Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm looking forward to all the old cast dying off in this first film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I remember Mark Hamill was in that Wing Commander game back in the 90s. Pretty sure that was his only gig after star wars. Poor guy

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

He was the greatest joker ever, so no, no it wasnt.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I remember Mark Hamill was in that Wing Commander game back in the 90s. Pretty sure that was his only gig after star wars. Poor guy

He's an extremely successful stage actor and voice actor and will probably be the highlight of this film acting wise (aside from John Boyega)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

u scrub

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

echronorian posted:

stage actor and voice actor
Literally no idea what these are. I watch film ONLY, thanks :catstare:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Universe Master posted:

He was the greatest joker ever, so no, no it wasnt.

This. I don't give a gently caress about Star Wars and his performance in them wasn't anything special. Trying to reconcile that the white bread space Kansan is the Animated Series Joker is crazy.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Literally no idea what these are. I watch film ONLY, thanks :catstare:

Hell yeah

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Mark Hamill is one of the most prolific voice actors in the last 25 years.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I think Leperflesh already mentioned this, but here is a video of Lucas trolling his obnoxious neighbors.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2015/04/18/pkg-george-lucas-revenge-neighbors.kpix

A lot of the wealthy people in Marin are some of the worst humans to walk the planet so gently caress them.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

VideoTapir posted:

hes an incredibly loving good voice actor

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
He got his face torn up in a motorcycle accident, right? I guess when that happens you either go voice actor or Gary Busey.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

He got his face torn up in a motorcycle accident, right? I guess when that happens you either go voice actor or Gary Busey.

he got in some kind of accident and thats why in the 3rd movie hes all makeuped up and looks kinda puffy instead of being an adorable twink like in the first

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was before Empire, the snow and wampa attack explain the change in his appearance.

He's especially ghoulish looking with the makeup in the Holiday Special since it was even closer to the accident.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

TEAYCHES posted:

he got in some kind of accident and thats why in the 3rd movie hes all makeuped up and looks kinda puffy instead of being an adorable twink like in the first

That happened right after Star Wars actually. Check out the "Holiday special" for him being caked in makeup to hide his facial scars that hadnt even began to fade.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The only truly shameful thing that Hammil did since Jedi was that cameo in Jay and Silent Bob, but I can forgive that since he is the best Joker hands down.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
mark hamill did a few guest spots in that awesome 90 series Seaquest DSV

so did william shatner, among others.

that show owned.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

VideoTapir posted:

I was just looking over his imdb page and this isnt an exaggeration

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Is there gonna be a death star in the one of the next three films? How badly will they gently caress it up?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

texaholic posted:

Is there gonna be a death star in the one of the next three films? How badly will they gently caress it up?

they modify the sarlacc pit with a superlaser so tattooine itself is a death star

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

texaholic posted:

Id be pretty surprised if they go back to this well. Like youve heard lucas is in no way part of these new films right?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
idk jj abrams did basically make a death star in that first trek movie

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

texaholic posted:

Nah, Darth Revan's gonna have a Sun Crusher. It's OK though, Chewie's gonna stop it by crashing a moon into it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Raku posted:

Its weird that Hammill is a good actor now and Ford loving sucks and just depresses me on sight

yeah hamill was absolutely godawful in the first star wars movie. by the end of jedi he was actually pretty awesome.

Blue Raider posted:

a friend of mine said she was high throughout much of empire and i believe it, especially with the lando system scene on the ship

if you really want to see carrie fisher high as gently caress, watch the star wars holiday special.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Nah, Darth Revan's gonna have a Sun Crusher. It's OK though, Chewie's gonna stop it by crashing a moon into it.

:hellyeah:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

Id be pretty surprised if they go back to this well. Like youve heard lucas is in no way part of these new films right?

On one hand true, on the other hand that horrible Sith lightsaber has prequel Lucas taste stamped all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs

His reaction to it was mine.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ill take your word for it

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Why is Tattooine in this film when it's supposed to be some backwater shithole?

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

there must be some kind of subliminal mindwipe during the end credits of ep 2 because i know ive seen it multiple times over the years and i dont remember a single goddamn thing, its kind of remarkable.

still better than ep 1 though

The coruscant chase scene in the beginning was pretty awesome, however nothing memorable happened after it.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Nanomashoes posted:

The same reason Arrakis is in all the Dune books?

It's almost as if Lucas was "inspired" by the idea of a desert planet shithole being the center of a whole universe.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nanomashoes posted:

Well technically I guess it could be a different desert planet

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Giblet Plus! posted:

The same reason Arrakis is in all the Dune books?

but Arrakis is the capitol of the space empire and the source of the super important drug spice that is required for space travel, whereas on tattooine they farm moisture.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

They also herd nerfs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

Well technically I guess it could be a different desert planet

lol it actually is a different desert planet called Jakku.

thathonkey posted:

ill take your word for it

That video is funny and you're dumb as hell if you just skipped it.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

On one hand true, on the other hand that horrible Sith lightsaber has prequel Lucas taste stamped all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgLa3eKMYs

His reaction to it was mine.

lol yeah let me just check out that YouTube link.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*skips funny redlettermedia vid about Star Wars*

*posts about it like they aint dumb as hell for doing it*

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

you're forgetting a star performance as "cocknocker"

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol it actually is a different desert planet called Jakku.

for real?

i mean thats fine and good, i just cant tell if youre srs

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

That video is funny and you're dumb as hell if you just skipped it.

i'll take your word for it

• Locked thread