Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
im permabanned poster fatstomper58. i first started reading gbs when i was about 30. by 32 i got really obsessed with the concept of "schadenfreude" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really cynical and i would repeat things like "diabetes fat death" and "i love making GBS threads inside fattie's assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really curmudgeonly, start seeing lipids in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schadenfreudenia. im now on methamphetamines. i always wondered what the kind of "cynical" style of gbs humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schadenfreudenic and sourpussal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" gbs to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a being a giant unlikeble human being. peace.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

im foreverial tiedup poster Jake. I first got fully delitized at 23 and am loving it, hopping around in permanent rubber ropes and licking everyone with my giant baloney, ham, and cheese tongue

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Swizzbutt posted:

"Better than reddit"

yeah true

InterFaced posted:

What emoticon do you want on your tombstone OP? I'm going with :catdrugs:

same.

also:

:shrek:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Xaris posted:

im permabanned poster fatstomper58. i first started reading gbs when i was about 30. by 32 i got really obsessed with the concept of "schadenfreude" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really cynical and i would repeat things like "diabetes fat death" and "i love making GBS threads inside fattie's assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really curmudgeonly, start seeing lipids in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schadenfreudenia. im now on methamphetamines. i always wondered what the kind of "cynical" style of gbs humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schadenfreudenic and sourpussal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" gbs to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a being a giant unlikeble human being. peace.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
No lie though fatties are terrible, but its fun, to have a wry chuckle sometimes

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Tujague posted:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Xaris posted:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58.
Mods?

SaltyJesus posted:

in a sense we are all permabanned poster niggerstomper58
MODS!?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's not SA

it's the whole world

previous generations just never had the gift/curse of instantaneous global communication in high definition video so they couldn't see hosed up poo poo happening 24/7 without end

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wall Balls posted:

it gets worse

It gets better after that

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

im foreverial tiedup poster Jake. I first got fully delitized at 23 and am loving it, hopping around in permanent rubber ropes and licking everyone with my giant baloney, ham, and cheese tongue

same

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I am Niggerstomper 58!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I am Niggerstomper 58!

Greetings.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Moridin920 posted:

it's not SA

it's the whole world

previous generations just never had the gift/curse of instantaneous global communication in high definition video so they couldn't see hosed up poo poo happening 24/7 without end
Actually the problem is that previous generations were just as cynical but without our self reflection, and the next generation, today's teens, are lacking in mental faculties altogether. Truly we are burdened as the uniquely all-perceiving generation.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

DeepQantas posted:

Actually the problem is that previous generations were just as cynical but without our self reflection, and the next generation, today's teens, are lacking in mental faculties altogether. Truly we are burdened as the uniquely all-perceiving generation.

*shakes fist*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why would anyone want to go to a forum full of kids and teens

they are the loving worst

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Ask Aatrek

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zzulu posted:

Seriously, it's not about being out of touch with their pop culture or anything you're just objectively better than they are

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

VendaGoat posted:

Ask Aatrek

lol

(Lucifer Our Lord)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
*Closes eyes and imagines the sparkling wit and fascinating content on this forum if every post cost $1*

Who am I kidding? It would probably still be 90% im gay and first posts

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

welcome to cum town op

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Not always OP.

:smug:

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

Not always OP.

:smug:

Lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
here lies andy;

peperony and chease

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm Merlining the poo poo out of life thanks to SA.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The horror... the horror...

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

*Closes eyes and imagines the sparkling wit and fascinating content on this forum if every post cost $1*

Who am I kidding? It would probably still be 90% im gay and first posts

instead of the freedom and equality to post 'im gay' whenever you want, the means of posting will instead be controlled by the rich.

a grim dark future in which only bourgeoisie have the capability to post 'im gay' in GBS, while the rest of us toil away in BYOB trying to earn enough posting credit for one lousy 'first'

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hon, I was bitter and cynical long before I made it here

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Je suis niggerstomper58.

But really op, this place is called something awful. What did you expect?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i wish i was dead too OP

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

FuturePastNow posted:

Hon, I was bitter and cynical long before I made it here

This.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

bitter and cynical or ugly retarded and mean?

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Frog Act posted:

bitter and cynical or ugly retarded and mean?

You're right, that's the phrase I was looking for.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

nonazis posted:

I started participating in the SA community around a month ago. Before that I enjoyed such things as: Reddit, television, the company of liberals, the company of conservatives, and other things that did not involve sitting at my laptop all day. Now, I am jaded, cynical, and a total prick. I can't stand the idiotic idealists of reddit, and somehow rationalize dislike for all political parties. Thanks SA.

Seriously though, this website is my god damned life now.

Lol @that regdate

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Get me some flan?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

vug posted:

Welcome to the desert of the real

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
I feel as if some of the sarcasm is lost to you people. I'm still a liberal, I still watch Star Trek.

I seriously can't stand reddit anymore though, and I am binging on this website lately.

I was already a prick.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what if i told you....you could post on all web forums at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nonazis posted:

I feel as if some of the sarcasm is lost to you people. I'm still a liberal, I still watch Star Trek.

I seriously can't stand reddit anymore though, and I am binging on this website lately.

I was already a prick.

gbs is probably more liberal than conservative (we're just poo poo posting assholes) and there's a lot of Star Trek watching going on

reddit blows though

Frog Act posted:

what if i told you....you could post on all web forums at once.

sedition

• Locked thread