Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Please post your favorite Hitch quotes here to celebrate a controversial, but ultimately pretty kickin rad man.

Also O'hair was born today too, so there is that. Thanks for American Atheists!

Also this guy :confused: I guess he had a bday today too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
:firstpost:

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
Thanks to Hitchens' vast cultural influence, religion is no more and we live in a techno-utopia.

Or he died without achieving anything except making some turbonerds feel superior. Jefferson is pretty cool though.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

A Man With A Plan posted:

Thanks to Hitchens' vast cultural influence, religion is no more and we live in a techno-utopia.

Or he died without achieving anything except making some turbonerds feel superior. Jefferson is pretty cool though.

he was well spoken and a good journalist even if you put all the religious stuff aside, i think it's unfortunate that fox news introductions and internet memes made him super famous for one thing and then still barely recognized for anything else

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

extra stout posted:

he was well spoken and a good journalist even if you put all the religious stuff aside, i think it's unfortunate that fox news introductions and internet memes made him super famous for one thing and then still barely recognized for anything else

Which do you think is being celebrated here in gbs, though?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

A Man With A Plan posted:

Which do you think is being celebrated here in gbs, though?

please dont make me answer this question in a thread full of image macros

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

TIL religion is a sentient being with its own beliefs and motivations

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Three famous atheists!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

he deserved to die op

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
imagine accidentally winning "eat dinner with Christopher Hitchens and his brother for a year" and you had to do it every night

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like "I may be dying from esophageal cancer but cigarettes and booze brought great joy to my life and I don't regret a thing."

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
lol new atheism

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GBT1bGIV4

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He was also really good friends with Penn Jillette so imagine one of them loving your poop hole while the other reams your throat

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I'm glad he died

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Raider posted:

he deserved to die op

Doesn't everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU