Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
All the stuff in that show is impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

noo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Its been tricking people since it was put on the airwaves on April 10th

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

my superpower is that I'm blind but not actually blind

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

what actor would have been a better daredevil

i vote for blanche from golden girls

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Goddammit.

You could have made this thread before I blinded myself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dead Gay Romans posted:

I used to not give a flying poo poo about marvel or any comic book characters really. but now that they keep shoving this awful loving garbage down our throats I loving hate marvel and comic book "heros"

What kind of retarded man baby over the age of 14 is actually buying/reading/watching this drivel? Who is the loving audience for "ant man" I had honestly never loving heard of this lovely superhero before.

I mean holy poo poo, is every single lovely marvel character going to get it's own lovely movie and then even worse reboot 3 years after that?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jellidelic posted:

my superpower is that I'm blind but not actually blind

Now do one about $5 coffee and non-STEM degrees! Is it too late to request one about airline food or the DMV? How about women drivers and gay voices, that's always a winner!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Frankenstyle posted:

Goddammit.

You could have made this thread before I blinded myself.

I'm sorry I just didn't have time to watch it earlier

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I like violence on television and Daredevil had a lot of violence. I liked it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Otacon posted:

what actor would have been a better daredevil

i vote for blanche from golden girls

never watched the matt dillon thing but id watch that

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I like violence on television and Daredevil had a lot of violence. I liked it.

I thought the fights were really low rent bourne identity knockoffs. If he's a blinded son of a boxer with super hearing, why not fight in a super smooth and slick defensive style like Floyd Mayweather. Slip punches altogether, bob and weave, rather than chop chop chop chop DNA ALTERED SPY style

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

haha what an angry lil dude

where is this dork let's throw stuff at him

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

Dead Gay Romans posted:

flying poo poo awful loving garbage down our throats I loving hate retarded man baby age of 14 drivel? loving audience loving hear lovely superhero

holy poo poo lovely marvel character lovely movie and then even worse

jesus christ

im going to tell your parents you took their credit card to make swearposts on pay to post forums and i hope they send you back to juvie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've made super-embarrassing effort posts about retard poo poo like Indiana Jones and Watchmen over the years and even I think that dude needs to unclench regardless of whether or not he's a gimmick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dejan Bimble posted:

All the stuff in that show is impossible

:wth::wth::wth:

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

I thought the fights were really low rent bourne identity knockoffs. If he's a blinded son of a boxer with super hearing, why not fight in a super smooth and slick defensive style like Floyd Mayweather. Slip punches altogether, bob and weave, rather than chop chop chop chop DNA ALTERED SPY style

hes the blinded son of an IRISH boxer, getting punched retarded every night is very accurate

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cherryburst posted:

hes the blinded son of an IRISH boxer, getting punched retarded every night is very accurate

If he's Irish, the punches don't even matter.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

If he's Irish, the punches don't even matter.

He makes a Catholic joke to this effect actually.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

He makes a Catholic joke to this effect actually.

Just because all Catholics support organized paedophilia doesn't mean they're mentally retarded.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cherryburst posted:

That's cold, but very true. Here's the Gatti Ward trilogy for anyone interested in watching a recorded fight after learning about the existence of what is called fighting from the netflix original series Marvel's Daredevil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go326VTJijI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-teXzP-2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPMOr3YMaD0

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just because all Catholics support organized paedophilia doesn't mean they're mentally retarded.

Hey I'm Catholic and mentally retarded but I don't support paedo

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

BUT IT HELPS!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly I've been bored during the scenes that aren't fighting because a lot of this Marvel poo poo is old hat to me and while Daredevil's casting, direction, and even writing are genuinely good it's also one of those "read one gritty Daredevil saga, read them all" issues. I mean yeah I'm glad they made a faithful adaptation that gets the appeal of Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker's Daredevil comics but I'm also constantly waiting for some Mark Waid levity to not balk at the "grit" the series keeps wearing on its sleeve like a badge of honor because even when I was 14 and seeing this poo poo for the very first time it got old pretty quick.

The fight scenes are pretty legit even if movie snobs aren't going to shut the gently caress up about Oldboy and The Raid whenever anyone praises them, and I'm impressed to find out there's a real-life counterpart to Daredevil's fight scenes that any layman can enjoy for himself. Hopefully Marvel does interesting things with this new form of athleticism in the future.

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
if you want really good fight scenes on your television watch banshee it's like daredevil except instead of blind powers the dude has ex con powers like fighting dirty and loving real hard

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It makes me mad that daredevil broke my ribs with his eskrima baton when I was trying to steal the money from the bank's vault

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dr qq posted:

if you want really good fight scenes on your television watch banshee it's like daredevil except instead of blind powers the dude has ex con powers like fighting dirty and loving real hard

It's awesome

It's like the spiritual successor to spartacus tv show

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's awesome

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's like the spiritual successor to spartacus tv show

Pick one.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

let me tell you about this thing that's better than the thing you like...

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
if you like thing you might like other thing

if you think the fight choreography in daredevil is gritty and violent, well you might like another show that does the same thing but without twirly little gay flippity acrobatics

here you go this is not even the best fight scene in banshee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Superheroes and comic books. I'm a grown man. SUPERHEROES AND COMIC BOOKS!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

If you dont like revenge and guys fighting then you might be a redneck

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you dont like revenge and guys fighting then you might be a redneck

My neck is perfectly pale and fat thank you very much.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Superheroes and comic books. I'm a grown man. SUPERHEROES AND COMIC BOOKS!

When you've visited the 7th Circle of Sonic Fandom even as a curious anthropologist, it redefines your scale.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr qq posted:

if you like thing you might like other thing

if you think the fight choreography in daredevil is gritty and violent, well you might like another show that does the same thing but without twirly little gay flippity acrobatics

here you go this is not even the best fight scene in banshee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4
if you're not pulling off a flip or three every time you jump or kick, what is even the point? please take your min-maxed implausible fight choreography elsewhere, in gbs it's pirouettes or bust

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Watching Donofrio or whatever ham it up is the only reason I'm watching it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My favorite part is when he uses his arrows to solve crimes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dejan Bimble posted:

He wasn't trained in boxing, his dad never taught him to box because he didn't want him to fight, they say that like a thousand times. He was trained in whatever martial art Stick uses.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I'm pretty impressed with the show. There's a hell of a lot of action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Daredevil's superpower is that he's a lawyer.

Those who can successfully apply their education to help people are the real heroes.

• Locked thread