Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Yo psyop will kill u son no need to do mad burns when she's finally stopped posting like dry paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Nah bro, just disappointed in your poor attempts at burns.

you're a freak of nature who's even more delusional than any comparative lit phd haver who thinks they're gonna be the one to get the tenure track job

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Top City Homo posted:

Yo psyop will kill u son no need to do mad burns when she's finally stopped posting like dry paint

You hush up mister.

:colbert:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

psyopmonkey2 posted:

You hush up mister.

:colbert:

I don't have any "beef" with you anymore

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
God, you poor students these days. I don't mean that even ironically or sarcastically, the education system just go tfucked
I got my degrees (chem/psych) at UCSD in the late 90s. I don't know how it is now, but at the time was a top 10/30 public/overall science school, and I paid less than 7,000 per year including board.
Then, I wanted to make moves on my fledgling writing career, so I got a 2-year masters in SF State in TV/Radio/Internet Production. 2007-09. I paid just over $8,000. Total. It was a good gamble too, I spent the next five years making full time writing money.

But I look at the money I've made, and I think I'd still be in student loan debt even with my awesome career if I'd gone even a year later.

I'm sorry. Baby Boomers hosed you.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 18, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

glowing-fish posted:

If you know a college that hires bottom-of-the-barrel instructors, let me know!

unfortunately, the specific one i was talking about with my "provost's cousin" example is now a state university (maui community college evolved into university of hawaii: maui campus some time ago), so they have to be a little more selective if they wanna keep their accreditation. you wouldn't have gotten in without the family plan anyway. nepotism 4 lyfe

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 18, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

*crying* You can't give me a F, gently caress you, gently caress all y'all, y'all tryin' to be all hard like y'all a real school like [absolutely identical school within a ten-mile radius]

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*walks outside for 10 seconds from campus*
*is covered in ticks*

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno, CC was cool before I went to the top school in the country. A lot of my friends are from CC, and I found the material really accessible. Prepared me for my 4 year a lot better than diving into the 4 year would have.

Still tho, late night math class with like 5 people sucks rear end and is hardly taken seriously by anyone.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
This thread is no longer funny.

*takes an Intro to Logic course*
*complains that we aren't learning C, which is what we really will need in jobs*
*doesn't know what object orientated programming is*

e: you know what makes a funny thread? Extremely specific nerd humor

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SquadronROE posted:

This thread is no longer funny.

*takes an Intro to Logic course*
*complains that we aren't learning C, which is what we really will need in jobs*
*doesn't know what object orientated programming is*

e: you know what makes a funny thread? Extremely specific nerd humor

*vapes*

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
*is probably a good person, just poor and taking any option for a higher education possible*

*vapes*

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

cc is good for 18 yr olds that are old enough for college not not mature enough to leave home. i saw a poo poo load of freshmen drop out of uni over the years

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

*derails every subject into a talk on Libertarianism*
*constantly defends CC as just as valid as real college*

*vapes*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

SquadronROE posted:

*derails every subject into a talk on Libertarianism*
*constantly defends CC as just as valid as real college*

*vapes*

*hands out rand paul '16 pamphlets before class*

"You guys really need to know about this."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I know I said we'd be talking about the civil war today but first let me tell you why the fiat system is destroying america

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
*is in an american history through 1885 class*

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT OBAMA

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

SopWATh posted:

CC and real-college aren't even remotely the same loving thing.

CC is literally 13th and 14th grade, full of high school kids (mentally) sort of coasting along because they don't know what else to do. They treat it like high school, they get high school. There's the occasional "tough" course, like CHEM/PHYS/BIO 101, but there's no next step. There's also the random old people who think getting an Associates degree is worth the paper it's written on, they are wrong.

Real-college is also full of high school kids (freshmen) who either a) grow the gently caress up really loving fast or b) drop out and go back to whatever they were doing in high school. There's a few frat boys or whatever, but they go on to be middle managers who never grow up.

I'm taking a welding class at CC right now and this is so true. It's like high school 2.0. Half the class left after they got their Pell grant refund checks. The other half shows up at least an hour late, if at all.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
*Always have to watch your poo poo or else it will get swiped*

Lol, the bookstore doesn't even let us take our backpacks in past a certain point.

edit: *Only disabled friendly door to cafeteria remains unfixed for weeks*

the night dad fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

*brings up politics constantly*

*asks about on-campus housing*

• Locked thread