Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

tagline shoud have been "heroes dont get any bugger"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
yes i agree op,

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've made it a tertiary career to give a gently caress about stupid-rear end superheroes and superhero movies and even I think this thread is a waste of loving time

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I bet his nemesis is Uncle Woman.

Did I make the thread worse? It's hard to tell.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
ant man has a helmet that can control ants.

how loving useless

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

if they are literally making an "ant man" movie or whatever the gently caress then I demand a live action Wacky Races movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

ant man has a helmet that can control ants.

how loving useless

Much like a dude with a bow and arrow and a limber sexy chick there is a point to having characters like this on a superhero team-- poo poo like wetworks and stealth operations being the two big ones. The obvious problem of course, is that for the big sweeping team battles these characters come across as useless as they're like bringing a hammer, screwdriver, and a compass to a building demolition. The stupid Ant-Man trailer instead tries to frame a character clearly designed for stealth operations and paint him as this conventional "save the world" hero which is ultimately not going to work.

:goonsay: as gently caress

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
no more comic movies

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Phobic Nest posted:

I bet his nemesis is Uncle Woman.

Did I make the thread worse? It's hard to tell.

Thats not bad.

:golfclap:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
isn't the movie some sort of heist thing

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

SHARTING BEAR posted:

if they are literally making an "ant man" movie or whatever the gently caress then I demand a live action Wacky Races movie

I can get behind this.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mind the walrus posted:

Much like a dude with a bow and arrow and a limber sexy chick there is a point to having characters like this on a superhero team-- poo poo like wetworks and stealth operations being the two big ones. The obvious problem of course, is that for the big sweeping team battles these characters come across as useless as they're like bringing a hammer, screwdriver, and a compass to a building demolition. The stupid Ant-Man trailer instead tries to frame a character clearly designed for stealth operations and paint him as this conventional "save the world" hero which is ultimately not going to work.

:goonsay: as gently caress
stealth operation. get ants in a dude's cupboard so when he goes to eat his crackers, they're covered in ants. haha owned shitload supervillain

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SHARTING BEAR posted:

I demand a live action Wacky Races movie

Don't think people haven't been trying.

Concerned Citizen posted:

stealth operation. get ants in a dude's cupboard so when he goes to eat his crackers, they're covered in ants. haha owned shitload supervillain

Well when your power is already as bullshit as controlling ants there's no reason you can't employ them to do more advanced poo poo, like disassemble machinery or poo poo.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've got ants in my pants

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
where do captain america, hawkeye, and black widow get off even thinking about being in the same room as thor, hulk, and iron man, is what I want to know

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Size Queen.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

quakster posted:

i've got ants in my pants

I have an ant farm. For real though I'm not even lying. I am a grown-up with an ant farm. I caught a Pogonomyrmex (red harvester ant) queen, and I made a formicarium (ant aquarium) out of an old 2 liter soda bottle. I'm a total nerd.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mind the walrus posted:

Well when your power is already as bullshit as controlling ants there's no reason you can't employ them to do more advanced poo poo, like disassemble machinery or poo poo.

honestly he'd be better off using his ant controlling helmet as an exterminator

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And Iron Man and Batman would both do a lot more good for the world if they stopped being manbabies and started using their awesome tech for civilian application. Spider-man should have sold his web fluid to 3M the day after making it. The medical applications alone would turn them into the men of the century. Now you know why there's such a thing as thematic and archetypal metaphor present in superhero stories like these.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

brizna posted:

where do captain america, hawkeye, and black widow get off even thinking about being in the same room as thor, hulk, and iron man, is what I want to know
cap can take a hit better than tony, though

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

SweetKarma posted:

I have an ant farm. For real though I'm not even lying. I am a grown-up with an ant farm. I caught a Pogonomyrmex (red harvester ant) queen, and I made a formicarium (ant aquarium) out of an old 2 liter soda bottle. I'm a total nerd.

sounds cool post pics

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
An ant isn't a bug you disgusting human filth. Something something sem-ANT-ics.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

idgi doesn't he yell 'get over here'??

i mite watch it if legolas' wife beats up the boring one from anchorman more

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
I used to not give a flying poo poo about marvel or any comic book characters really. but now that they keep shoving this awful loving garbage down our throats I loving hate marvel and comic book "heros"

What kind of retarded man baby over the age of 14 is actually buying/reading/watching this drivel? Who is the loving audience for "ant man" I had honestly never loving heard of this lovely superhero before.

I mean holy poo poo, is every single lovely marvel character going to get it's own lovely movie and then even worse reboot 3 years after that?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SHARTING BEAR posted:

sounds cool post pics

I'd post pics, but right now it's just a 2 liter bottle half filled with dirt with a black sock rolled around it and a tiny hole where the queen started digging her founding chamber. (aka the hole where she lays her eggs).

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the OP should just read "Marvel screwed up the trailer for ant man." I think it's going to be their weakest entry.

brizna posted:

Nah, Captain America has totally earned the right on the team, dude can solo attack jets. The others, yeah.

Dead Gay Romans posted:

What kind of retarded man baby over the age of 14 is actually buying/reading/watching this drivel? Who is the loving audience for "ant man" I had honestly never loving heard of this lovely superhero before.

He's most famous in comics for drinking too much and beating his wife, nearly to death with a side of attempted murder at least once, and then being a loser who hangs around banging groupie wannabe heroes after getting thrown out of the Avengers.

I don't suspect any of that will be in the movie, ever, but it would make the third Avengers movie very strange.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 14, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dead Gay Romans posted:

I used to not give a flying poo poo about marvel or any comic book characters really. but now that they keep shoving this awful loving garbage down our throats I loving hate marvel and comic book "heros"

I mean holy poo poo, is every single lovely marvel character going to get it's own lovely movie and then even worse reboot 3 years after that?

If it wasn't the Marvel movies you'd be hating on something else with equal fervor. You're not mad about these movies, you're mad about life not being what you want it to be.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

mind the walrus posted:

If it wasn't the Marvel movies you'd be hating on something else with equal fervor. You're not mad about these movies, you're mad about life not being what you want it to be.

lol nope, pretty sure I'm just mad about awful lovely marvel content all over the place. A whole lot of money time and effort wasted on terrible movies ripped from even sadder source material.

I'm sorry if you can't wrap your mind around someone being annoyed at your lovely picture books for children being shoved in their face all the time.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
should have described him as an anty hero imo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dead Gay Romans posted:

lol nope, pretty sure I'm just mad about awful lovely marvel content all over the place. A whole lot of money time and effort wasted on terrible movies ripped from even sadder source material.

I'm sorry if you can't wrap your mind around someone being annoyed at your lovely picture books for children being shoved in their face all the time.

Scrub.

If it wasn't this you'd be pissed off at Transformers or whatever dumb gay Westerns they would shove in our face in its place. The problem is you don't feel culturally dominant and are pissed off at the lowest common denominator. I get the same way when I watch CBS shows. You want to lash out then be my guest but at least have the sack to own up to crying over your pride suffering some rugburn.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

mind the walrus posted:

Scrub.

If it wasn't this you'd be pissed off at Transformers or whatever dumb gay Westerns they would shove in our face in its place. The problem is you don't feel culturally dominant and are pissed off at the lowest common denominator. I get the same way when I watch CBS shows. You want to lash out then be my guest but at least have the sack to own up to crying over your pride suffering some rugburn.

What in the ever living gently caress are you babbling about? go write your Media Arts thesis somewhere else.

You are projecting whatever weird poo poo you have going on in your dumb head onto other people.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Super Hero comics and the movies based off of them are dumb imo.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

im terrified of being cukced by ant boy, what if he did it and noone would be the wiser

he could cuck the entire world

not falling a sleep tonite. no sir

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Dead Gay Romans posted:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What can an ant do

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

lordoftheT posted:

Super Hero comics and the movies based off of them are dumb imo.

Kids and mainland Chinese seem to like them. I just wish there were more dumb and enjoyable b movie superhero movies like GHOST RIDER 1 to watch at the theater with my rowdy rear end friends

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ill take marvel movies over garbage like transformers or the expendables

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.

SHARTING BEAR posted:

They did, kinda.

Cannonball Run

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I read in Jackie Chan's autobiography about how miserable he was while filming this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

isn't jackie chan's body so wrecked now that lightly tapping his skull in the right place would probably put him in a coma? that's what i heard anyway. hosed up if true. he probably has to live in a bubble, like bubble boy.

• Locked thread