Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One of the things I occasionally regret never doing was going to some cool summer camp as a kid. Basically I didn't give a gently caress at the time because I was a nerd and also a pussy about not wanting to be away from home. My only experience about those camps comes from TV shows and movies. You know the ones, with the cool camp activities by the lake, rad counselors, comfy cabins, staying up late watching scary movies, and coming back every year to see all your summer friends again. Or in Law and Order SVU where they are all rape centers. So what as summer camp like for you? Was it a fun filled adventure that gave you memories to last a lifetime or was it overpriced garbage that drove your family into the poor house?

I've been to several and you have some pretty big misconceptions going on. Cool camp activities were boring as gently caress, the counselors were mainly playing grabass with eachother, there were no movies and the cabins were insect infested hellholes, oh and the beds were uncomfortable and pooping was an adventure. The zipline was fun. I had more fun doing traditional camping because then I chose my daily activities, set my own hours, and my tent was far more insect/vermin proof than some lovely unmaintained cabin out in the woods.

The entire point of these summer camps isn't fun for the kids, it's fun for the parents because they can gently caress in every room of the house while you are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread