Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

is ant man the bubble boy of marvel movies??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

RideTheSpiral posted:

should have described him as an anty hero imo

lol

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

hm maybe there can be a sexy lo ve scene with ant man and the woman can say "i've had ants in my pants but this is ridiculous"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Pumroy posted:

isn't jackie chan's body so wrecked now that lightly tapping his skull in the right place would probably put him in a coma? that's what i heard anyway. hosed up if true. he probably has to live in a bubble, like bubble boy.

*kicks you through a ladder*

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

isn't jackie chan's body so wrecked now that lightly tapping his skull in the right place would probably put him in a coma? that's what i heard anyway. hosed up if true. he probably has to live in a bubble, like bubble boy.

its kind of redundant to point out that bubble boy is the the person who lives in a bubble. I mean who else would it be? porcupine man? really long fingernail girl? think, man.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

ill take marvel movies over garbage like transformers or the expendables

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Most of the Marvel movies have been good and I bet Ant Man is gonna be good.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

superhero movies are good dumb fun and rallying agaisnt them only makes you look like a contrarian human being with no friends. i say this as a person who thinks comic books are cultural cancer

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

tagline shoud have been "heroes dont get any bugger"

superheros and their buggery

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
*brings a roaring 20's mustache contest poster to show barber what I want to look like.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the wait is ogre

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
ant man has the wrong type of ant ram

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mant always was the better scientist

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I can't look at the costume without thinking "Kamen Rider"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DaveSplitter posted:

I can't look at the costume without thinking "Kamen Rider"

Have you seen the new trailer? The Yellow Jacket looks pretty cool

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Marvel should make an R rated Pip the Troll HBO series in the vein of Eastbound and Down imho

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

boom boom boom posted:

Have you seen the new trailer? The Yellow Jacket looks pretty cool

His nemesis are all going to be cooler than he is.

This bugs me most of all.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
paul rudd lol

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
u invoked the name of Paul Rudd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWX4GUYGQXQ

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Blazing Ownager posted:

He's most famous in comics for drinking too much and beating his wife, nearly to death with a side of attempted murder at least once, and then being a loser who hangs around banging groupie wannabe heroes after getting thrown out of the Avengers.

I don't suspect any of that will be in the movie, ever, but it would make the third Avengers movie very strange.

This movie's Ant-Man is Scott Lang, the wife beater Ant-Man is Hank Pym who acts as the mentor character in the movie. This way they have the option of throwing in all his awful character traits without compromising the titular hero.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
That awkward moment when Ant Man invents Ultron, and even as a villain it was his greatest achievment. And bonus points to Marvel for releasing both AoU and Ant Man at the same time with absolutely 0 connection to each other.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Dead Gay Romans posted:

What kind of retarded man baby over the age of 14 is actually buying/reading/watching this drivel?

Most of the rest of the world except for you?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

i liked some or all of those movies but he has a point, they are pretty childish

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Ah yes, the "I only like my movies as realistic as possible, I don't get suspension of disbelief!" approach.

Of course they're childish. They're also fantastical and fun.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Windows 98 posted:

And bonus points to Marvel for releasing both AoU and Ant Man at the same time with absolutely 0 connection to each other.

They're actually both set in the same universe. I bet they'll share some characters too, as both movies involve the fictional organization S.H.I.E.L.D.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Windows 98 posted:

That awkward moment when Ant Man invents Ultron, and even as a villain it was his greatest achievment. And bonus points to Marvel for releasing both AoU and Ant Man at the same time with absolutely 0 connection to each other.

WELL, this antman is not Hank Pym like someone else already said. Hank Pym invented Ultron

but that doesnt matter anyway because in Age of Ultron, Ironman invents Ultron instead. Hank Pym is just some loser nerd

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

1gnoirents posted:

i liked some or all of those movies but he has a point, they are pretty childish

I don't even OWN a TV :smug:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Disney keeps getting really good directors and actors for their superhero movies so who cares if the source material is garbage they are fun and entertaining for 2 hours.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

note i didnt say childish movies are bad ok, thats on you

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

It's ok to not like the Xmen and Spiderman movies though because those all have been pretty bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Ant man, makes me wanna rant, man.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
More like "poo poo man in a poo poo movie for shitheads" amirite?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is antman

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Zzulu posted:

This is antman

waht is ms marvel's super power?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

does ant mans suit do the shrinking/growing liek iron man or is it his body

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

waht is ms marvel's super power?

superstrength, flying and dragonball Z esque energy beams

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Zzulu posted:

This is antman

i'm think of ant man's tiny erect ant dick

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Why hasn't there been a standalone black widow movie? Seems kind of sexist IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

He's most famous in comics for drinking too much and beating his wife, nearly to death with a side of attempted murder at least once, and then being a loser who hangs around banging groupie wannabe heroes after getting thrown out of the Avengers.

I don't suspect any of that will be in the movie, ever, but it would make the third Avengers movie very strange.

I swear I read a comic (maybe an Marvel Ultimates book) where Ant Man had Wasp get small and then broke her device and threw her into an ant farm or something. I don't think she died or whatever, but it seemed really extreme and cruel and I can't remember if I really read this or if I somehow imagined it.

• Locked thread