshman and sophmore years of college

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Skylark posted:

drat... you were even smarter than Teacher.

My wit was sharper; as was my steel upon her desk.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I skipped first grade and never really felt like it was a bad decision

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Whatev posted:

I was put into the school districts test program for advanced students which was technically top secret . I was top of my class but I was on the school's poo poo list because I was known as a rouge thinker and a lot of the teachers were intimidated by me questioning their beliefs, and society in general

I see you more as a mascara thinker, honestly.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I got to skip ahead to 4th grade in math when I was in 3rd. Of course my asshat teacher the next year made me repeat purely for the fact that they wouldn't accommodate me having to take 6th grade math in 5th.

I hope Mr. Rice chokes on a big fat cock.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I was held back a grade in kindergarten because I peed my pants two times.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
started kindergarten a year early and skipped fourth grade, it was cool i guess and i still got laid in high school because i never told anyone that they were about to gently caress someone 2 -3 years younger than them. i also grew a good dick and luxurious body hair during puberty so no one suspected a thing

e: thanks for this cool thread skylark it feels good to know i'm not alone

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
yes actually i was :colbert:

born a 90 but went with 89s

(was horribly bullied because of it lol)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
People like you weirdos were just plain retarded when I was in school. "Short bus" was not some silly eupahamism in 1983. You retards literally took the weirdo short bus. Why are you proud of it now? Get better parents next time. You were totally the smelly kid that didn't get invited to birthday parties. Blech! (Also sorry if your parents were totes alcoholic shitbags that didn't pack you lunch.) life's pretty random, eh?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was so smart I got skipped from 3rd to 1st

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fullhouse posted:

Skipping a grade or going to college early or w/e is one of the worst social decisions you could possibly make, being the youngest in a group means that you are terribly lonely and do lots of drugs then the football team rapes you and you drop out of school due to drug abuse and mental breakdown

hot

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

It would be a funny thing to skip a lot of grades. Because you would be in school with the older kids and they would see that you're smaller than them and they would call you a manlet. Manlet Manlet MAnlet manlet manlet :xd:

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

a hole-y ghost posted:

It would be a funny thing to skip a lot of grades. Because you would be in school with the older kids and they would see that you're smaller than them and they would call you a manlet. Manlet Manlet MAnlet manlet manlet :xd:

That's school, not SA. Or whatever is the site filled with neurotic people who are crippled by their own obsessions with male height, racial insecurity and the possibility of having low testosterone. I don't think any school kids get off on the idea of cuckoldry, although maybe the anime-loving kids masturbate to netorare. And by that I mean definitely.

I skipped a bunch of grades as a kid, went to preschool only for a couple of months so I didn't learn how to write properly and didn't understand cursive. That really didn't work well for me.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My english teachers would ask why I wasn't taking AP but then never mention it again or talk to me about how you do that or what, lol - poo poo I had to go to weekend classes just to graduate by the end of it all

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I was a freshman for 3 years then through an accelerated learning program gathered enough credits to graduate so I technically skipped a few grades.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I skipped part of 12th grade.

(I was expelled.)

same except i was more of a "take your diploma and leave us the gently caress alone" thing and i was already accepted into college so lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
they let me sit in on 9th grade earth science when i was in 4th grade. offered 12th grade physics too, but i'm not that smart

i failed the class with like a 50-something because i wasn't permitted to take the regents, so apart from learning a few facts about weather systems and earthquakes it didn't do me much good

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I was educated in a bog alongside children with various horrific deformities.

Our valedictorian was a wise old toad.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fullhouse posted:

Skipping a grade or going to college early or w/e is one of the worst social decisions you could possibly make, being the youngest in a group means that you are terribly lonely and do lots of drugs then the football team rapes you and you drop out of school due to drug abuse and mental breakdown

haha good times

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
im very sxmart

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I skipped kindergarten because I had 4th grade math and reading skillz.
I was already the youngest I could be for kindergarten, so technically I was 2 years younger than most of my class.
It didn't really come out until my senior year, when I ran out of excuses for why I couldn't drive.

I showed them though (didn't go to college). :shrek:

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
I got bumped from middle school (8th grade) to sophomore classes (10th grade) in English and Science. I had a broken ankle the first couple months, and because I was still technically a student at the middle school, I had to go there in the morning for, I think, Tech Ed. Then, during lunch, I got to hoof it over to the high school for the rest of the day. This started in the winter for some reason, so I was on crutches with a heavy backpack while trying, and failing, to not look ridiculous as I hobbled between schools each day. The English teacher hated me, yet I ended up in one of his classes every year.

Then my entire life went to poo poo so a lot of good that did me.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 13, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I was going to skip 5th grade until I made a huge fuss about not wanting to. Didn't want to leave all my friends and poo poo behind. Plus there was some other kid that had already skipped 4th grade or something and he got made fun of quite a bit.

Plus it would have meant that I wouldn't be 16 until my senior year of high school and gently caress that I loved driving Jr year. Didn't really think about that at the time though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yep.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I skipped 4th, but then I did 8th grade again because I wasn't ready socially for high school so it balanced out.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Flagrant Abuse posted:

i was offered it but turned it down, i was made fun of enough already

got a friend who was offered and actually did, tho

Same, I ended up finishing early anyway.

Imo, finishing early is way better than skipping a grade. Skipping is 5-6 years of hell being the smallest etc whereas you get the same exact outcome with no hell by just blazing through Soph-Jun years.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

DoggPickle posted:

When I was in 7th grade I got a 1480 SAT and some college literally wanted me to go there instead of High-school, and even my awkward 12 year-old self was like "gently caress that, I'll be the weird Doogie Howser chick and everyone will hate me and make fun of me and I will never be NORMAL" Wahhhh, so I went to a lovely high-school and did drugs and played sports and had butt-loads of friends instead. I was an only child, and it was awesome. You just jealous! :downs:

Good job for real because there was a 16 year old in my freshmen class at college who had changed schools every loving year of her life and had the social skills of a really hyper 6 year old because of it

Poor chick had no loving friends as far as I was aware and I think lived in one of the single dorms so not even a roommate to fall back on

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I remember a girl doing multiplication and division mad minutes while everyone else was doing dumbass add and subtract and she still kicked everyone's rear end

If anything I'm jealous someone took the time to educate her or she had the drive to learn that poo poo in that grade

I got taken aside to do a mad minute for some kinda competency test (I really wish I remembered why if it was like cause they thought I was smart or retarded or something) and I remember seeing the long division symbols on one side of the sheet and asking what the heck those were

She did not tell me

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My greatest accomplishment was accidentally discovering how to erase permanent marker off white board in the SRO's office by tracing it with normal white board marker and erasing that.

I don't remember why I was there. Probably cause my parents did drugs??? I DAREd to be drug free

Even tho Some stimulants probably could've saved my transcripts

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Halfway through kindergarten i was skipped to first grade so I crushed both grades in a single year. This all backfired when I was 17 my freshman year of college.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Neil McCauley posted:

Same, I ended up finishing early anyway.

Imo, finishing early is way better than skipping a grade. Skipping is 5-6 years of hell being the smallest etc whereas you get the same exact outcome with no hell by just blazing through Soph-Jun years.

But then you don't get your senior year and that's the best one...

I feel like people should just do the full school curriculum without skipping around; even if you're super smart academically it doesn't mean you are maturing or developing any faster socially or mentally or emotionally. Instead of skipping a grade there should be something else to engage the super smart people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
I'm pretty sure the point of skipping grades is so the parents can be smug about how smart their undersized social outcast children are, it certainly isn't for the benefit of the kid

• Locked thread