Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My computer is from 2009. It's really hurting my ability to contribute to goon guild PVP in MMOs. Please help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
someone showed up on my facebook feed like gimme money to help raise my kid.

lol nigga just man up and get a job. I unfriended his rear end quick.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
i need money to give out to charity to look good to my friends for every 10 bucks i give 1 to charity of your choosing (but no helping gays, blacks or muslins)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mehuyael posted:

i need money to give out to charity to look good to my friends for every 10 bucks i give 1 to charity of your choosing (but no helping gays, blacks or muslins)

but those are the ones that need help the most.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

but those are the ones that need help the most.

that's a lie fit for a lieberal, think about all the poor christians being persecuted in the united states like me i cant give to charity because taxes

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Zzulu posted:

for every 50 dollars received I will fit one more lego in my rear end in a top hat

Sold!

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Melmac posted:

Tell me what you think of this idea. Also, please share ideas of little publicity stunts you think will raise awareness of bitcoins value over using traditional services like paypal.

The idea:

Get a webcam and live stream a cute little mouse living in its home. Give it a name, and make everyone love it. Make it a little popstar on Tumblr and elsewhere by having a few cute pictures of it, holding little toys and possibly make a video image collage of it with the song "You are my Sunshine"

In his cage, there will be a separator in it. The separator is keeping the mouse away from a vicious mouse trap that will kill it.

The separator raises and lowers based on donations - if the donation is to the mouse, the separator goes down. If it is towards the trap, the separator goes up. If the mouse lives 30 days, it will be kept as a pet and live a luxurious lifestyle.

$10 of value gets you 1mm in the direction you prefer. Adjustments to the separator are made each day at 6:00 PM and only counts payments/donations that happened BEFORE 5:30 PM.

The trap will only receive donations via bitcoin and be donating to something to help humanity. Something like finding a cure to cancer, PTSD, etc.

The mouse's donations will be paid only via Paypal and will go towards another organization to help people to be happier, or maybe something totally stupid like to PETA. Since this would provoke them to give it attention and really attract the right type of customer to make the thing go viral.

This will likely be scattered around tumblr, reddit, 4chan, etc and raise a lot of money on both sides, and lots of attention upsetting lots of people.

Eventually PayPal will get suspicious and upset about this little project and freeze all the money for the mouse - consequently making the value of what has been donated go to zero. This will make everyone hate and be very upset about PayPal and the mouse will die.

After the whole incident - it could make a very clear message that the people should have absolute control over their finances and that it matters that you have actual control over your money.

Source

The amazing thing about bitcoiners is that some of them really are this crazy, so you never know whether you're being trolled or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
more like gofuckme cuz you can go gently caress yourself :smug:

• Locked thread