Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

I'm going to go differently here and rather than betting on games, I'm gonna care deeply about players' health and give to charities I tend to like.

For every lower body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to the Canadian wheelchair sports association
For every upper body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Doctors without borders
For every concussion or head injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Alzheimer Society Canada

Hopefully we have healthy hockey players. I'll put a cap at like $100 per charity because who knows what might happen and how many people play with poo poo injuries. Hand and arm injuries are considered to be upper-body injuries.

Since playoffs started on APR 15 according to http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/nhl/injuries/by_date/:

APR 16:
Nate Thompson C ANH Day-to-day Upper-body injury
Mike Fisher C NSH Day-to-day Lower-body injury

APR 17:
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau RW MON Day-to-day Upper-body injury

APR 18:
Justin Fontaine RW MIN Day-to-day Illness*
Shea Weber D NSH Day-to-day Lower-body injury

APR 20:
Eric Fehr RW WAS Day-to-day Upper-body injury
Chris Wagner RW ANH Day-to-day Upper-body injury

* Not covered by my clauses

As of APR 20 numbers, this gives:

Wheelchair sports: $15
Doctors without Borders: $15
Alzheimer Society: $0

Gotta update it, I just realized the injuries get rolled when they end. I might have missed a few :(
I tried to complete with http://espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

APR 25:
Mats Zuccarello RW NYR Day-to-day Upper-body injury

MAY 1:
Kris Versteeg LW CHI Day-to-day Lower-body injury

MAY 7:
Michal Rozsival D CHI Day-to-day Fractured left ankle

MAY 8:
Michael Latta C WAS Day-to-day Illness*

MAY 11:
Jason Zucker MIN Out Played with a broken thumb
Chris Stewart MIN Out Had a separated shoulder on game 2

MAY 12:
Ryan Callahan RW TB Day-to-day Appendectomy*
Jiri Hudler CAL Day-To-Day played with neck and back injury
Joe Colborne CAL Out played with wrist injury
T.J. Brodie CAL Day-To-Day played with severely sprained ankle
Paul Byron CAL Day-To-Day Sprained Toe, Sports Hernia
Micheal Ferland CAL Day-To-Day Torn Oblique

As of May 13 (I expect more to trickle in today) the numbers are:

Wheelchair sports: $35
Doctors without Borders: $35
Alzheimer Society: $0

Sorry Alzheimer Society, nobody got hit in the head hard enough :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

I will donate to a charity in DC an amount that depends on how far the Capitals go in the playoffs.

Eliminated in first round: $10
Eliminated in second round: $25
Eliminated in Conference Finals: $50
Eliminated in SCF: $100
Win the Stanley Cup: $200

I don't live in DC so I don't really know any good ones up there. Can someone recommend one that is good (isn't full of administrative fees, etc.) and that accepts online donations?

Someone give me a good charity in DC so I can fulfill the $25 donation.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MononcQc posted:

Sorry Alzheimer Society, nobody got hit in the head hard enough :(

you could probably transfer zuccarello into the concussion category

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

WeaponX posted:

you could probably transfer zuccarello into the concussion category

Pacioretty was concussed as well, but I guess that happened before the playoffs so it doesn't count?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Pacioretty was concussed as well, but I guess that happened before the playoffs so it doesn't count?

Right. Maybe Beaulieu would, but he said he was injured to the sternum and the visor was "to trick people" or something.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

Right. Maybe Beaulieu would, but he said he was injured to the sternum and the visor was "to trick people" or something.

I moved both Zuccarello and Beaulieu into the concussion sections and this is the new temporary sum:

quote:

For every lower body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to the Canadian wheelchair sports association
For every upper body injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Doctors without borders
For every concussion or head injury happening during playoff games: I will donate $5 to Alzheimer Society Canada

Doctors without Borders: $30
Alzheimer Society: $10

New numbers with MAY 13 as a starting date:
code:
MAY 18:
Brian Boyle Undisclosed injury

MAY 20:
Jacob De La Rose	Out	3 months  Injured wrist, underwent surgery

MAY 21
Matthew Carle 	D 	TB		Day-to-day 	Undisclosed injury
This is a bit sad but hey, can't expect that many more injuries. Tally as of May 21:

If anyone can tell me where it seems Matt Carle and Brian Boyle are injured, I'll update the tally accordingly.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'll be donating to http://www.childrensinn.org tomorrow and will post the screen cap tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay, I had to wait until pay day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

MononcQc posted:

If anyone can tell me where it seems Matt Carle and Brian Boyle are injured, I'll update the tally accordingly.

I don't think either was officially released, but Brian Boyle had a kid at around the same time as the game, soooo he lost a game to procreation? mayhaps?

also if if had to guess Matt Carle had the hot brains.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Tailored Sauce posted:

I will donate $100 to a charity from the city that beats the Rangers. If the Rangers win the Cup, I'll donate $50 to Garden of Dreams, and another $50 to the Stanley Cup loser city. Either way someone's getting a donation and I'll be down a 100 smackers.

Welp the Rangers lost. I picked the Humane Society in Tampa since I like animals and they were highly rated on CharityNavigator.

$100 to them!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

quote:

Wonderllama posted:

I don't think either was officially released, but Brian Boyle had a kid at around the same time as the game, soooo he lost a game to procreation? mayhaps?

also if if had to guess Matt Carle had the hot brains.

Retrofitting Matt Carle as hot brains then.

New from the websites:

Cedric Paquette Day-To-Day May 28 hand
Ryan McDonagh Out May 29, played with a broken foot

Wheelchair sports: $40
Doctors without Borders: $40
Alzheimer Society: $15

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Not at all trying to shame Na"deadbeat"et, but I will happily put in his Pavel Datsyuk commitment to protect the honour of his username. Naet intimated being broke and, hapless wage slave that I am, I get the feeling. So yea, if Naet hasn't fulfilled his internet hockey charity challenge instead of buying groceries for the week by June 10th, I will fulfill his obligations for him.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Thanks for the reminder! I was out of the country and now I'm in the process of moving, but I need to get this done!

edit:

I added some extra dough because the Red Wings blow and Datsyuk is the worst and why did Mike Babcock leave ughhhhh

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 2, 2015

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

New from the websites as both teams seem to have added all their injuries to http://espn.go.com/nhl/injuries

STATUS DATE
Tyler Johnson Out Jun 15
Comment: Johnson said he played through a broken wrist suffered early in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Blackhawks, Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
Ben Bishop Day-To-Day Jun 15
Comment: Bishop stopped 30 of 32 shots in Monday's Stanley Cup-clinching loss to the Blackhawks. He admitted after the game that he had been playing through a torn groin, Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
Nikita Kucherov Day-To-Day Jun 13
Comment: Kucherov left and did not return to Saturday's Game 5 against the Blackhawks after crashing into the goal, hitting his neck on the post.

I'll be consider neck-to-post to be a head injury.

Final tally (pending Hawks update):

Wheelchair sports: $45
Doctors without Borders: $45
Alzheimer Society: $20

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Chicago fans, give me a good charity to donate 25 bucks too.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

There, it's done. I hope checks are enough, I had forms with pre-paid envelopes lying around.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I have finally paid my dues...$25 to the Hillsborough County (Tampa Bay) Public School Foundation. Go Rags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
All right, I don't feel very good about this. When the Canadiens got eliminated I was unexpectedly short of cash and had to wait for some money to come in before doing my donation, and then I, uh, completely forgot.

Thanks WeaponX for jogging my memory - donation (finally) complete.

Aside from forgetful jerks like me, I think we did really well this year!

• Locked thread