Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I was sent into the Carolinas. Pretty cool camp, smoked my first cig, heard my first Black Flag song on a cassette tape in the woods. Learned I was bizarrely gifted with anything involving ballistics. Arrows, bullets, whatever. I didn't even like guns and still don't. Played lacrosse for the first time and sucked at it. There was a stream where we would catch crawfish, once I caught the king of all crawdads, this thing was like 5 inches long and bright red. We had awkward dances with the girls' camp from down the road. Most of our counselors were UK guys on some sort of exchange program, and in retrospect they were loving awesome. They took every chance to sneak off and get hammered, but were really good sports about being stranded in the wilderness with a bunch of kids making fun of their accents. Every now and then, they'd try to get a cricket game going and we would just gently caress it all up.

Best memory was a bunch of the kids going on a random hike up into the hills with a couple counselors, ostensibly to find some abandoned mine or farmstead. We actually found the thing. It was by accident. We sat down to rest and realized we were sitting on some very worn down but clearly manmade stone walls, so old that we had to claw the dirt away to see what they were. That was really cool.

I hated it at the time though, because there weren't any video games. There should be summer camp for grownups. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread