Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

triplexpac posted:

I want whatever it is that gives people this unshakable faith that WWE will push someone the crowd likes.

a lobotomy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dean Ambrose certainly isn't going to miss out on moving up the card because of NXT call-ups since they're all being jobbed out, that's for sure. Once they parity book everyone into oblivion, he may have a shot since he gets a reaction and doesn't piss the company off at every single opportunity like Dolph Ziggler.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I want whatever it is that gives people this unshakable faith that WWE will push someone the crowd likes.

Enough poo poo to make me jaded IRL that I might as well be optimistic about something silly like watching prograps. :)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm going on record as saying I wouldn't call it definite by any means, but I have more faith than most (I know, LMAOFoochs) that Dean will move up the card substantially within a year.

I hope so, because inevitably one of these guys is gonna get injured and they'll have to do something with him but I can't see it as anything more than a token push near Summerslam or Survivor Series, after which he's shunted back down to the IC level.

Honestly I don't want to see him in the main event and would rather see the potential matches he can have with the guys in the Intercontinental 'division'. Ambrose/Sheamus would probably be pretty fun and better than almost anything they can put together for him in the main event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm going on record as saying I wouldn't call it definite by any means, but I have more faith than most (I know, LMAOFoochs) that Dean will move up the card substantially within a year.

I'm going to say this is an unfair statement because even one PPV singles win in 2015 is already a substantial improvement over Ambrose's 2014

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John Cena counseling a married couple on the verge on the divorce and then tucking a drink Chris Jericho into bed and then sitting down in a chair to watch him sleep while drinking more beer and listening to jerichos iPod is a great wrestling story.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm going to say this is an unfair statement because even one PPV singles win in 2015 is already a substantial improvement over Ambrose's 2014

Okay wise guy, I'll get specific. Fighting for #1 contendership for the WHC or greater reasonably often. Basically Bryan between Mania and Fast Lane. :colbert:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oldpainless posted:

John Cena counseling a married couple on the verge on the divorce and then tucking a drink Chris Jericho into bed and then sitting down in a chair to watch him sleep while drinking more beer and listening to jerichos iPod is a great wrestling story.

The greatest beer-related wrestling story will forever be Arn passing out drunk in a bar in Georgia and waking up having not spilled the beer but pissing himself yelling at security when they kicked him out

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Niwrad posted:

For real, what do they even do in this situation? Just use Jimmy as enhancement talent till Jey gets back? Take him off TV too?

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Lucha Dragons are getting a rocket push. They're pretty much the de facto top babyface team left now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also orton and rollins had a very good match at wrestlemania and i'm sure this match will be very good in spite of it being a wwe cage match

it was actually very boring and unremarkable outside of the RKO.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Orton/Rollins to be a carbon copy of Cena/Wyatt from last year. J&J constantly climbing the cage and doing nothing, and then it finally ends 10 minutes too late with Big Show singing Burn in my Light on the steps.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay wise guy, I'll get specific. Fighting for #1 contendership for the WHC or greater reasonably often. Basically Bryan between Mania and Fast Lane. :colbert:

Do you think Dean Ambrose will get a PPV Main event in 2015?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

it was actually very boring and unremarkable outside of the RKO.

I disagree

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I'll say second from top.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'll say second from top.

Toxx this poo poo cuz it ain't happening.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RBX posted:

He'll be in the Money in the Bank match probably.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Rollins' dumb stip is surely going to come in to play either by pissing Orton off too much and have him DQ'd for RKOing Too Much rear end or faking getting RKO'd to weasel out of a defeat.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RBX posted:

But then I would be the only foolish optimist left :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

No.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He'll be in the Money in the Bank match probably.

The curtain jerk one for an IC title shot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

But then I would be the only foolish optimist left :(

You're a Pirates fan, don't act like your optimism will last longer than 4 more months

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love Ambrose and all but was it having the Rollins feud abruptly stolen or was it his 0-10 PPV record that filled you with confidence?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
for some reason Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt main evented a PPV. remember that

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Since MITB is transferable per the official contract, I want a MITB match for a contract to challenge for the MITB contract. You know, to keep the winner on their toes.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Skaw posted:

faking getting RKO'd to weasel out of a defeat.

best possible outcome

also ambrose has been and will certainly continue to be crapped on by bad booking but i dont think its crazy to think he has a second-to-main event match on some random b ppv knowing wwe's bi-polar relationship with talent. the real insanity would be to think it will go anywhere meaningful.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 14, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Raw ratings

8 p.m. 3.69 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.79 million viewers

10 p.m. 3.53 million viewers

Can't blame college basketball this time. Lowest modern-era numbers on a non-football, non-holiday date.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

triplexpac posted:

He was in the Rumble match, that sort of counts...?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It'll be like that Powerbomb match with Nash where Rollins will fall down, get up, calmly explain to the ref that he was RKOed and win by DQ.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

RBX posted:

Ambrose was already in the main event of a ppv this year.

So was Zach Ryder and the Boogeyman, but still.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Benne posted:

Raw ratings

8 p.m. 3.69 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.79 million viewers

10 p.m. 3.53 million viewers

Can't blame college basketball this time. Lowest modern-era numbers on a non-football, non-holiday date.

Seth Rollins is a vanilla midget pulling the ratings down. Put the title on Big Show or Kane.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He main evented two last year. Hell in a Cell and TLC.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Tato posted:

Seth Rollins is a vanilla midget pulling the ratings down. Put the title on Big Show or Kane.

I've been down on WWE lately but I hope Seth doesn't get the blame. :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The Landstander posted:

I've been down on WWE lately but I hope Seth doesn't get the blame. :ohdear:

Seth went through an embarrassing scandal that would've killed most other guys, and came out of it with a prominent Jon Stewart feud and the world title. He also survived a Cena feud more or less intact. He's Teflon at this point.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tato posted:

actually kane dominated the entire broadcast so if we put the title on him more people will tune in to see his segments now that they look more important

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Skaw posted:

Rollins' dumb stip is surely going to come in to play by faking getting RKO'd to weasel out of a defeat.
Even baseball has instant replay, when is it coming to ProGraps?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Everblight posted:

Even baseball has instant replay, when is it coming to ProGraps?

Hey, instant replays would've ruined Eddie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skaw posted:

Rollins' dumb stip is surely going to come in to play either by pissing Orton off too much and have him DQ'd for RKOing Too Much rear end or faking getting RKO'd to weasel out of a defeat.

It's a cool stip but how exactly is he going to fake getting RKOed? Does he pound on the mat while the ref is blinded, then take a stomach bump while yelling RANDY IS RKOING ME? Because that's just more evidence it's a cool stip.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

You're a Pirates fan, don't act like your optimism will last longer than 4 more months
That's where all my pessimism goes, that and the Penguins

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I wonder if it being pretaped lost many viewers. Seems like a fair few people here read spoilers and didn't bother to watch the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My theory- the match ends with both men staggered. Orton leaps off the ropes with a flying nothing at Seth's back. Instinctively, Seth grabs Orton's head, realizing too late he has just delivered a DQ RKO.

• Locked thread