Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Barbe Rouge posted:

Maddox told her that people think she's incompetent ("doesn't know how to get things done"). He's sadface-walking down the hallway because he knows he hosed up his interview for the VP spot.

I could have used a nice "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit" as he walked down the hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I guess we could all eat pussy all day long, too, right?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

We used to call her Ames for shoractually that's long for Amy.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Also Richard's own little 'No' after being refused a handshake.

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence

Sakarja posted:

Catherine is always the highlight of any episode she's in. Her constant, barely suppressed despair is the funniest thing ever.

I love this actress. The amount of effort that Catherine had to summon to spew out one of those rah-rah lines in the speech, so good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MetalFace posted:

I love this actress. The amount of effort that Catherine had to summon to spew out one of those rah-rah lines in the speech, so good.

You may not know but that's Kiefer Sutherland's daughter.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

zoux posted:

Coincidentally, donald sutherlands grand daughter

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Also, based on a GIS, she constantly looks like that in real life too, the poor thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Not that she wasn't 110% correct, and she delivered it beautifully but man, Amy's meltdown and exit totally bummed me out.
:negative:

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

EL BROMANCE posted:

Catherine? Everything they show makes her come across as terrible, this season at least. The interactions between her and those children a few episodes ago was just painful to watch.

Well, OK. She nails it compared to everyone else in the show. Politicians in the Veep universe are complete morons.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Kneecaps posted:

Politicians in the Veep universe are complete morons.

ftfy

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The look on Mike's face when Selena said the eating pussy line, and her Elane-esue flipout on Chung were the best

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Dattserberg posted:

I could have used a nice "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit" as he walked down the hall.

There was an implied "sheeeeeeeeit". It was funnier this way.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The look on Mike's face when Selena said the eating pussy line, and her Elane-esue flipout on Chung were the best

Speaking of Mike's face,

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

The total lack of any fucks given about a man slowly and I can only imagine rather painfully dying was hilarious and depressing at the same time.

It really makes me miss the Mr Tickle storyline in the last season of The Thick of It. Maybe joking about death row inmates will come out if/when this dead baby hacking thing blows up into an impeachment hearing or something.

Not 100% sure it fits Veep's style, but man was it good last time.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Rewatching this season's premiere and oh god, the whole play around Sue's "the S is about to hit the F" line is killing me.

Why would poo poo hit gently caress? poo poo doesn't hit gently caress.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Amy's rant was kind of bizarre considering Selina's foreign policy achievements in this season. Then again, I'm never sure if the show wants us to think that Selina is a competent politician that is kept down by her terrible personality and terrible choice of assistants, or an incompentent politican that somehow manages to stay in power despite her terrible personality and terrible choice of assistants.

Also I'm sad they dropped the Get Moving America program because it had some amazing moments.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Amy's rant was kind of bizarre considering Selina's foreign policy achievements in this season. Then again, I'm never sure if the show wants us to think that Selina is a competent politician that is kept down by her terrible personality and terrible choice of assistants, or an incompentent politican that somehow manages to stay in power despite her terrible personality and terrible choice of assistants.
The point of VEEP is that the people in power are not in power because they're competent, but because they really want to, or at least don't duck in time when it falls down as somebody higher up is gutting themselves.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
"Amy, do you want his parking space and his desk?"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
They're clearly building up to a surprise nomination of House for President which shocks everyone but him as he slowly turns to Selina, smirks and says "I've got a proposition for you"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"Jesus loving Christ, you all look like me!" - brilliant.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Richard and Jonah are the best duo.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
A bunch of tall women were recently molested and Jonah was one of them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Crazy Amy is the best Amy

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Barbe Rouge posted:

"Jesus loving Christ, you all look like me!" - brilliant.
This was amazing, I totally didn't pick up on it (this show doesn't have a ton of visual gags anyway) until he said it. Then I had to pause the show and laugh for a while.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 18, 2015

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
In a show with some great lines, for some reason I loved "“Ma’am, we’ve also set up a tour of an egg plant. I mean a plant that packs eggs, not the big vegetable.”

Also the "James" gradually getting larger on the MEYER/JAMES signs.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Selina is quickly finding James insufferable is hilarious. Interesting that his PR gamble actually hosed up her ability to govern, I wonder if he's going to wind up being just as incompetent as everyone else, simply more charming.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I hope Kent will continue the tradition and melt down now that he's the campaign manager.

Crazy Amy is indeed amazing and Richard Splat has really grown on me.

But the highlight of the episode was definitely Selina's "Yeah, that'll win me the election: Nice shot of my beave".

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sakarja posted:

I hope Kent will continue the tradition and melt down now that he's the campaign manager.

Crazy Amy is indeed amazing and Richard Splat has really grown on me.

But the highlight of the episode was definitely Selina's "Yeah, that'll win me the election: Nice shot of my beave".

I'd put it up against "I hope your vagina falls off!"

Veep really goes to show that crotch humor is funny no matter what the crotch is equipped with.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So Patton Oswald regulary molested people? That's kind of sad.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Air is lava! posted:

So Patton Oswald regulary molested people? That's kind of sad.

No actually they made it pretty hilarious

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Selina is quickly finding James insufferable is hilarious. Interesting that his PR gamble actually hosed up her ability to govern, I wonder if he's going to wind up being just as incompetent as everyone else, simply more charming.

The fact that the "sexual tension" Selina was worried about with Tom was completely non-existent was kinda hilarious. I'm also getting the vague sense that they're angling toward Tom being gay, which would probably cause Selina's narcissism to blow up in her face hilariously.

Edit: And I mean in addition to that whole "green shoes" thing. He's an older, unmarried congressman who calls a guy named "Nick" to briefly kvetch the moment he's bored on the campaign trail. Inevitably almost everyone, minus Gary, already knows.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 18, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

No actually they made it pretty hilarious

Yeah, a bunch of tall women with short hair who look like Jonah were the other victims.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

pentyne posted:

Yeah, a bunch of tall women with short hair who look like Jonah were the other victims.

You didn't think that was funny?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

pentyne posted:

Excuse me, a bunch of other tall women with short hair.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
A bunch of tall women and Jonah was one of them

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
I dislike the fact that the characters are splitting up more into groups and spending time away from each other. The previous seasons were amazing due to the greater amount of interaction.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Velisarius posted:

I dislike the fact that the characters are splitting up more into groups and spending time away from each other. The previous seasons were amazing due to the greater amount of interaction.

The Thick of It did the same trick and managed to pull it off, so I am not too worried. But the groups in that seem to effect each other more even when not doing direct interactions, so dunno.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I hope they go the opposite direction and have him be the most competent person on the show. That way we could have House be playing a charming nice version of Malcom Tucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Velisarius posted:

Agreed with this one, but then again, they are replacing some interactions with other funny interactions like the house guy coming in

• Locked thread