Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
I'm the student that's only living at home until I can finish my English major and become a writer, then I'll have it made.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm a state school student taking communications class at a local CC during summer session to save a shitload of money

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Now it's my time to shine!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
*If someone had told me that you pass more than half of your classes just by showing up every week I would have gone to a real college years ago.*

Also sometimes your junior college turns into a real college years after you graduate, so then you can go around telling everyone that you went to the real college and technically be telling the truth.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mariguana posted:

I'm the student that's only living at home until I can finish my English major and become a writer, then I'll have it made.

:synpa:

composition class, essay 1: PC vs. Console Gaming

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*spills caramel mocalatte all over keyboard*

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
community college also provides fun free classes like welding and auto repair and construction and furniture making so you literally can come out off CC with half your undergraduate requirements and also as a man instead of a pissant debt ridden manbaby

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
any of you taking summer classes? want to take this class on the plumbing code with me?

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
"Well when I was in the Army..." (Looks around hoping teenagers are impressed)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm the grandma with dementia who keeps trying to show everyone her family photos and is only here because her kids think that community college is some form of graycare

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
durrr im to stuped to go to a real school im just going to go hear for the next ate years and never ever ever get me un AA even!!! :bravo:

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
*isn't crippled with debt for life*

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003
*takes art classes*
*spends maybe 10 minutes outside of class on art*
*Claims art is abstract*
*gets A+*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

durrr im to stuped to go to a real school im just going to go hear for the next ate years and never ever ever get me un AA even!!! :bravo:

i come to the first three classes, vanish for two weeks, only to show up again for one more class, looking hopelessly bewildered, and vanish once more forever

also i have three kids and i'm 21. my fucken mother won't watch my kids! and my grandma is sick! and i have to go to court! and i got fired! my life is a cruel, sad beckettesque charade!

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Horniest Manticore posted:

i come to the first three classes, vanish for two weeks, only to show up again for one more class, looking hopelessly bewildered, and vanish once more forever

also i have three kids and i'm 21. my fucken mother won't watch my kids! and my grandma is sick! and i have to go to court! and i got fired! my life is a cruel, sad beckettesque charade!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the newly divorced, empty nester mother who tries to act like she belong in the group girls who are younger than her own daughter. I'm dating a man much younger than me from my account class but I don't know he is just using me for my endless Xanax script.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

limeincoke posted:

"Well when I was in the Army..." (Looks around hoping teenagers are impressed)

I have one of those fuckwits in my writing class.

I dont like him at all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'm the girl at the exact midpoint between the hot but dumb goth/emo she was in high school and the horrible whitebread soccer mom she's going to become

(iow the most fuckable human being on the planet)

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Raku posted:

I'm the girl at the exact midpoint between the hot but dumb goth/emo she was in high school and the horrible whitebread soccer mom she's going to become

(iow the most fuckable human being on the planet)

Shes some size 14 jeans and a "fun and sporty" haircut away from driving a minivan huh?

Minivan...

MORE LIKE POUND WAGON! AMIRITE?!!!!11!1!!!!

:iamafag:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
*talks about getting criminal justice degree while packing a bowl with 3 month old child asleep in the next room*

*never finishes*

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I have achieved a level beyond all high school
you can call it high school 2

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
every creative writing assignment is about my ex who dumped me for a guy who's going to a real college

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I'm the :airquote:deep:airquote: photography student who at critique time, finds every black and white photo, no matter the composition or subject matter, to :airquote:speak:airquote: to them as if it had some hidden meaning when it in fact, does not. The photographer just liked the way it looked and snapped a pic.

*black and white underexposed and poorly composed photo of an oven timer in the afternoon sun* "OH MY GOD, YES, THIS IS THE PERFECT PIECE ON THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION AND THE CURRENT GEOPOLITICAL STAGE." *nearly orgasms in class*

I'm also the same :airquote:deep:airquote: photography student who drops $5,000 on a high end DSLR, $300 for a camera bag that will also hold their multiple $$$$ lenses, and has the DSLR set to auto.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
art/creative writing classes at a cc must be a treat and a half

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
*tests into a math class thats so remedial that credit isn't even given*

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

art/creative writing classes at a cc must be a treat and a half

Photography class. You want to find the snobbiest snobs who ever snobbed? Photography class.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
*takes a rock climbing class just to get the one loving credit to be eligible for financial aid*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

You Are A Elf posted:

Photography class. You want to find the snobbiest snobs who ever snobbed? Photography class.

well, sure, and at a real school there might be some genuinely talented people. i can only imagine what a bunch of community college halfwits pretending to be artists for three months would come up with

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

C.P.A.N. posted:

*takes a rock climbing class just to get the one loving credit to be eligible for financial aid*

They require 1 credit for that?

That seems really really dumb.

What if you just got out of high school and have no money for tuition?

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
I assume he meant to get to full time, cause I totally took rock climbing to get from 11 credits to 12 once.

There are a ton of MTG players that seem to be there all day, every day.

I was talking to a pair of girls that are in the NASA program with me BSing about the last test we took. For about 10 minutes the third girl just kinda stood there, not saying anything. I tried to break the ice and include her in the conversation by asking her what she was in school for. She was there for vocal performance...While I understand going for your dream and all, but a mousy super quiet girl going to a tiny Iowa community college doesn't seem the best way to spend two years and your tuition check.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Is a former lawyer that didn't actually have a degree.
Is an autist that can't tell reality from tv.
laugh track

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Mad Monk posted:

*nods head to everything the prof. says*

*murmurs 'mmm, mm-hmm' to everything the prof says while furiously scribbling page after page of notes in a mandatory introductory course*

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i gotta go take a nap, i have to wake up at 2am to register for this speech class so it wont be full

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

NakedWithCandy posted:

Is a former lawyer that didn't actually have a degree.
Is an autist that can't tell reality from tv.
laugh track

is that a reference to something?

oh it's loving community isn't it
gently caress that poo poo

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

well, sure, and at a real school there might be some genuinely talented people. i can only imagine what a bunch of community college halfwits pretending to be artists for three months would come up with

black and white photo of barbed wire on a fence, taken at an upwards angle
black and white photo of a decrepit doorway from the nearby abandoned factory
black and white silhoutte of a nude, obscured woman in a hallway door; *is the photographer nude this picture is really personal to me my best friend recently found out she has *

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

*doesn't go into massive debt getting comparable education*

*is glad all his credits will transfer

*is able to get out all his gen ed and freshman courses out of the way for 1/2 the tuition

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm the 25 year old woman with the 40 year old face in your night class. i always bring food with a strong, gross smell and i make playful comments that are indicative of tremendous bigotry against blacks and gays.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
black and white photo of a dead tree; values inverted (photography 2 only)
black and white photo of a black guy with dreds wearing a wifebeater in a doorway smoking a blunt
color photos of a 4 year old child playing in the backyard, submitted every week, by the same student
black and white photo of a ragged american flag, photo is hung upside down
black and white photo taken through a peace sign made with fingers, obscuring a police officer

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Madcosby posted:

black and white photo of a dead tree; values inverted (photography 2 only)
black and white photo of a black guy with dreds wearing a wifebeater in a doorway smoking a blunt
color photos of a 4 year old child playing in the backyard, submitted every week, by the same student
black and white photo of a ragged american flag, photo is hung upside down
black and white photo taken through a peace sign made with fingers, obscuring a police officer

and the instructor, having been beaten down and abandoned his dreams of becoming an established artist and getting a tenure-track position long ago, gives them all A's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I forgot the most common one, this is all art classes

close-up shot of their cat's eye. Usually black and white, or better yet, black and white but the pupil is colorized

• Locked thread