Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This chicken?
It's free range, let it go
Chickens need boundaries
It's a chicken just let it be
Abstaining from voting on this chicken
View Results

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

I'm really only comfortable posting a picture of a happy chicken who has laid many eggs. I am wondering if we could maybe discuss the safety of the chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado, United States, was planning to eat supper with his mother-in-law and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

if only he had a thompson gun :D

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
The chicken has a smart phone though, so if it's in trouble it can call for help. Also it's sending its friends pictures, so if they need to find him they can probably use those.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

detectivemonkey posted:

The chicken has a smart phone though, so if it's in trouble it can call for help. Also it's sending its friends pictures, so if they need to find him they can probably use those.

This was an overlooked point in my initial assessment of this chicken's safety.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Send lawyers, guns, and money, Detectivemonkey.

The poo poo has hit the fan.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I voted FREE RANGE but now see this chicken was involved in marketing (I did not read past the first post before I voted).
I also don't understand why everyone hasn't voted FREE RANGE.
You guys must not like getting laid.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Luvcow posted:

I'm really only comfortable posting a picture of a happy chicken who has laid many eggs. I am wondering if we could maybe discuss the safety of the chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiHz58Mu0lc

I like that chicken!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

detectivemonkey posted:

a close-up pic of a counter w/ eggs, a black man, log, country side with cgi geico sign yeah good luck finding him with that info, detectivemonkey

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Ok... poo poo has officially hit the fan for this chicken.

I.C. posted:

I voted FREE RANGE but now see this chicken was involved in marketing (I did not read past the first post before I voted).
I also don't understand why everyone hasn't voted FREE RANGE.
You guys must not like getting laid.

Yes, I was initially uncomfortable posting about this chicken but after seeing the commercial multiple times I felt it best to bring this to people's attention best i could.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
How many eggs will this chicken make before I have to take all of its feathers off and cook it?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Rickycat posted:

a close-up pic of a counter w/ eggs, a black man, log, country side with cgi geico sign yeah good luck finding him with that info, detectivemonkey

I don't think a chicken knows how to turn off geotagging.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

You should be worried about the safety of all chickens or no chickens it is racist to feel otherwise OP.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You should be worried about the safety of all chickens or no chickens it is racist to feel otherwise OP.

I think OP is worried about all chickens. OP is a little mouse strumming a tiny guitar, worrying about all of the chickens and trying to raise awareness to the cause of chickens driving.
I forgot what was going on, but I think we all agree that chickens are in danger somehow but are a really good source of eggs.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

When I raped all of those chickens on the school field trip everyone said I was just an excitable boy

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

cockshamed

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cool chook pics

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
i got 6 easter egger chicks on wednesday

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Voted boundaries

Please set boundaries for your chickens. If your chickens ignore the rules and leave the safety area you have set aside for them, they will probably get eaten.
We lost a lot of chickens over the years to feral dogs, cats, weasels, raccoons, possums, hawks, owls, bobcats, and other things that roam outside the chicken boundaries.

Stay inside, chickens.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
we do the best we can but i think its pretty much impossible to keep chickens and never lose one to a predator unless you just have a few as pets that stay in a tractor or building at all times

once something dug into one of our pens and killed a dozen meat birds, guts everywhere, it was a massacre. but thankfully it didnt get to our egg layers

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Darf posted:

free range

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Id have a weird look on my face too if I was watching someone eat something I just shitted out.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Voted boundaries

Please set boundaries for your chickens. If your chickens ignore the rules and leave the safety area you have set aside for them, they will probably get eaten.
We lost a lot of chickens over the years to feral dogs, cats, weasels, raccoons, possums, hawks, owls, bobcats, and other things that roam outside the chicken boundaries.

Stay inside, chickens.

You actually have chickens. Okay, having boundaries makes sense.
I'd like to change my vote to whatever Queen Caucus says is the best way for chickens.
Thank you, QC.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
See this is the input I was looking for, professional chickeners seem to think a chicken needs boundaries. I'm wondering if anyone can locate this chicken and maybe confirm that it is still safe.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I drove past a chicken (not sure if it was this one) on the highway the other day and it seemed fine.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Can you describe the chicken you saw?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

It was just a regular highway chicken I guess. Skull tattoo on the left breast.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Chicken already got a tattoo...

:cripes:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Reminder that according to Burger King chickens are sexually and romantically attracted to chicken fries

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
no goku to choose, refuse to vote

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Please... this is about the safety of this chicken

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

Reminder that according to Burger King chickens are sexually and romantically attracted to chicken fries

I think the fries are the ultimate end of your chicken friend.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Don't be a chicken for the chicken! She's got this poo poo on lock son.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Please.... Please don't troll. I'm p sure the chicken sent another picture with her smart phone just this morning, though her being processed into chicken fries is a valid concern.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Luvcow posted:

They are actually attracted to normal french fries, and chicken fries are the offspring resulting from this unholy union

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I just don't want your chicken to end up like my chickens

I'm coming to you from a place of concern

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
You seem like a good chicken owner and I thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You want an order of cock with a side of cock?

• Locked thread