Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterfowl
Apr 18, 2005
I went to traditional sleepaway camp a couple times (woods, swimming, hiking, dodgeball, insensitive native american mascots) as well as jesusy camps and nerd camps(debate camp, couple summers at college in high school to study/research).

Most of the ones I did were free or low cost so I don't remember there being a financial issue. I just remember camp as being tons of fun regardless of the subject(even church camp was a ton of fun).
I especially liked the high school subject specific camps(maybe just because they were longer) which were basically like freshman year of college without the booze. Lots of kids away from home who don't know anyone either and have something in common with you(they're at nerd camp too) and you spend 24 hours a day together so I made some very close friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread