Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I drink a lot, but I've never been to a bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's huge breasted women from end to end. Half of them want to marry you the other half are pros. You get your choice OP.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the guy pours you a beer and you sit there drinking it wondering if you were supposed to give him money as a tip before or after your done drinking

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

amityville anus posted:

the guy pours you a beer and you sit there drinking it wondering if you were supposed to give him money as a tip before or after your done drinking

Don't listen to him. It's just titties and whores the whole way down!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

amityville anus posted:

Do you really have to give tips at a bar? The alcohol is expensive enough as it is..

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

Do you really have to give tips at a bar? The alcohol is expensive enough as it is..

Of course not, You don't even have to pay, if you don't plan on returning to the bar. gently caress them all!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Don't listen to him. It's just titties and whores the whole way down!

I like big titties, but I don't like them when they're on some diseased 40 year old with a scar from her c-section.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
It depends very heavily on the bar. Some bars are boring and lovely some bars are lovely.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes its just the tip

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just wobble around doing cocaine off of hand soap dispensers and otdering shots of rail whiskey for everybody in a 5 foot radius and when its two i stagger out the fire exit door and get arrested

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I've been to a bar before, had some great pub food. It was called red Robins.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

I like big titties, but I don't like them when they're on some diseased 40 year old with a scar from her c-section.

:confused: why the gently caress are you going to a bar then?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if you remember how it feels to go to a bar you hosed up

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
You look in the menu, and they'll have cocktails and a wine list, but just get an obscure beer or a whiskey. Otherwise the bartenders just judging you.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
steigl radler grapefruit beer and a shot of gin

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Tbh, I'm still a little unclear about the whole tipping thing. Do I have to tip the bartender? I feel like the drinks are expensive enough, and it's not like your job is really that hard.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
If they have delivery bar tenders, then ya tip em.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
If I ordered delivery then I'd still be drinking alone. I want to meet some cool chicks who like to party.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SweetKarma posted:

Tbh, I'm still a little unclear about the whole tipping thing. Do I have to tip the bartender? I feel like the drinks are expensive enough, and it's not like your job is really that hard.

You gotta order Mojitos and poo poo, make them really work for it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SweetKarma posted:

depends on state and bar. did you order a complex drink? is it a bar you never plan on going back or is it one you plan to be a frequent local to? do you live in a poo poo state where tips are counted as income? (in ca, you still get paid $10/hr regardless of tips)

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you can really get on the bartrnders good side by requesting songs repeatedly and offering to hook up your iphone and dj for him. the two of you will bond over your love of toto's africa when you play it on repeat for 45 minutes and he usually will just cover your bill for you

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I live in the great state of California.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
How do you even muddle anything for a drink. I tried to once and that weekend in lockup was NOT pleasant. I just wanted some freshness in my drink

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SweetKarma posted:

I live in the great state of California.

ok, so they still get paid whatever wage and tips are just a bonus which is good. still, usually paying $1 or so per drink will net you a lot in the long run when the bartender fills your cocktails up with more liquor. this is dependent on going to that bar a lot though.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Xaris posted:

ok, so they still get paid whatever wage and tips are just a bonus which is good. still, usually paying $1 or so per drink will net you a lot in the long run when the bartender fills your cocktails up with more liquor. this is dependent on going to that bar a lot though.

I'm looking for them to fill my female acquaintance's drink with more alcohol. Am I right fellas?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SweetKarma posted:

I'm looking for them to fill my female acquaintance's drink with more alcohol. Am I right fellas?

This might have been the most sleezball thing I've ever said.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
The trick to bar tipping is getting your total (say if you are buying drinks for your boys or lady friend too) closest to whatever bill you have. So if you have a $20, get $18 worth of drinks, throw the $20 on the bar, say thanks and walk away. Otherwise you're that dude ordering a $6 rum and coke, tipping $4 everytime with an even $10 and spending way too much dough.

Also be sure to check out the bathrooms.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Enfield posted:

i just wobble around doing cocaine off of hand soap dispensers and otdering shots of rail whiskey for everybody in a 5 foot radius and when its two i stagger out the fire exit door and get arrested

This guy gets it.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I'm just curious, how many drinks could I get for $18 in a bar? I can sling a few 20's.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Enfield posted:

Due to another post I have to ask, at what age does this become inappropriate? :(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

if you see small containers of lemons/olives/etc on the bar, these are refreshments and they're meant to be a miniature buffet for the patrons

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

if you see small containers of lemons/olives/etc on the bar, these are refreshments and they're meant to be a miniature buffet for the patrons

Are there peanuts? I've seen peanuts in the movies.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SweetKarma posted:

Are there peanuts? I've seen peanuts in the movies.

peanuts can be set out but this is a rookie mistake. sometimes i take a massive poo poo and then throw my poop hands into the peanut bowl, making sure i touch every peanut. this is met with nothing but applause

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How much for a hamburger? I could spend that much on muenster!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You remember how when you were a kid there's be "that house" you'd go hang out at with your friends? Maybe it was one of your friend's houses or maybe it was some bullshit Baby Boomer treehouse/clubhouse horseshit but either way it was a place you could go where you could reliably count on seeing your pals and there'd be some snacks and games if you wanted? If you were really lucky it'd even be a place where other kids in your age bracket would float in and out and you could expand your social circle on somewhat neutral ground that wasn't school or the outdoors?

Bars are the adult version of that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The only good bars are rowdy punk bars.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
just watch cheers

honestly it's pretty spot on

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mind the walrus posted:

You remember how when you were a kid there's be "that house" you'd go hang out at with your friends? Maybe it was one of your friend's houses or maybe it was some bullshit Baby Boomer treehouse/clubhouse horseshit but either way it was a place you could go where you could reliably count on seeing your pals and there'd be some snacks and games if you wanted? If you were really lucky it'd even be a place where other kids in your age bracket would float in and out and you could expand your social circle on somewhat neutral ground that wasn't school or the outdoors?

Bars are the adult version of that.

i cant belive that you posted this

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheJoker138 posted:

The only good bars are rowdy punk bars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EroRtEUmZcU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006