Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I'm saying that if he's as hurt as Dave Meltzer, who has no dog in this fight, seems to be reporting, it makes sense to not put him back in the main event for a variety of reasons, as badly as that sucks, also for a variety of reasons.

Right but that's not why they're doing it. It's why they're putting him in multi-man matches, not why they're keeping him out of the world title scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-04-13/paige-injury-update-27298176

"Internal injuries"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I'm saying that if he's as hurt as Dave Meltzer, who has no dog in this fight, seems to be reporting, it makes sense to not put him back in the main event for a variety of reasons, as badly as that sucks, also for a variety of reasons.

At the risk of sounding like a TNA douchebag, Meltzer doesn't know everything and we don't know what his source is for the conclusion that Bryan is hurt. It could be complete speculation based only on him being in multiman tags on house shows. He's being booked like a typical IC champion (minus the constantly losing matches part) as much as he is a guy who is being protected due to injury.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i think its finally happened to me, i realized that im not invested in any particular wrestler in the wwe

i like the product and the shows, i like certain dudes more than others but they finally drilled it into me that any one i like is inevitably gonna get ruined by their poo poo booking and that i should appreciate the show and the "brand" more than any of the talent

except for brock

he still cool tho

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

should have pulled a shamrock and spit up blood

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Junpei Hyde posted:

Why was Neville booked to lose in the UK?

"BECAUSE I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT!"

or

because gently caress you, that's why.

or

because WWE.

EDIT: or all of the above.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Yuriy posted:

should have pulled a shamrock and spit up blood

Or go in a Terri Runnels direction.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

At the risk of sounding like a TNA douchebag, Meltzer doesn't know everything and we don't know what his source is for the conclusion that Bryan is hurt. It could be complete speculation based only on him being in multiman tags on house shows. He's being booked like a typical IC champion (minus the constantly losing matches part) as much as he is a guy who is being protected due to injury.

For what it's worth I don't think Meltzer has reported anything about the injury keeping him out of the main. He has reported over and over that Roman was always the plan and it makes a lot of sense that Brock was the bridge between Bryan and Roman going into Mania.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

rovert posted:

Or go in a Terri Runnels direction.

i wasnt watching at the time or dont remember who this is so im not sure what this means tbh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah I'm not disputing your points at all. Just saying that injury or not, Bryan is IC champion today.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thank God it's not career ending anal bleeding

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Sad news about bryan, I'm sure it's frustrating for all involved.

Should I watch cena/barrett and ziggler/neville? They both sound promising.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dylan McKay posted:

Sad news about bryan, I'm sure it's frustrating for all involved.

Should I watch cena/barrett and ziggler/neville? They both sound promising.

yea they were pretty good matches, not like HM quality but passable, worth a watch if you have poo poo dvr'd

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

WWE always books people to lose in their hometown/country.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

Because they didn't want a newcomer going over Ziggler. It's that simple

E: plus it would've killed Ziggler's heat to lose and THEN get murdered by Sheamus

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Right but that's not why they're doing it. It's why they're putting him in multi-man matches, not why they're keeping him out of the world title scene.

If he's so hurt they're avoiding putting him in singles matches he shouldn't be in the title scene though.

I'm not saying he'd still be champ and WWE is still squandering tons of guys who should be top before Roman, but the injury has clearly affected things.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The WWE are not keeping Daniel Bryan out of the main event for his well being. They had him announce he was going to be in the Rumble on TV in late December before he was actually medically cleared and then put him in a ladder match at Wrestlemania.

They are having him wrestle less and I'm sure they don't want him seriously injured again, but there's no need to pretend Bryan's medical issues are the real reason Roman Reigns main-evented Wrestlemania

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Yuriy posted:

i think its finally happened to me, i realized that im not invested in any particular wrestler in the wwe

i like the product and the shows, i like certain dudes more than others but they finally drilled it into me that any one i like is inevitably gonna get ruined by their poo poo booking and that i should appreciate the show and the "brand" more than any of the talent

except for brock

he still cool tho

This is pretty much exactly where I've been for a while. It's odd because if you had told me the amount of talent who I was such a big fan of previously would be on the roster or even in NXT now a year or two ago and in turn tell me I wouldn't really care I would've been shocked. I almost dread guys I like getting called up now.

Brocks run when he comes back might get me invested again for a while. Maybe.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Brocks run when he comes back might get me invested again for a while. Maybe.

I'm glad Brock is a babyface now so they won't be afraid to trot him out in Minneapolis for the hometown pop.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OctoberCountry posted:

The WWE are not keeping Daniel Bryan out of the main event for his well being. They had him announce he was going to be in the Rumble on TV in late December before he was actually medically cleared and then put him in a ladder match at Wrestlemania.

They are having him wrestle less and I'm sure they don't want him seriously injured again, but there's no need to pretend Bryan's medical issues are the real reason Roman Reigns main-evented Wrestlemania

I'm not saying Bryan would've main evented. Literally all I am saying is he'd probably be more of an uppercard guy/be more prominently featured right now.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If he's so hurt they're avoiding putting him in singles matches he shouldn't be in the title scene though.

I'm not saying he'd still be champ and WWE is still squandering tons of guys who should be top before Roman, but the injury has clearly affected things.

Foochs, you are perhaps my very favorite PSP poster, but it seems borderline delusional to me to believe that any injury Bryan may or may not have has influenced his current spot at all.

I get that you've been chicken littling about Bryan's neck for months so you can't help but see this as your worst fears come to life, but WWE has done literally nothing, up to and including almost letting CM Punk die from a staph infection and then sueing him for it, to make me think they are doing Bryan any favors. He is being booked in exactly the same way they always book the IC champion, sticking him into multiman tags and deemphacizing his importance in comparison to Cena and the World Title as much as possible is nothing unexpected at all. Why should I believe for a second that its because WWE is looking out for him, or even that the injury is flaring up at all? Because the Observer speculated that was the case? Sorry, not buying it.

Final point: Why would they not have Ziggler win the belt at Mania if Bryan was in such dire medical straits?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My personal opinion is the Neville should be built to take the IC off Bryan at Summerslam and Bryan should then move to the main event and Cena scene even if he won't have a 10 month reign of dominance. I think Neville could be white hot if they give him a belt and shoot him to the moon. He can get over and the belt.

Eh he's probably got mid card flippy jobber to the stars all over him.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
My Network subscription lapsed last night and I got an email this morning offering me the rest of the month for free if I renewed, so I guess they're so desperate for numbers that they dropped the "new subscribers only" stip.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gatts posted:

My personal opinion is the Neville should be built to take the IC off Bryan at Summerslam and Bryan should then move to the main event and Cena scene even if he won't have a 10 month reign of dominance. I think Neville could be white hot if they give him a belt and shoot him to the moon. He can get over and the belt.

Eh he's probably got mid card flippy jobber to the stars all over him.

more like jobber to the jobbers hth

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Junpei Hyde posted:

A.) Wrestlers always lose in their hometown/home country for some reason
B.) WWE booking is 5 different kinds of retarded
C.) He's not Cena/Orton

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was pretty much joking. The interview he did on what I think was Jericho's podcast cleared it up for me that he was being janked around by doctors - some saying 'get surgery right now' and others saying to wait - and in the interim he was trying a bunch of stuff. He does claim that there's a woo-woo kind of doctor that really helped him and I'm fairly skeptical of that, but the placebo effect is a very powerful thing so whatever works for him, fine. Still, if I were WWE I wouldn't want to imediately strap a rocket to a guy with his injuries.

e: yup, Carson Palmer is the guy. I mean, there's really nothing inherently wrong with naturopathy and they have a lot of treatments that seem to work, unlike say homeopathy which is quackery laid bare.

There's a reason why so many of those things are referred to as complementary. A lot of that stuff works really well when dealing with post-operative or chronic pain. It can help relieve pain and address other symptoms either in addition to medication, or as a way to wean yourself off of pain medication. It can't replace surgical methods.

Ditto for placebo - that effect is proven to work in relieving symptoms of disease, but can't fix/cure any sort of disease or injury.

Bryan trying physical therapy to fix whatever's wrong sounds like trying to fix a flat tire by filling it with that gimmicky goop stuff that's just meant to be able to get you to a service station. It's not a permanent fix.

If you want to know how guys turn out when they ignore surgery to keep working, look at Paul Orndorff's smaller arm.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

except for brock

he still cool tho

This is where I'm at since I'm no longer really enjoying the product when Brock's not around. He's amazing and the Paul/Brock act is enough to make the product compelling simply with their presence.

The aforementioned lovely booking has just made me unable to give a gently caress, since I prefer NJPW for good wrestling with people I can give a drat about and LU for sports entertainment (and their wrestling's often cool too). I'm probably going to take a break from Raws for a while and just watch the big monthly shows.

It's a shame because they have the talent for a cool product as they've shown during the brief periods when the writing's not terrible.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 14, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Speaking of Daniel Bryan, he appears to be selling beard oil in SA Mart.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
LU is doing a better job scratching my "sports entertainment" itch than anything Raw has done in months

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Foochs, you are perhaps my very favorite PSP poster, but it seems borderline delusional to me to believe that any injury Bryan may or may not have has influenced his current spot at all.

I get that you've been chicken littling about Bryan's neck for months so you can't help but see this as your worst fears come to life, but WWE has done literally nothing, up to and including almost letting CM Punk die from a staph infection and then sueing him for it, to make me think they are doing Bryan any favors. He is being booked in exactly the same way they always book the IC champion, sticking him into multiman tags and deemphacizing his importance in comparison to Cena and the World Title as much as possible is nothing unexpected at all. Why should I believe for a second that its because WWE is looking out for him, or even that the injury is flaring up at all? Because the Observer speculated that was the case? Sorry, not buying it.

Final point: Why would they not have Ziggler win the belt at Mania if Bryan was in such dire medical straits?

WWE fired Kurt Angle for not slowing down before Punk was even in WWE, and before that, they shunted him down the card. I think people are confusing my saying that the injury made a difference with my saying WWE has the best of intentions or that they'd want Bryan as a top guy. I'm not saying that. I'm saying the injury has mattered and still matters, unless Dave is full of poo poo.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Sanguinia posted:

They want the tentpole guy who will carry the entire company for ten years. They also want someone who is entirely Their Guy to be that person. No more indie geeks who have gotten over on their own and don't rely entirely on the WWE to stay over, they don't want to get burned by a CM Punk again. So it won't be any of the new big signings from NXT, Owens and Itami and the rest are there to be hhh's indie killer/Shane in ECW project.

The problem is, is that the WWE has spent so long making everyone look like chumps and not developing/driving away new guys, that they don't really have anyone who has been around to step up. Guys like Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, and Randy Orton and the like are all reaching the peak of their physical abilities, they have maybe four more years or less of top shelf work left. They would be great options to fill the interim gap as the top guys in the company alongside they shambling husk of John Cena and Brock Lesner.

The WWE doesn't want an interim period. They want rapid expansion forever, they want New Cena who will be twice as good as Cena ever was, right this second. And they want him young enough to last a decade.

So for the under thirty guys, you have Adrian Neville who is a remarkable athlete who looks and talks funny, Roman Reigns who has been booked into a pit and needs to disappear for a while, Dean Ambrose who looked like he was on the cusp last year but is now Santino in a wifebeater, Bray Wyatt who has been spinning his wheels for almost a year now, Cody Rhodes who may or may not escape the midcard at some point ever, Rusev who will never be the top face no matter how good he gets, Kalisto who is a super tiny flippy guy in a fed that still thinks Big Show is a main eventer, and Seth Rollins.

Rollins is a great athlete, a really good talker and has been rapidly improving month to month. It should be Rollins. Because of that it probably won't be.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Authorman posted:

They want the tentpole guy who will carry the entire company for ten years. They also want someone who is entirely Their Guy to be that person. No more indie geeks who have gotten over on their own and don't rely entirely on the WWE to stay over, they don't want to get burned by a CM Punk again. So it won't be any of the new big signings from NXT, Owens and Itami and the rest are there to be hhh's indie killer/Shane in ECW project.

The problem is, is that the WWE has spent so long making everyone look like chumps and not developing/driving away new guys, that they don't really have anyone who has been around to step up. Guys like Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, and Randy Orton and the like are all reaching the peak of their physical abilities, they have maybe four more years or less of top shelf work left. They would be great options to fill the interim gap as the top guys in the company alongside they shambling husk of John Cena and Brock Lesner.

The WWE doesn't want an interim period. They want rapid expansion forever, they want New Cena who will be twice as good as Cena ever was, right this second. And they want him young enough to last a decade.

So for the under thirty guys, you have Adrian Neville who is a remarkable athlete who looks and talks funny, Roman Reigns who has been booked into a pit and needs to disappear for a while, Dean Ambrose who looked like he was on the cusp last year but is now Santino in a wifebeater, Bray Wyatt who has been spinning his wheels for almost a year now, Cody Rhodes who may or may not escape the midcard at some point ever, Rusev who will never be the top face no matter how good he gets, Kalisto who is a super tiny flippy guy in a fed that still thinks Big Show is a main eventer, and Seth Rollins.

Rollins is a great athlete, a really good talker and has been rapidly improving month to month. It should be Rollins. Because of that it probably won't be.

Rollins is apparently bulletproof, because he's been treated amazingly well while everyone else is being poo poo on.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Red posted:

Rollins is apparently bulletproof, because he's been treated amazingly well while everyone else is being poo poo on.

and he suffered a very non PG scandal that could've torpedoed a lot of other guys

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Also finishers should actually finish people, not everyone can be Undertaker. I hate how every big match pacing is trading the same finishers repeatedly while looking incredibly shocked into a shaky cam. If people start kicking out of your finisher, you should just make a new one which actually does finish people (for a few years until they start kicking out of that one). Then the cycle begins again.

Also people should really start stealing each others finishers for huge matches and actually finishing them with it. That was the best part about the Rock Austin feud, apart from Rock wearing Austin's vest.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I wonder if Seth Rollins is actually a Hogan-level politicker, because if so that's a very welcome change from the usual dumptrucks who were terrible wrestlers but incredible backstage schemers

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Guignol posted:

I wonder if Seth Rollins is actually a Hogan-level politicker, because if so that's a very welcome change from the usual dumptrucks who were terrible wrestlers but incredible backstage schemers

Ambrose did a podcast where he said The Shield guys definitely fought for their spot and shooting down all the dumb booking decisions surrounding them.

Seeing as how Ambrose has fallen off a cliff and Seth is in a great spot, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Seth doing the politicking

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

cronox2 posted:

Neville couldn't do the 450 spot from last night in NXT anyway because they dont have the fancy padded barricades at Full Sail.

He did it off the ring apron with ease a couple of times.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Authorman posted:

Also finishers should actually finish people, not everyone can be Undertaker. I hate how every big match pacing is trading the same finishers repeatedly while looking incredibly shocked into a shaky cam. If people start kicking out of your finisher, you should just make a new one which actually does finish people (for a few years until they start kicking out of that one). Then the cycle begins again.

Also people should really start stealing each others finishers for huge matches and actually finishing them with it. That was the best part about the Rock Austin feud, apart from Rock wearing Austin's vest.

Stealing finishers definitely needs to come back. Punk busting out a piledriver in that RAW match vs Cena was amazing. When it didn't finish Cena, I was hoping he'd bust out a stunner or something. I'd actually mark for Cena if he busted out a Rock Bottom out of the blue.

EDIT: I think I just figured out the finished to Orton/Rollins. Rollins gives Orton a RKO getting himself disqualified, but he retains the belt.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Orgophlax posted:

Stealing finishers definitely needs to come back. Punk busting out a piledriver in that RAW match vs Cena was amazing. When it didn't finish Cena, I was hoping he'd bust out a stunner or something. I'd actually mark for Cena if he busted out a Rock Bottom out of the blue.

i wonder why they did away with that because it used to be not like super common, but something you would see from time to time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Authorman posted:

I wish that in a lot of TV matches you might even see "normal" moves or a nice big spot pin someone as opposed to a finisher. I think if you experimented with this a bit you could make matches a lot more suspenseful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

i wasnt watching at the time or dont remember who this is so im not sure what this means tbh

Miscarriage and forming a faction called Pretty Mean Sisters.

• Locked thread