Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I went to a band camp for a couple years. It was held at a local university during the summer and honestly it was pretty awesome. Since it was at the university we would stay in empty dorm rooms on campus which was amazing for me as a middle schooler/freshmen in high school. There were boy floors and girl floors and it was always fun sneaking into the girls rooms. I had the same floor counselor for the two years I went and he was an older bald guy who brought a TV and just stayed locked up in his room watching TV all night. As long as you did not get louder than his TV he seriously did not care what went on.

Since it was band camp we would spend a couple hours a day practicing for a concert at the end of the week but besides that we mostly spent time goofing off around the campus. In the evenings they would have events planned for us, the biggest one was the dance on the last night of camp. It was always filled with awkward camp romance and lots and lots of tears. The first year I went was the first time I danced with a girl!

Probably the best thing about the camp was we could go to the student union any time we wanted and there was a pretty awesome arcade there that had Soul Calibur. I still remember my friend's girl friend being a beast at the game and at one point she won over 30 fights in a row with Knightmare.

Honestly, it was a pretty fun experience but I just did it for one week for a couple summers in a row. Not for sure how I would have liked doing it much more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread