Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Pendent posted:

I'm 24 and getting married in a week with a kid on the way and a pretty sweet job. I feel pretty ok about life, honestly.

yea.. i remember that.... hah. enjoy it, kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Don't worry op, your friends can lose it all in the blink of an eye.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Idiot Kicker posted:

My job is fine, I wouldn't mind being married but I am not presumptuous enough (or cruel enough) to pass my genetics on to some poor child

Hey cool, that's also what I tell myself to make the pain stop

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Pendent posted:

I'm 24 and getting married in a week with a kid on the way and a pretty sweet job. I feel pretty ok about life, honestly.

Except you're getting married at 24 lmao.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Squiggle posted:

Hey cool, that's also what I tell myself to make the pain stop

I am soul crushingly single, that is true

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

*chews pistol*

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm 28 and cannot imagine a point in time in the next 10 years where marriage would sound like a good idea

Varg fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 16, 2015

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
If you are a cold hearted goon with nothing but indifference in your heart for societal norms getting married is still worth it for the tax breaks alone.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

If you are a cold hearted goon with nothing but indifference in your heart for societal norms getting married is still worth it for the tax breaks alone.

Actually, if you are said goon, you'll probably get divorced and lose a lot of money.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
No MAAM

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LethalGeek posted:

I drink alone frequently as all my friends are too busy with their families to really have time to do the things we used to

this but no friends at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
welp its pagre five let me write 5,thousand words about how i will die alone and unloved

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

C. Everett Koop posted:

welp its pagre five let me write 5,thousand words about how i will die alone and unloved

Why bother? That was already implied.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Mixodorian posted:

Reminder to heady old goons who feel like marriage and kids is some magical thing, most marriages end in divorce and that seems like it is not worth it. Everyone wishes they could find their soul mate to some extent but most people can't and most marriages are just wishful farces TBH. I'm 23 pretend I'm your inner younger self and listen to me.

most of the songs and paintings in the world are pretty poo poo but people keep trying and good ones still get made.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
here's some good advice, marry someone who's your best friend, not your booty call.

and kids are nonstop entertainment. its like starring in a whacky sitcom where you get to adlib along.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
No wife, no kids, I'm actually really good looking and married women flirt with me every single day. lol at sad goons, I'm not even in shape. Also I'm broke as gently caress.

Also, if you think having children is a good idea, you're either psychotic, ignorant, wealthy, or self-obsessed

When i find out someone's a parent, I find out they're dumb as gently caress

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Like I said, single people have the time to amass massive amounts of Xbox achievements to list in your obituary!

Also you'll never get old and always be attractive so it's all good, if you change your mind you can get married any time and it will never be too late.

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
*reads thread title* Yospos bitch

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GORDON posted:

Like I said, single people have the time to amass massive amounts of Xbox achievements to list in your obituary!

Also you'll never get old and always be attractive so it's all good, if you change your mind you can get married any time and it will never be too late.

You get more Xbox Achievements if you have your kids help you get them.

Especially the multiplayer ones.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't care that some goons can't trick someone into mating with them, but it does bug me that smart people don't reproduce much any more and the future belongs to mormons and catholics and rednecks and poor single women with 6 kids and 6 baby daddies.

I wish more smart people would reproduce.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Gay marriage is better because you can't have kids unless you're super rich and really bored.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GORDON posted:

I honestly don't care that some goons can't trick someone into mating with them, but it does bug me that smart people don't reproduce much any more and the future belongs to mormons and catholics and rednecks and poor single women with 6 kids and 6 baby daddies.

it's ok you can say black people here

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GORDON posted:

The future belongs to death

are you really trying to say some kind of idiocracy is plausible? The smarts will always have an advantage over the dumbs. Are you dumb urself? Also poor single women with 83 kids arent' nesiccairly in the dumbs catagory, although there are quite a few that are.

it doesn't matter. quintessence of dust, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

psyopmonkey posted:

no kids, no spouse, and I have a cute cat.

psyopmonkey posted:

I dont even have a relationship right now, so kids probably arnt happening.

no human wants to have a relationship with you? weeeeeeeeeiiiiiird.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

burritolingus posted:

Also you forgot "still living at Mommy and Daddy's home" although that won't be true once my Youtube career finally takes off.

holy poo poo you are my cousin

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

psyopmonkey posted:

I slept in till 10.

I have one class today. Its in 6 hours.

Im 28, financially stable, no kids, no spouse, and I have a cute cat.

I think I win.

mhmm

self delusion is growing

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

This is absolutely true. It is all fine and good to not be married under 27 (in fact it should be encouraged), but once you hit your mid 30s it is safe to say that anyone who isn't married or in a serious relationship gives off "damaged goods" vibes to some degree or another.

lol at getting married before or at 30 the time a man's career takes off and he has endless pussy thrown at him

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Top City Homo posted:

lol at getting married before or at 30 the time a man's career takes off and he has endless pussy thrown at him

So true! I got married at 27, no regrets, but being 31 now and having an ok job I'm throwing off pussy left and right...almost all of it being from girls in their early early early 20s too. Puts a smile on my face at least.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tyson Tomko posted:

So true! I got married at 27, no regrets, but being 31 now and having an ok job I'm throwing off pussy left and right...almost all of it being from girls in their early early early 20s too. Puts a smile on my face at least.

so many divorces happened to my friends at this exact time

dudes dumping their wives with kids to get at some new strange

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Being single during the peak tinder era is great. Women usually do a first meet assessment, and gently caress on the second meet.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Bring single at 30 rules. If I had a wife or kids I couldn't realistically kill myself with sleeping pills because it would be selfish.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
lmao i am going to marry at the height of my earning power and put off my dreams for 20+ years right as I have the earning power to do them

here I go

loving lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ProperCoochie posted:

No wife, no kids, I'm actually really good looking and married women flirt with me every single day. lol at sad goons, I'm not even in shape. Also I'm broke as gently caress.

Also, if you think having children is a good idea, you're either psychotic, ignorant, wealthy, or self-obsessed

When i find out someone's a parent, I find out they're dumb as gently caress

goons.txt

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice

Top City Homo posted:

lmao i am going to marry at the height of my earning power and put off my dreams for 20+ years right as I have the earning power to do them

here I go

loving lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I turned 32 a couple of months ago and am still single and childless. My life is a mind-numbing cycle of work, home, sleep, repeat with no meaning, goal or real purpose.

But hey, i get to play a videogames any time i want so i guess i'm living the goon dream by the looks of things

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

oh god I am sad. someone please touch me.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
This is me in every thread. :smith:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

psyopmonkey posted:

Ill adopt. Maybe. Probably not.

I dont even have a relationship right now, so kids probably arnt happening.

please don't.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

oh god I am sad. someone please touch me.

Go get a hooker you cheap gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

spudsbuckley posted:

I turned 32 a couple of months ago and am still single and childless. My life is a mind-numbing cycle of work, home, sleep, repeat with no meaning, goal or real purpose.

But hey, i get to play a videogames any time i want so i guess i'm living the goon dream by the looks of things

get a hobby outdoors

• Locked thread