Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cr05580n35
Mar 24, 2015
So the trailer clearly shows Luke's (and Anakin's) lightsaber.. if the thing fell on Bespin which is a gas planet, it's nearly impossible that it would be recovered. I wonder what the explanation will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

no blood for stars

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

cr05580n35 posted:

So the trailer clearly shows Luke's (and Anakin's) lightsaber.. if the thing fell on Bespin which is a gas planet, it's nearly impossible that it would be recovered. I wonder what the explanation will be.

well, you can read all about it in the star wars EU if you want a temporary explanation

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

odincode posted:

Gross. Sour patch kids all the way.

fair fair, i'll ponder while we count down the TTR (time to release) ITT (in this thread)

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

InterFaced posted:

That star destroyer was intentionally crashed into that desert in an attempt to make it look as baller as possible.

I'm just gonna go with this.

mamelon posted:

Well, anything is going to look small while inside your mom's hangar bay

Whoa.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He made another one that looks just like the old one? I mean, if nerds can make a 100% perfect replica of Luke's sabre in their garages, surely the technologically superior people in Star Wars can make a new light sabre that looks the same as the old one.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He probably just ordered the case for the original off JediSupply.impnet or something anyway

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cr05580n35 posted:

why don't you go write some fanfiction about it loser

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
according to Star Wars zen magic he could have sat up all night thinking about his laser sword and it could have showed up on his doorstep like the pets from homeward bound why not

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

me: hey babe what's your fav part about the movie?
she: r2d2
me: nice, me too, we r a good couple and you definitely are real

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm mad about the EU thing not because I gave a poo poo about the EU but because now I have all this information in my head taking up room and it's all just useless fanfic bullshit.

Who can tell you all about the different types of TIE fighters and the pros and cons of each? I can.

:negative:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Achio lightsaber?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I'm mad about the EU thing not because I gave a poo poo about the EU but because now I have all this information in my head taking up room and it's all just useless fanfic bullshit.

Who can tell you all about the different types of TIE fighters and the pros and cons of each? I can.

It was always useless fanfic bullshit. Sorry.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Moridin920 posted:

there are only 4 tie fighters now.

darths in ANH, tie, int, bomber

sorry for your loss

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

yeah, rip that golden age when knowing poo poo about alien extra #248 meant something.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
btw the people that gleefully and unironically post about how good it is that the 'eu is gone' are actually worse than any casual fan of the EU. post more about how disney deciding whats canon means something 'never existed' faggots

naem
May 29, 2011

I hope Disney does a star wars/ frozen crossover and then the muppets and ghostbusters show up

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

disney bought ghostbusters?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

btw the people that gleefully and unironically post about how good it is that the 'eu is gone' are actually worse than any casual fan of the EU. post more about how disney deciding whats canon means something 'never existed' faggots

the first jj abrams star trek film wipes out everything that ever happened in the original star trek series, and all of the other series, and movies, that came after it, except I guess Enterprise?

Actually that's a point, are the whales gonna go extinct now? poo poo!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i always figured Star Trek went by Back to the Future rules so the movies are just a different dimension where things play out differently.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Moridin920 posted:

i always figured Star Trek went by Back to the Future rules so the movies are just a different dimension where things play out differently.

they do basically, hence two spocks

also, see: parallels

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

it kind of bothers me that they just left jennifer sedated on a porch in a bad neighborhood and then went back in time. but won't they only create a new timeline when they go back in time and fix 1955? Jeniffer will still be stuck in biff-ruled hill valley 1985.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Naw in BttF we saw with the disappearing photo and marty fading out and stuff that if you change the past, the future you're currently in/the one you "belong to" physically changes, up to and including yourself fading and maybe disappearing into never-having-been-born. Marty had to make sure his parents got together or he would cease to exist, implying there's no "alternate" timeline for him to have come from and still be allowed to exist.

In star trek, old Spock presumably remembers the old timeline even after events in the movie have massively changed the future. He could kill his younger self and still be OK, because he's from a timeline where his younger self was not killed by old Spock.

This is why the angry romulan dude is so mad. His own homeworld is gone, and even if he acts to save the Romulan homeworld in the new timeline he's in, his old one is still gone no matter what, even though time travel also exists and you can go back and save the humpback whales in San Francisco, and therefore in addition to creating new futures, you can also fix your own continuity.

Or perhaps after Star Trek IV, the original series crew are now living in a different timeline from the one they left before they went back to save the whales, and they don't even realize it because somehow they managed to not change the past enough for them to notice?

Basically star trek's timeline fuckery is inconsistent which is why Back to the Future is undeniably better science fiction, haha.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 16, 2015

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yeah, i guess you shouldn't really think too much about these kinds of movies.

anybody else gonna go to the premiere dressed as lucas?

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
The fucks the black guy always looking so sweaty for?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Chewbacca didn't age because he is gay. Wookie gay, so what

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it looks good and i am genuinely excited for the new star wars movie

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My exposure to the star wars EU were some angsty young adult novellas, but I was embarrassed by how dumb they were, and kotor 1 and 2, and drunken, drugged lonely nights laughing really hard at wookiepedia.

naem
May 29, 2011

Randarkman posted:

anybody else gonna go to the premiere dressed as lucas?

:stare:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

wookipedia article on darth vader is like 150 pages long

got a problem with that? optimally i was thinking a trio of george lucases

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

greg sexyvibes posted:

You'd be sweaty too if you were a black man surrounded by white storm troopers.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

You'd be sweaty too if you were a black man surrounded by white storm troopers.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

greg sexyvibes posted:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

odincode posted:

on the ravaged deck of a star destroyer, that's way more interesting.
while we're on this topic, i feel that instead of cribbing revans mask they should have just cut/pasted some of darth nihilus' funk instead. that cat is more or less Lord PTSD and he flies around in the open bridge of an undead star destroyer that got wrecked in a giant battle somewhere, which is pretty sweet and also relevant to both the post-endor galaxy and us as a nation of grimdark war criminals.

also if i told you he was something called an inquisitor (which are things that are in this movie?) you would believe me because he looks like a nun wearing a venetian mask

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001
Everything is awesome.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
the new star trek movie should have been an adaption of the eu book where it ends in a massive pie fight between everyone that was awesome

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they kill off Han Solo real quick, I can't stand mediocre acting in my kitsch sci fi movies.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

star wars was cool when it was a dumb samurai western in space with goofy space monsters and everyone wasn't afraid to tell lucas that he was a fat tard with bad ideas.

before lucas and the whole franchise went up its own rear end so goddamn far that now a bunch of faggots seriously argue about whether wookies age or if a big spaceship can do a thing

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also, i have to admit i really like that shot or poster of kylo ren hoek (or some other guy?) fondling vader's mask.

getting big giger vibes off that little picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

star wars was cool when it was a dumb samurai western in space with goofy space monsters and everyone wasn't afraid to tell lucas that he was a fat tard with bad ideas.

before lucas and the whole franchise went up its own rear end so goddamn far that now a bunch of faggots seriously argue about whether wookies age or if a big spaceship can do a thing

Up the rear end nerd arguments are timeless, like wookies.

• Locked thread