Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
More extra content? Let's play a doujin beat 'em up based on a strategy RPG series. I'm sure this isn't the only time that's happened.

Utawarerumono Battle

Up next will be another main video, starring a beloved quartet of weird green dudes.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Could have tried the sequels, Brawl Brothers and The Peacekeepers. Problem was, they were butchered in the Western translation as all three of them were a series known as "Rushing Beat" in Japan. The third one actually has some nice ideas with branching paths with multiple different endings, but the gameplay still isn't great.

[Tuff E Nuff] was [a fighting game], and as with Rival Turf, you could cheese your way to victory against the AI. Pick Vortz, do the Iron Claw grab, walk up, mash the command again, grab, repeat. It doesn't work 100% of the time, and it doesn't work at all on the ninja, Shirou, but against him you can spam Vortz's shoulder charge and he can't punish it in time.

I think Rushing Beat Ran and Rushing Beat Shura are more enjoyable than Rival Turf!, at any rate. They're also much better than many early attempts at following Final Fight's formula in general, including Final Fight 2 itself.

Aces High posted:

There are certainly quite a few games being covered in here. I never actually knew Beat 'Em Ups were such a lucrative genre, I only ever knew of Streets of Rage and Final Fight. I suppose Maximum Carnage too and whichever Ninja Turtles game was on the Genesis as well.

Just how big, and for that matter, and long did the genre get?

Hyperstone Heist was on the Genesis, and it was an enhanced port of Turtles in Time for the SNES.

There are a lot more beat 'em ups than one would expect, but still a lot less than I'd like. They never became as popular as fighting games or platformers, that's for sure. Their most popular time period was the early 90s, with a lot of games being released either to compete with or build upon Final Fight. The most well-known examples were really just FF, Streets of Rage, and yeah, the turtles. Nearly half of the 90s beat 'em up library came from licensed games, even in Japan. Some were surprisingly good, some didn't really treat the genre with respect, but almost all of them were forgotten.

When the late 90s and 2000s rolled around, beat 'em ups hit the transition to 3d a lot worse than most genres, because I assume there simply weren't enough people interested in developing such a niche concept while struggling with a new dimension. The earliest examples of 3d beat 'em ups I can think of are titles like Lucifer Ring, Gekido, Fighting Force, and uh... Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue. The idea of a 3d beat 'em up was kind of brushed off and laughed at, with no beat 'em ups appearing on the 64 at all (save for a port of Fighting Force), and the genre as a whole getting more and more niche.

Then the PS2 happened, and the quantity of games being made exploded. Everyone wanted a piece of the PS2, and it eventually grew to have a library of over 3000 games. There are probably more worthwhile beat 'em ups on the PS2 than on any other system to date, though a large quantity of them were entirely unavailable in America, understandably due to a lack of interest in the genre here. The release of Urban Reign, Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance, and Final Fight Streetwise so closely together didn't do a lot of favors for its reputation. America also didn't seem to care too much for the musou (Dynasty Warriors) series. That didn't stop us from getting great titles like God Hand, thankfully. And while I'm not the biggest fan of God of War, it did pave way for a lot of other games I enjoy much more.

Seventh gen and onward, the best examples of beat 'em ups come from Platinum Games, who seem to have an undying fascination for them. Contrary to a lot of other Japanese action titles (see the musou games), their games are thoroughly challenging. Even Platinum's Legend of Korra game brings new ideas to the genre, and offers a lot of insane challenges for masochists like myself.

There's also a community dedicated to making freeware beat 'em ups with the OpenBOR engine, though most of them use assets from other games and are of very questionable quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, the 16 but era was really the golden age of beat em ups. It really surprises me just how few there really are on the nes in the us. I mean, you have solid genre staples like the double dragon and kunio-kun serieses, whose US titles make up seven games (I'm counting Battletoads as part of double dragon)? And the only other real ones I can think of are either punch-line games like Bad Dudes or Bad Street Brawler, or else you can kinda argue a lot of grey area games that are more platformers than brawlers, especially like, movie and tv tie ins. Like most developers couldn't resist turning even something dumb like Rollergames into about navigating death pits as much as about kicking dudes. Mighty Final Fight was like the only "pure" beat em up made after the Double Dragon series to hit the US.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Die Hard Arcade was an exceptional (and early, I guess?) 3D beat-em 'up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Join me in my depression as we check out the first entry in Jaleco's beat 'em up series.

Rival Turf!

The ability to beat the game with mostly just jump-attacks made this feel like the beat-em-up version of Rise of the Robots.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, the 16 but era was really the golden age of beat em ups. It really surprises me just how few there really are on the nes in the us. I mean, you have solid genre staples like the double dragon and kunio-kun serieses, whose US titles make up seven games (I'm counting Battletoads as part of double dragon)? And the only other real ones I can think of are either punch-line games like Bad Dudes or Bad Street Brawler, or else you can kinda argue a lot of grey area games that are more platformers than brawlers, especially like, movie and tv tie ins. Like most developers couldn't resist turning even something dumb like Rollergames into about navigating death pits as much as about kicking dudes. Mighty Final Fight was like the only "pure" beat em up made after the Double Dragon series to hit the US.

There... there is Toxic Crusaders on the NES.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
In the Tomoyo beatemup, do the other characters have other animations? I'm really loving how she does a german suplex for throws and an elbow drop for down attacks.

But to add to the history discussion. I think beatemups were so popular at the time because it offered another dimension to games that were normally only 2d at the time. They lasted for a while due to what I guess was ease of creating them and the large detailed sprites that home consoles couldn't compete with. It also let a lot of companies make a lot of licensed games, but the lack of innovation in a lot of them both killed the genre over time or move onto other genres. Also, during the transition to the 3d era, there was probably massive slowdown trying to render multiple models. I can only imagine the slowdown if you tried to get 5 models on screen in the original virtua fighter.

I can't help but imagine that Capcom and konami saw the writing on the wall way back when just due to how successful Street Fighter 2 was. That led them to always make sure the games focused on probably the strongest aspect of the genre, coop. Rival Turf really illustrates the point though that there needs to be enough mechanics to be interesting to play, but if we ever get to Sengoku 3 or the other Sengoku games, there's also a point where the mechanics can rub up against fighting games so much that it becomes frustrating to play.

Which is why I really why I think the genre died. As a pure beatemup, it's often not mechanically interesting to keep a single player interested which is why we always saw things like platforming sections, too technologically difficult (at the time) to keep up graphically, or too difficult mechanically for most players to get.

Course, even saying all this, I freaking love the genre. The problem is, capcom seemed to be one of the few companies that really understood the genre and tried to innovate via more mechanics in different ways, but not making it that much more difficult to play. The best examples are the D&D arcade games, Battle Circuit, and Aliens vs. Predator. The real joke is, by the time Konami really understood the genre with Violent Storm, it was via making a love letter to genre itself. Still, you can see how the genre exists in some form today with character action games, platformers with more in depth combat mechanics, and how they influenced fighting games.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

There... there is Toxic Crusaders on the NES.

As a citizen of Tromaville, I'm ashamed I overlooked that one. You're right, aside from the boss fights, it's very much in the shape of a beat em up, with not very much in the way of platforming. It's also balls hard just because everything in it is a bullet-sponge. Trying to think of other side scrollers, especially cheap cash-ins, they all seem to much more follow whatever you'd call Contra and Castlevania and stuff from those days, of hopping platforms, or focusing on being a shootmans.

I really hope you do a full playthrough of SOME of the NES ones. I'd especially like to see someone do well in Renegade.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Or P.O.W.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

PBnJamo posted:

In the Tomoyo beatemup, do the other characters have other animations? I'm really loving how she does a german suplex for throws and an elbow drop for down attacks.

But to add to the history discussion. I think beatemups were so popular at the time because it offered another dimension to games that were normally only 2d at the time. They lasted for a while due to what I guess was ease of creating them and the large detailed sprites that home consoles couldn't compete with. It also let a lot of companies make a lot of licensed games, but the lack of innovation in a lot of them both killed the genre over time or move onto other genres. Also, during the transition to the 3d era, there was probably massive slowdown trying to render multiple models. I can only imagine the slowdown if you tried to get 5 models on screen in the original virtua fighter.

I can't help but imagine that Capcom and konami saw the writing on the wall way back when just due to how successful Street Fighter 2 was. That led them to always make sure the games focused on probably the strongest aspect of the genre, coop. Rival Turf really illustrates the point though that there needs to be enough mechanics to be interesting to play, but if we ever get to Sengoku 3 or the other Sengoku games, there's also a point where the mechanics can rub up against fighting games so much that it becomes frustrating to play.

Which is why I really why I think the genre died. As a pure beatemup, it's often not mechanically interesting to keep a single player interested which is why we always saw things like platforming sections, too technologically difficult (at the time) to keep up graphically, or too difficult mechanically for most players to get.

Course, even saying all this, I freaking love the genre. The problem is, capcom seemed to be one of the few companies that really understood the genre and tried to innovate via more mechanics in different ways, but not making it that much more difficult to play. The best examples are the D&D arcade games, Battle Circuit, and Aliens vs. Predator. The real joke is, by the time Konami really understood the genre with Violent Storm, it was via making a love letter to genre itself. Still, you can see how the genre exists in some form today with character action games, platformers with more in depth combat mechanics, and how they influenced fighting games.

Well said.

Choco1980 posted:

As a citizen of Tromaville, I'm ashamed I overlooked that one. You're right, aside from the boss fights, it's very much in the shape of a beat em up, with not very much in the way of platforming. It's also balls hard just because everything in it is a bullet-sponge. Trying to think of other side scrollers, especially cheap cash-ins, they all seem to much more follow whatever you'd call Contra and Castlevania and stuff from those days, of hopping platforms, or focusing on being a shootmans.

I really hope you do a full playthrough of SOME of the NES ones. I'd especially like to see someone do well in Renegade.

I will play some NES beat 'em ups, but many of them rub me the wrong way. Like you mentioned, the punching dudes is often interrupted by painfully difficult platforming.

All of SNK's beat 'em ups.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Village Monk has generously decided to contribute his playthrough of the Atari ST version of Double Dragon.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Having just played a bit of Hyperstone Heist in-between practicing Turtles in Time, I apologize for calling Hyperstone Heist an enhanced port. It is incredibly repetitive and dull compared to the game it is based on, due to changes in the level design and enemy placement.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Rival Turf was one of a number of games I bought just because I read about it in a cheats guide. The best thing about it was entering CHRCONF on the high score screen, and getting to rename all the characters. I have fond memories of playing through this with a friend as the dynamic duo of Wanker and M. Bison. Ah, to be 12 years old again.

Be sure to show off the secret room in Level 4 when you get there (you can enter a certain door in the background of the first section if you haven't used a continue, I think). It's rather pointless and quite weird, and led me to believe there had to be more hidden stuff in the game somewhere.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Having just played a bit of Hyperstone Heist in-between practicing Turtles in Time, I apologize for calling Hyperstone Heist an enhanced port. It is incredibly repetitive and dull compared to the game it is based on, due to changes in the level design and enemy placement.

I remember playing it as a kid and thinking it was cool and fun, and then I played it again about 10 years later (maybe it was 12, whatever) and said to myself "oh wow this is kinda boring :geno:"

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

Rival Turf was one of a number of games I bought just because I read about it in a cheats guide. The best thing about it was entering CHRCONF on the high score screen, and getting to rename all the characters. I have fond memories of playing through this with a friend as the dynamic duo of Wanker and M. Bison. Ah, to be 12 years old again.

Be sure to show off the secret room in Level 4 when you get there (you can enter a certain door in the background of the first section if you haven't used a continue, I think). It's rather pointless and quite weird, and led me to believe there had to be more hidden stuff in the game somewhere.

I think you might find this interesting.

Aces High posted:

I remember playing it as a kid and thinking it was cool and fun, and then I played it again about 10 years later (maybe it was 12, whatever) and said to myself "oh wow this is kinda boring :geno:"

It's odd, as it was made after Turtles in Time, and they had means and time to improve on it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hyperstone Heist was one of those ports-but-not-really-a-port where they randomly changed things and added content from other games with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes there were hardware or contractual issues that stopped devs from doing straight ports but a lot of time they'd change things for the sake of offering something new, or because the team working on the "port" had opinions about what would be best or whatever. Incompetence was also a factor, of course.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hyperstone Heist was one of those ports-but-not-really-a-port where they randomly changed things and added content from other games with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes there were hardware or contractual issues that stopped devs from doing straight ports but a lot of time they'd change things for the sake of offering something new, or because the team working on the "port" had opinions about what would be best or whatever. Incompetence was also a factor, of course.

It had some positives. The enemies are more aggressive, the animations are smoother. It's just so very dull, though.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Just took a chance on a Steam game called "Kung Fu Strike". I've only played around 70 minutes, but it's already one of my new favorites. It has a ton of design trademarks from Platinum Games, and it's brutally challenging. It's only 99 cents until June 1st, and it has a demo. At least go try it if you have the time!

"A good arena-based brawler. The controls are simple but for a reason: It's actually a semi-rhythm game in disguise, the flow of combat is key and focus."

I couldn't put it better.

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 28, 2015

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Just took a chance on a Steam game called "Kung Fu Strike". I've only played around 70 minutes, but it's already one of my new favorites. It has a ton of design trademarks from Platinum Games, and it's brutally challenging. It's only 99 cents until June 1st, and it has a demo. At least go try it if you have the time!

"A good arena-based brawler. The controls are simple but for a reason: It's actually a semi-rhythm game in disguise, the flow of combat is key and focus."

I couldn't put it better.

Honestly don't know why it's gotten only mixed reviews. Like the thing is pretty solid and it's sorta simple sure, but there's depth in the simplicity.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I dunno. I tried it and I couldn't get into it past a big arena fight against all the bosses thus far. Could be I just don't have the rhythm.

Which is weird because I loving love rhythm games.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Rollersnake posted:

Weird, I vaguely remember my friends using the same names. M.Bison is obvious, but Wanker, not so much. You didn't live in Scotland, did you?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zain posted:

Honestly don't know why it's gotten only mixed reviews. Like the thing is pretty solid and it's sorta simple sure, but there's depth in the simplicity.

A lot of the game depends on attentiveness and reflex, which seems to put people off who just can't follow it.

dscruffy1 posted:

I dunno. I tried it and I couldn't get into it past a big arena fight against all the bosses thus far. Could be I just don't have the rhythm.

Which is weird because I loving love rhythm games.

That sounds decently far, though.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I was playing X-Men on the 360 and...wow, that doesn't hold up at all when you don't have the giant multiplayer going. It'd be fun if we could all get together a video of that though (except I wouldn't know where to begin).

Scott Pilgrim holds up better. Or I might be biased since it's like the world's biggest love letter to River City Ransom.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I was playing X-Men on the 360 and...wow, that doesn't hold up at all when you don't have the giant multiplayer going. It'd be fun if we could all get together a video of that though (except I wouldn't know where to begin).

Scott Pilgrim holds up better. Or I might be biased since it's like the world's biggest love letter to River City Ransom.

I have both on the 360. If we ever want a giant game going of either, count me in.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

I think you might find this interesting.

Huh, neat. I didn't know the game sent you to that room when it entered an error state. I never had that happen—I just got there through the door in Level 4. Someone in the comments mentions you need exactly 30 kills to enter the room—which would explain why it rarely worked for me. Plus the "warp" just takes you to the next section of the same level, which is pretty much worthless.

I've never seen what happens if you don't destroy the statue in time (when you access the room the legit way), and there doesn't seem to be a video of this on YouTube.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Rollersnake posted:

Huh, neat. I didn't know the game sent you to that room when it entered an error state. I never had that happen—I just got there through the door in Level 4. Someone in the comments mentions you need exactly 30 kills to enter the room—which would explain why it rarely worked for me. Plus the "warp" just takes you to the next section of the same level, which is pretty much worthless.

I've never seen what happens if you don't destroy the statue in time (when you access the room the legit way), and there doesn't seem to be a video of this on YouTube.

I wonder why they would bother with such a specific secret.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom

Let's take a look at a completely average 3d beat 'em up/platformer which inexplicably contains motion controls for an absurdly minor segment.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Nightmare Creatures

Do you like hitting things with a stick? Do you like hitting scary things with a stick? Do you like Demo Discs? Do you like extra content while people stall for their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle videos? I really, really hope so.

Up next, a much more traditional (and actually side-scrolling) 3D beat 'em up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nightmare Creatures

Do you like hitting things with a stick? Do you like hitting scary things with a stick? Do you like Demo Discs? Do you like extra content while people stall for their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle videos? I really, really hope so.

Haha, I had that same demo disc back in my PS1 days. I played it way, way too much.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Nightmare Creatures

I used to own the N64 version of this game :saddowns:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom

Let's take a look at a completely average 3d beat 'em up/platformer which inexplicably contains motion controls for an absurdly minor segment.

I was barely watching this one until the Ice Lion part and I recognised the voice giving the description of it immediately, and it belongs to possibly one of the most impressive humans to ever live. Brian Blessed. He's probably best known as an actor, in particular his role as Prince Vultan in Flash Gordon (notably the line "Gordon's alive?"), along with a lot of major theatre performances, due to his incredible voice (both sound and volume) and acting abilities.

However, when you look at his other accomplishments, this is where it gets interesting. Here are some of them:

He has attempted to climb Everest several times, with him having to stop on one occasion because one of their fellow climbers was taken ill and would have died had they not stopped. He holds the record for the oldest man to get to 28,500ft without oxygen though.
He is the oldest man to reach both the North Pole and the North Magnetic Pole.
He survived a plane crash during an expedition to the jungles of Venezuela.
He is friends with the Dalai Lama and has boxed with him.
He is a black belt in judo.
He was a paratrooper in the army.
He has completed over 800 hours of space training and is a fully trained cosmonaut, making him the number one civilian reserve to visit the International Space Station.
He has over 2000 pets.

And that's just some of them. He is an amazing man, and also a very funny one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP11L9jRW94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwuw6Z33018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaIhX7llVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkGIpmrYJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHKcJE8fdDM

The last one is blocked in my country, but I know the story well. Anyway, sorry for the thread derail, but you were wondering who he was, and there you go.

Hoss Corncave fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 6, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Those demo discs were awesome. The first level of Parapa, the first level of Ace Combat, the first town in Xenogears. Who needed actual games?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. Tough posted:

I STILL own this for the N64, I got to the last level and ran out of lives, because I didn't have a memory pak

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Dr. Tough posted:

I'm very, very sorry.

Aces High posted:

I STILL own this for the N64, I got to the last level and ran out of lives, because I didn't have a memory pak

I am baffled at the surprisingly large amount of people who bought the game for the 64. It wasn't even advertised.

Hoss Corncave posted:

I was barely watching this one until the Ice Lion part and I recognised the voice giving the description of it immediately, and it belongs to possibly one of the most impressive humans to ever live. Brian Blessed. He's probably best known as an actor, in particular his role as Prince Vultan in Flash Gordon (notably the line "Gordon's alive?"), along with a lot of major theatre performances, due to his incredible voice (both sound and volume) and acting abilities.

However, when you look at his other accomplishments, this is where it gets interesting. Here are some of them:

He has attempted to climb Everest several times, with him having to stop on one occasion because one of their fellow climbers was taken ill and would have died had they not stopped. He holds the record for the oldest man to get to 28,500ft without oxygen though.
He is the oldest man to reach both the North Pole and the North Magnetic Pole.
He survived a plane crash during an expedition to the jungles of Venezuela.
He is friends with the Dalai Lama and has boxed with him.
He is a black belt in judo.
He was a paratrooper in the army.
He has completed over 800 hours of space training and is a fully trained cosmonaut, making him the number one civilian reserve to visit the International Space Station.
He has over 2000 pets.

And that's just some of them. He is an amazing man, and also a very funny one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP11L9jRW94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwuw6Z33018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isaIhX7llVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkGIpmrYJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHKcJE8fdDM

The last one is blocked in my country, but I know the story well. Anyway, sorry for the thread derail, but you were wondering who he was, and there you go.

I'll be watching those videos. Does he just agree to voice act for anything someone asks? I don't think The Lost Kingdom was terribly high budget.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I am baffled at the surprisingly large amount of people who bought the game for the 64. It wasn't even advertised.

Pretty much every game I had for N64 was randomly bought from Babbage's or EB because I thought the cover looked cool.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I own it because my cousin got it from a yard sale when he bought his N64 and when he sold the 64 he gave the games to me; he also got Deadly Arts with it. God we wasted waaaaaaay too much time playing that game

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Brian Blessed's wikipedia page lists him as doing voice work for eleven video games. Four of those are Invizimals games.

Maybe he knows the developers?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Rock Zombie

Let's smash some zombies! Only with, like, less than half that much enthusiasm.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Currently dealing with an ear infection, because it seems things can't ever stop happening to my equipment or body, but I'll hopefully be uploading again within the week. I do have other videos already recorded, but they sadly aren't for this thread.

Thank you everyone for being so patient, and again I am very sorry that my body is poopy and dumb.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Rock Zombie

Let's smash some zombies! Only with, like, less than half that much enthusiasm.

I think I got a press kit for this game around the time it was coming out.

The website looked shady as hell and I'm not sure how they found me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

I think I got a press kit for this game around the time it was coming out.

The website looked shady as hell and I'm not sure how they found me.

It's just one guy, I think, unless you mean the publisher found you.

• Locked thread