Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Average-looking asian girl come up to me and says "Do you know what gook means?"

I'm taken aback and I say, "Yeah. It's a slur."

She says, "Why do you have the word 'gook' written in your notebook?"

I look behind her and see my old notebooks from college. I say, "I was taking an Asian American class."

That's the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Orientalism is sweet

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
NOBODY CARES.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I need someone to interpret it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Sir John Feelgood posted:

mdm posted:

Orientalism is sweet

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
you were in the classroom sitting next to your best friend who died last september and its still cripplingly depressing

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

you were a dick in college

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I'm no expert so I'm just as qualified as anyone else, the exotic woman is a part of you that is alien to you. You are reaching out to something that exists within you, worrying that it might offend you, or you might offend it. It means you're gay.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I had a dream about a tiny baby once.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

you were a dick in college
In the dream, the 'gook' was part of the notes, not something I wrote idly. We were learning about racism, apparently.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In the dream, the 'gook' was part of the notes, not something I wrote idly. We were learning about racism, apparently.

*shakes magic 8 ball* hmmm...no, you were definitely a dick

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

You want to have sex with your mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
she was offended because she was chinese and therefore a chink, not a gook.

• Locked thread