Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i would murder the poo poo out of them if i lived near you and the fred bear song has always owned hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
is fred bear the lead singer of the Showbiz Pizza BandThe Rock-afire Explosion?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

amityville anus posted:

is fred bear the lead singer of the Showbiz Pizza BandThe Rock-afire Explosion?

he killed a polar bear with a bow

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
killing animals with modern weapons is like the easiest poo poo ever

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
its like shooting fish in a barrel

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Harald posted:

Go hunt a bear with a handgun. We'll wait.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Daedra posted:

i would murder the poo poo out of them if i lived near you and the fred bear song has always owned hth

There was some monster 17 pointer running around and some local guy couldn't stand it. He took it with a bow in a city park by my house lol.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

you talking about how other people look is v funny to me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

Go hunt a bear with a handgun. We'll wait.

black bear are scared little bitches and would be easily dispatched with a larger caliber hunting revolver such as a .500 s&w

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
someones doing a thing on the internet again i guess i better threaten to rape/murder them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yuriy posted:

you talking about how other people look is v funny to me

in the pyf selfie I think there was some guy who said he found psyopmonkey very attractive despite being a straight married male. he then asked whether psyopmonkey was mtf or ftm. it was the funniest unintentional burn I'd seen in a while

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Not gonna lie that dead bison pic looked good.

Imagine all the burgers you can make and steaks. It's like a cow you don't need to pay money for.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Trophy hunting is the biggest incentive for most of these countries to not kill off these species. North Americans tend to come at it from a safe position because we already killed off almost all of our large hoofstock, such as the huge majority of bison and moose, and large predators, which would be (and still are) an annoyance to farmers and residents. (Although we still have a lot of conflict with the bison of Yellowstone when they roam out of park boundaries and etc..)

Sure, "eco-tourism", but a hunting safari is just way more lucrative for them than hippies with binoculars. It sucks but that's just how it is. Asking them to maintain these species, but banning them from taking economic advantage of those species, is having cake and eating too. It's just asking the people of those countries to eat poo poo because giraffes are cool (which is mega true because giraffes are awesome).

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blue Train posted:

black bear are scared little bitches and would be easily dispatched with a larger caliber hunting revolver such as a .500 s&w

:stare:

I stand corrected. I was not aware of the machine that is the .500 s&w.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
cursory glance im going with stupid bitch

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BigBoss posted:

real talk: i wish there were more deer hunters and they would shoot more of those fuckers because they keep eating my shrubs

Gramie?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

Trophy hunting is the biggest incentive for most of these countries to not kill off these species. North Americans tend to come at it from a safe position because we already killed off almost all of our large hoofstock, such as the huge majority of bison and moose, and large predators, which would be (and still are) an annoyance to farmers and residents. (Although we still have a lot of conflict with the bison of Yellowstone when they roam out of park boundaries and etc..)

Sure, "eco-tourism", but a hunting safari is just way more lucrative for them than hippies with binoculars. It sucks but that's just how it is. Asking them to maintain these species, but banning them from taking economic advantage of those species, is having cake and eating too. It's just asking the people of those countries to eat poo poo because giraffes are cool (which is mega true because giraffes are awesome).

Trophy hunters give more to wildlife preservation than any other demographic. Because you can't get trophy animals without having a proper and stable ecosystem. Mind you each trophy kill is well over a few thousand dollars that went into the park directly.

It's pretty much animal martyrdom, one dies so that others can live.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

Trophy hunters give more to wildlife preservation than any other demographic. Because you can't get trophy animals without having a proper and stable ecosystem. Mind you each trophy kill is well over a few thousand dollars that went into the park directly.

It's pretty much animal martyrdom, one dies so that others can live.

I don't like agreeing with you about stuff, but yes.

The Boone & Crockett Club was all about saving these species, so they could be hunted by future generations, decades before the average American gave one millionth of a poo poo about endangered animals.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

She was asked to kill an animal. She killed an animal.

This is becoming a big deal because Ricky Gervais criticized her. In related news, Ricky Gervais has gone from somewhat funny fat Englishman to insufferable cock over the last ten years or so.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
She's like a female Larry Bird

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYxVbTA6LEs&t=118s

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Ted knows how to cook:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FV0NcCWrDs&t=914s

This was a bonus feature in a game where you could hunt with a guitar gun, and if you fell through the world you would end up in "hell"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

im gonna put her in my next wilbur smith fanfiction

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

:stare:

I stand corrected. I was not aware of the machine that is the .500 s&w.

the size of the novelty revoker is the least disturbing thing in that picture

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Rod Munch posted:

Ted knows how to cook:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FV0NcCWrDs&t=914s

This was a bonus feature in a game where you could hunt with a guitar gun, and if you fell through the world you would end up in "hell"

also inputing the konami code makes nugent poo poo his pants :ssh:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

katlington posted:

also inputing the konami code makes nugent poo poo his pants :ssh:
As does going to war in Vietnam.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Harald posted:

Trophy hunters are basically cowards.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Guys guys guys!

We save species

BY KILLING THEM

It's like the logging industry and replanting trees

tbqh we should be legally allowed to hunt human beings in a sense that there's a chance of rich people being killed by mobs of angry victims

Job Truniht fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 16, 2015

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

everything i need to know about this woman comes from what i suspect the amount of effort it would take to have hair looking that good after stalking animals in the middle of an african savannah would take

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 16, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
hunting for sport vs food

hunting for food

go ahead

hunting idiot vermin species like deer

gently caress yeah

hunting rare exotic animals for sport?

leaning toward go gently caress yourself you psycho

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

RaySmuckles posted:

Skulls for the skull throne, OP

this is actually a powerful argument imo

e: blood for the blood god

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
lmao she owns wow, who cares there are tons of giraffes get poo poo on

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Shes got... "Man hands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSL4cmFW_GU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

why do you do this to yourself?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

why do you do this to yourself?

Do what?

Gun chick has dude hands. Kinda like in Seinfeld.

:shrug:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

psyopmonkey posted:

Do what?

Gun chick has dude hands. Kinda like in Seinfeld.

:shrug:

score your own loving goal

here it comes

guess what you have man hands har har

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Hunting for food, as in because you have no other food source, is fine.

90% of hunters who do it "for food", though, are really just doing it for sport. Having something to eat is only a secondary goal for them.

Meanwhile, you have shitheads in Wyoming who wait for a wolf to take a step outside the imaginary lines it has no concept of so they can shoot it. Ranchers and useful idiots kill them out of spite.

I live in a rural area, and have the misfortune of interacting with a lot of hunters. The overwhelming majority of them are enormous asshats.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 16, 2015

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

red19fire posted:

Trophy hunters are basically cowards.

Really depends on what you're doing. I certainly respect someone who tries to bowhunt a Cape buffalo more than someone who uses a rifle on a sleeping lion from a car. (Lions don't run from cars and by many standards are the easiest of the Africa "Big Five" to kill.)

As for why trophy hunters don't eat the lion--meat from carnivores is usually pretty gross compared to that from herbivores. But carnivores are usually more "impressive" to kill even when they're less dangerous (because of how they perceive threats).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Job Truniht posted:

Guys guys guys!

We save species

BY KILLING THEM

It's like the logging industry and replanting trees

Unless you've donated thousands of dollars specifically to saving Africa's wild animals, then trophy hunters have contributed more than you via license fees. The Cape buffalo is IUCN "Least Concern", but the trophy fee is in the thousands, which has even more purchasing power in Africa. Once you get into the hippo/lion/sable combo packages, you're talking $50K+, which largely feeds into the local economy, plus the trophy fee. It's why Nepal puts up with rich assholes climbing Everest.

In some cases, it's the hunters who are really being taken for a ride. For example, the license to hunt elephants is very expensive, even in countries that cull elephants. So they're paying tens of thousands of dollars to do someone else's job.

• Locked thread