Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I moved to 2nd grade after about a month in 1st. By the time I was 16, I was graduating HS, but I had the emotional and social skills of a 10-year-old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I had to repeat first grade

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I am dyslexic and colorblind but my elementary school special ed. program never really caught on to either until the third grade, so I literally spent grades k-3 failing upwards since I was terrible at reading and too "stupid" to know my colors correctly. I ended up taking SPED classes from third grade to senior year of high school due to the dyslexia thing, even though I eventually learned to read as well as the next guy!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Are you sure you're not getting him mixed up with the guy after him?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
:(

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I'm not super smart, but I had a ridiculous head start.

Instead of going to preschool when my mom went back to work, I was left in the care of two retired school principals for a few years, so when I started school I was at about the level of a 4th grader, I never skipped a grade, but was constantly put into special classes, programs and schools, and broke the scale of the IQ test that are weighted for age, my score had a bunch of plus signs at the end.

The school I was in for 5th and 6th grade was set up so that everything was a group project, in every group I was the one who drew the pictures, so I didn't write anything or learn much for a couple of years, and threw the tests, which got me back into normal high school with my normal friends.

Then in 8th grade I made the mistake of optimising some trigonometry equation, apparently everyone had been doing it the long way for hundreds of years, so instead of riding skateboards in the afternoons with my normal friends, I got dragged along to a university for some math enrichment evening course for gifted 11th and 12th graders.

I wasn't allowed to choose my own subjects and because I was good with math my parents forced me to take commerce, which I hated, so I dropped out of high school and left home at 15.

monkey fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 14, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Sas posted:

I only went to school once, when I was 8 and they gave me the school because i was the best they had ever seen.

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

monkey posted:

I'm not super smart, but I had a ridiculous head start.

Instead of going to preschool when my mom went back to work, I was left in the care of two retired school principals for a few years, so when I started school I was at about the level of a 4th grader, I never skipped a grade, but was constantly put into special classes, programs and schools, and broke the scale of the IQ test that are weighted for age. (my score was 140++++++, I'd guess that my actual unweighted IQ would be more like 120)

The school I was in for 5th and 6th grade was set up so that everything was a group project, in every group I was the one who drew the pictures, so I didn't write anything or learn much for a couple of years, and threw the tests, which got me back into normal high school with my normal friends.

Then in 8th grade I made the mistake of optimising some trigonometry equation, apparently everyone had been doing it the long way for hundreds of years, so instead of riding skateboards in the afternoons with my normal friends, I got dragged along to a university for some math enrichment evening course for gifted 11th and 12th graders.

I wasn't allowed to choose my own subjects and because I was good with math my parents forced me to take commerce, which I hated, so I dropped out of high school and left home at 15.

So if I use gene therapy to make my children super smart I should make sure they go to normal school

• Locked thread