Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

etalian posted:

due to the mandatory condom law many of the companies moved out of state.

coincidence? i think not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
if you are californian please think about drowning yourself

an ironic drowning

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
desalinization, do you speak it?

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
Northern California will split off from the south so that we don't have to send them our water anymore. The resulting war will last for generations and the living will envy the dead.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

North CA vs. South CA in the great water wars of 2015

Civil War II: Lincolns Liquidation

F hole
May 13, 2008

build nuke plants to run desaliniazation plants and pray to god that a big earthquake doesn't come

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DonJNavarro posted:

desalinization, do you speak it?

it takes massive amounts of energy

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Degenerate Star posted:

Northern California will split off from the south so that we don't have to send them our water anymore. The resulting war will last for generations and the living will envy the dead.

Keep your dirty tan manicured hands off lake oroville

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

smokin 2 blunts for my eternal cottonmouthed homies out west

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

Wait, where do you think Montana is?

Harald posted:

california doesn't border montana

Yeah I know but gently caress Nevada too.

Montana Wyoming Colorado and New Mexico are all pretty dece, gently caress everyone west of that

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
Hahaha, the economic buttfucking this country would take from that would be unironically hilarious.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Degenerate Star posted:

Only because it'll take so loving long for Sacramento to find someone competent that'll march through Orange County and burn that shitpile to the ground.

F hole
May 13, 2008

Specter posted:

Only because it'll take so loving long for Sacramento to find someone competent that'll march through Orange County and burn that shitpile to the ground.

You have my vote OC sucks

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Frankly I'm looking forward to LA dying. At some point NorCal will be like...sorry y'all but there isn't enough water for you so we are just gonna keep it. Or split CA in two and just rape the gently caress out of SoCal for water.

SoCal really is totally hosed. Colorado river isn't going to be enough to supply them soon, either.

Good.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Frankly I'm looking forward to LA dying. At some point NorCal will be like...sorry y'all but there isn't enough water for you so we are just gonna keep it. Or split CA in two and just rape the gently caress out of SoCal for water.

SoCal really is totally hosed. Colorado river isn't going to be enough to supply them soon, either.

Good.

Good except they'll all come to my state and southern californians are even more entitled than us

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

F hole posted:

build nuke plants to run desaliniazation plants and pray to god that a big earthquake doesn't come

The desalination plant in Carlsbad is actually not that far from the nuke plant in San Onofre, but that one got closed down.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Good.

Don't worry, we'll catch you while you're busy trying to make a vegan meal that isn't absolute poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
*Calafornia breaks off into the Pacific*
Oh no! My Almonds, oranges and Caramel Macchiatos.

I'll miss the hookers though

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Yeah I know but gently caress Nevada too.

Montana Wyoming Colorado and New Mexico are all pretty dece, gently caress everyone west of that

Nevada also doesn't border Montana though...

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

VendaGoat posted:

Florida oranges are perfectly fine, they just don't look as nice. Ditto for Mexico, er, hell, Latin America. Truly, though, without Macchiatos, is life worth living?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dead Precedents posted:

Don't worry, we'll catch you while you're busy trying to make a vegan meal that isn't absolute poo poo.

Jokes on you. I hate vegans almost as much as..well, gently caress, I think I hate vegans most of all.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

Hobohemian posted:

Nevada also doesn't border Montana though...

To be fair, a lot of Montana moved to Nevada with the last recession.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

VendaGoat posted:

CA has good hookers?

Never heard this one before.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh wait, you are referring to the women in SoCal.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hollis Brownsound posted:

So what's gonna happen when refugees show up in your hometown sucking on your sweet H2O?

"OH hey guys I got a good idea, let's settle in the desert then complain that we used up all the water trying to keep green lawns in the loving desert".

I think we should build a wall on the border of Montana and trap those dumbfucks in the mad max style wasteland they created.
Are you talking about California or Arizona?

naem
May 29, 2011

I earn more in California than I would elsewhere and my income/expense ratio is tolerable currently, but it isn't like a wonderland or anything. Everyone else seems to desperately want to be here for some reason

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Doesn't California already have post apocalyptic desert scavengers around the Salton sea area? Maybe you can learn something.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Jokes on you. I hate vegans almost as much as..well, gently caress, I think I hate vegans most of all.

I believe the great California Water Wars will turn into the California Vegan Purge and we'll be reunited so we can invade Oregon and Washington together.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh wait, you are referring to the women in SoCal.

to be fair, they're mostly plastic

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dead Precedents posted:

I believe the great California Water Wars will turn into the California Vegan Purge and we'll be reunited so we can invade Oregon and Washington together.

Vegans really are the shittiest of the poo poo fringe political groups.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Vegans really are the shittiest of the poo poo fringe political groups.

Yep.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its like people here don't realize graphene membrane desalination exists.

Sigh, nerds ruin everything.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Claverjoe posted:

Sigh, vegans ruin everything.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
New California Republic

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

to be fair, they're mostly plastic

LA is the real silicon valley

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

etalian posted:

LA is the real silicon valley
Actually Utah has the highest rate of breast augmentation of any state so the correct answer is Salt Lake City is the real Silicon Valley.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Socal has been a wasteland for over 100 years already

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually Utah has the highest rate of breast augmentation of any state so the correct answer is Salt Lake City is the real Silicon Valley.

Well, they have a natural source of Saline. :v:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lex luthor was playing the long game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

F hole posted:

Californian NIMBY assholes will never allow a nuclear power plant to be built in the state As forward thinking at they like to think they are, it's Tennessee and South Carolina that are going to be making new reactors at existing facilities. I don't know if you'll ever see a ground-breaking for a new nuclear plant in the US ever again.

• Locked thread