Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It begins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Not sure whether I like this or Plunder Pirates better, and which to stick with. Tough times.

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
I just applied to 2poor as dihaploidy.

Zotix posted:

Not sure whether I like this or Plunder Pirates better, and which to stick with. Tough times.

How many poop games is too much? I've been jumping between this and plunder pirates also. They eat a fair bit of time at the moment but thats because all the timers and upgrade costs are so low, and assuming they follow in the footsteps of CoC that wont stay an issue for long.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

dihaploidy posted:

I just applied to 2poor as dihaploidy.

How many poop games is too much? I've been jumping between this and plunder pirates also. They eat a fair bit of time at the moment but thats because all the timers and upgrade costs are so low, and assuming they follow in the footsteps of CoC that wont stay an issue for long.

Well I need to decide on one. I did a factory reset on my phone and I thought that Final Fantasy Record Keeper would be tied to my google account, nope. So I'm out an account that I spent money on, and was pretty geared out. Their help hasn't been much help in getting it restored so I'm figuring out what I want to dump time into.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Does anyone know of a way to reset the game? I'm not happy with either my nation or my wonder and I want a change. I already tried uninstall/reinstall but that didn't erase anything.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Make a new google account, add it to your phone. Uninstall this game and download it again.; when it asks which account to use, pick your new Google account. You might need to clean up some app data perhaps? You can use a file browser like ES to make sure nothing is left. Or alternatively, go into the settings>Apps>Downloaded>DomiNations and clear the cache and data before uninstalling.

If its still being picky, start your new one on Bluestacks (on your PC) and then when you get far enough save it to the new Google account. This worked for Beef Hardcheese. He started a new one on Bluestacks and made a new Google account to transfer it to his phone.

Its probably just picking up on your google account when you reinstall. Which is better than having to play through half an hour of tutorial if you just happen to get a new phone (loving Starwars: Commander!)

Fake Edit: gently caress you all for telling me about the Plunder Pirate game.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
GP has some spots open. If I kicked you and you're active, my bad. Kicked anyone with a 0/0 ratio.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
Ah, I got kicked, but i wasn't donating because my troops were low level. Can you accept again? My in game name is Hulk

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

DailyDumSum posted:

Ah, I got kicked, but i wasn't donating because my troops were low level. Can you accept again? My in game name is Hulk

You can always donate those troops to me. I'll sacrifice them for good reasons.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

DailyDumSum posted:

from what I've seen, you shouldn't be kicked out for not donating troops. If your ratio was 0/0, you might've gotten kicked because you weren't asking for troops and/or not participating in wars. Not doing one or the other is acceptable to a point, but you should always at least be asking for troops. Everyone is happy to give level 5 archers to newbies with level 1 troops, which just lets those troops wreck poo poo at that level.

Orgytron
Aug 11, 2007
Can anyone verify whether the colosseum's troops scale and, if so, how that happens? It seemed pretty neat until I realized that Hoplites aren't going to be very useful much longer.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Applied to GP as Crashburn. Game seems good so far.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

neogeo0823 posted:

from what I've seen, you shouldn't be kicked out for not donating troops. If your ratio was 0/0, you might've gotten kicked because you weren't asking for troops and/or not participating in wars. Not doing one or the other is acceptable to a point, but you should always at least be asking for troops. Everyone is happy to give level 5 archers to newbies with level 1 troops, which just lets those troops wreck poo poo at that level.

I only use ratio because I have no other way of knowing people are active in the clan. If you're 0/30000, at least I know you're active.

So just request troops once in awhile, people. Sorry for kicking anyone who is active.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Just needed a little food.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Jaysus posted:

Just needed a little food.

That's a lotta ham.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Jaysus posted:

I only use ratio because I have no other way of knowing people are active in the clan. If you're 0/30000, at least I know you're active.

So just request troops once in awhile, people. Sorry for kicking anyone who is active.

You know what's funny is that I posted that thinking this was the CoC thread for some reason. I mean, it still applies here, but yeah, there are no wars in this game yet. :blush:

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Dropping from Silver to no trophy was a good decision. I never lose more than 3 or 4 cheap troops. I spend no crowns on troops and get 30k+ combined from every haul.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

IRSmurf posted:

Dropping from Silver to no trophy was a good decision. I never lose more than 3 or 4 cheap troops. I spend no crowns on troops and get 30k+ combined from every haul.

It's the truth! I spent like 9 archers to get 100k in resources the other day.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I should do that. All the bases I'm finding in copper 1 have decent tower placement and less than 15k of each type of resource.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jaysus posted:

GP has some spots open. If I kicked you and you're active, my bad. Kicked anyone with a 0/0 ratio.

Just applied

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post
I am a total idiot... how do I apply or get an invite to an invite only clan?

EDIT: Ignore me I can't read.

psychicattack fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 30, 2015

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Hey Minacity, sorry for attacking your base. I saw the loot and didn't see the Alliance name until after I deployed my troops.:blush:

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003

The man called M posted:

Hey Minacity, sorry for attacking your base. I saw the loot and didn't see the Alliance name until after I deployed my troops.:blush:

Haha it's okay! Resources were getting clogged with my guys being busy on moving to medieval.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Just started playing this, and already liking it a little more than Clash(in fact when I started CoC I thought it was going to be like Dominations with certain things like roads/gates, and was surprised when it didn't have anything like that). Granted I'm only in the bronze age so I can't compare it too much yet, but so far it's good.

Edit: Can you join an alliance before the gate is done? Or do I have to / should I wait?

Fake James fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 7, 2015

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
If anyone in classical feels like they're stuck in a rut with longish army training times and inability to gather resources, go full horse raiders (whatever they are that target resources). Dump all your medals, then snipe all the bases with their resources on the perimeter (there are a LOT of them) with 2-6 troops depending on defenses, etc. I don't even bother with bases with walled resources. 410,000 seemed an insurmountable amount of resources for the next house. I switched to this strategy and had that amount in about 30-60 mins. Not enough fiber that day :(

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Tank down to 300, build 3 horse giants, 9 archer, then fill barbs, don't attack medievals. Win always for around 3-5 barbs.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

410k gold is like nothing. 45 minutes of light raiding in my experience with companions and horse goblins.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Just got a big update that let's you change nations/wonders. Also increased multiplayer loot and fixed bugs and added new spell called "betrayal" that coverts enemy troops to your own. Folks are gonna wreck my Colosseum base with it.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
All my GTC buddies are in goon privilege. I'm rundown in game. Would love to join them

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Coolspaz posted:

All my GTC buddies are in goon privilege. I'm rundown in game. Would love to join them

I'll see if we can boot some schlub for you.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Anybody who is 0/0 ratio tomorrow morning PST, I'm gonna let you go from GP. Even if you just request once, you can stay. Give zero fucks about donating. I need you to request to know you are active.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Applied to #2poor4crowns as Rusty Sasquatch. Let us have some fun.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Applied to 2poor as spiderjelly

Spiderjelly fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 10, 2015

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Would like to apply to goon privilege as soon as there is room. In game name is JustKauz. Sup GTC bros.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I spend far too much time on this game and get sad on days when all my villagers are locked up on 24 hour upgrades. How do I quit please help

keldon
May 14, 2009

Geoff Zahn posted:

Would like to apply to goon privilege as soon as there is room. In game name is JustKauz. Sup GTC bros.
Freed up 9 spots a few minutes ago. Apply away.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

keldon posted:

Freed up 9 spots a few minutes ago. Apply away.

Just got Iron Age a few hours ago. As soon as I can scrap 30k gold I'll apply.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Anyone else have lag and freezing issues with the game? Or is my phone just too goddamn old now (Galaxy S2). Game has crashed a few times on me midbattle.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I got booted from GP, didn't know I was 0/0? Does ratio reset at some point? I know I've donated before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Jaysus posted:

Anybody who is 0/0 ratio tomorrow morning PST, I'm gonna let you go from GP. Even if you just request once, you can stay. Give zero fucks about donating. I need you to request to know you are active.

What a loving douchebag.

• Locked thread