Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the cutiest patootie on the card?
This poll is closed.
Luke Rockhold 21 21.00%
Lyoto Machida 31 31.00%
Felice Herrig 2 2.00%
Paige VanZant 31 31.00%
Jim Miller :3: 15 15.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YChL6tQvcY

Let's set the mood for what is objectively the sexiest main event in UFC history: it's UFC on FOX 15: Machida vs. Rockhold.

It feels so good, having former Light Heavyweight Champ Lyoto Machida and former Strikeforce Middleweight Champ Luke Rockhold fight each other on my TV. Don't try to fight the takedown baby, ain't no use. We're along for the ride.

UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Rockhold: 8 p.m. ET on FOX

vs.

Oh, what a groove. You have no idea, how it feels. My hands just won't keep still

Machida's been on a tear at middleweight, having fights of the night with Gegard Mousasi and current champ Chris Weidman, and a performance of the night headkick KO over his Heterosexual Training Partner Mark Munoz. Despite a rocky introduction against Vitor Belfort, Rockhold has also looked excellent, finishing Costas Philippou, Tim Boetsch and Michael Bisping, the latter two performances ranking among SomethingAwful's submissions of the year.

vs.

This one's not as conventionally handsome as the main, but if you can get past Jacare's weird-shaped head and pinched face and Chris Camozzi's inherent existence, it's not so bad. This is an unfortunate rematch no one wanted to see as a replacement for a much cooler fight that was supposed to happen with Yoel Romero, but Camozzi's back on his third UFC stint now that he was the only person willing to fight Jacare on a week's notice. Realistically this is a time trial for Jacare to see if he can beat his ghost data, so Camozzi will likely be looking at a 6-7 UFC record inside of a round.

vs.

*Barry White record screeches as the orgy comes to a grinding halt*
This'll potentially be a really fun fight but hot drat does it ruin my weird forced “sexy card” theme. Cub Swanson's late-career resurgence has finally been derailed by Frankie Edgar, but it should still be a good litmus test for where Max Holloway is at as he is about 12 years old so he's at that stage where he's noticably improving between every fight. Whatever happens I hope it's a finish so we can get to the hotties faster :wink:

Speaking of, let's change up the theme to something a little more sentimental for a potentially important strawweight bout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfg97-5uhFQ

vs.

Just a fool to believe I have anything she needs... she's like the wind
Will Felice Herrig put Baby in a corner or will the model-turned-fighter add another notch to her gloves on the way to breaking Jon Jones' record for youngest champion? We'll see! It's hard to call as Felice is an unfortunate early women's veteran who probably peaked before the big show but VanZant is green enough that :iiam: where she's at tbh.

OTHER poo poo TO WATCH
UFC Fight Night FOX Prelims: 6 p.m. ET Saturday, April 18, on FOX
Jim Miller vs. Beneil Dariush
Ovince Saint Preux vs. Patrick Cummins
Corey Anderson vs. Gian Villante
Takeya Mizugaki vs. Aljamain Sterling

UFC Fight Night Early Prelims: 4:30 p.m. ET Saturday, April 18 on UFC Fight Pass
George Sullivan vs. Tim Means
Diego Brandão vs. Jimy Hettes
Eddie Gordon vs. Chris Dempsey

Weigh-ins: 4 p.m. ET Friday, April 17

MMA Snack Rating: chocolate covered strawberries

Ingredients
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well

Directions
Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)

Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.

Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
gently caress you if you don't vote for Jim Miller re: all things

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bic-kNQe4w

MILLER TIME, BITCHES

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Outstanding OP

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
go patrick cummins

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Weigh ins are happening I guess. (I cannot watch them right now.)

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Bluedeanie posted:

Weigh ins are happening I guess. (I cannot watch them right now.)

joe has huge bags under his eyes like he hasnt had a full nights sleep in weeks

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq-Jw03XIvs

Didn't watch the whole thing but Felice cosplayed as Wilma Flinstone or something. Also Cub looks short as gently caress next to Hollaway.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
drat this card is sexy

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

drat this card is sexy

Holloway almost cancels it all out though. Here's to hoping my main monkey loving pee drinking homie beats the pretty off of Rockhold forever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think Jacare is strangely attractive. Also hoping to beat his ghost data was a great description

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize Cub's fighting on this card. His post WEC run has been really fun to watch.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

felice thinks a mortal combat character ripped off her image because she chewed bubblegum in a selfie once, is talking to lawyers

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ban everyone who thinks Machida is more attractive than Luke.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Rockhold is like a more muscular but less attractive Jon Hamm, which obviously is still a great thing to be. Machida has a much better smolder though so it's an easy win for him

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That's a sick lat spread from Machida.

edit: it may be shadows fooling me. I'm going to stare at this picture for just 5 more minutes.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 18, 2015

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
contract arona to fight rockhold please ufc

machida is decent looking until he opens his mouth and you see his awful teeth

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Machida is Brazilian and exotic whereas Luke is just a bro from Santa Cruz

a true dime a dozen kind of guy, in my humble opinion.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The NJ State Athletic Control Board apparently announced that some kind of instant replay will be available for this event.

http://www.mmanews.com/instant-replay-to-be-used-during-saturdays-ufc-on-fox-15-event-in-new-jersey/

They said they won't "nitpick" the referee, but that it'll be available if they absolutely have to look at it tomorrow. Not sure what that means. Maybe they won't argue fouls and judgment calls, but maybe its there for DQ situations? I dunno.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Make sure to get your Goonweight picks in! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702701&pagenumber=2#post444030234

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Northjayhawk posted:

The NJ State Athletic Control Board apparently announced that some kind of instant replay will be available for this event.

http://www.mmanews.com/instant-replay-to-be-used-during-saturdays-ufc-on-fox-15-event-in-new-jersey/

They said they won't "nitpick" the referee, but that it'll be available if they absolutely have to look at it tomorrow. Not sure what that means. Maybe they won't argue fouls and judgment calls, but maybe its there for DQ situations? I dunno.

I expect for this to not matter at all.

Also, @ goon that thinks Jacare is pretty: I concur. I for some reason have always thought he looked like The Rock

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

I'm really glad to see there's one person on the Camozzi train. Shine on you crazy diamond!

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Also, @ goon that thinks Jacare is pretty: I concur. I for some reason have always thought he looked like The Rock

Jacare is the dude that kicks the door of your house down to get to you, his raw masculinity overpowering your senses :swoon:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Luke Rockhold is an Abercrombie model that is really good at fighting, Machida is a strange man with bad eyebrows who drinks his own pee.

This has been your issue of MMA GQ for the evening.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Luke Rockhold is an Abercrombie model that is really good at fighting, Machida is a strange man with bad eyebrows who drinks his own pee.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I have strong opinions on fighters and their looks

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I have strong opinions on fighters and their looks

Well, spill it then motherfucker. Don't cocktease like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Mark Hunt isn't #1 on your MMA fighters hot list, get yourself checked out.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Aurain posted:

If Mark Hunt isn't #1 on your MMA fighters hot list, get yourself checked out.

only face

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm more attracted to personality and piss chugging ability than just looks, personally.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
It seems like Machida's shoulder is not 100%. He was grimacing pretty hard when he took off his shirt, and then didn't do his usual weigh in stance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looking good in Lugz is all that matters to me.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Tyree posted:

It seems like Machida's shoulder is not 100%. He was grimacing pretty hard when he took off his shirt, and then didn't do his usual weigh in stance.

Keep in mind he's also dehydrated, which 100% aggravates injuries.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

OK fess up which one of y'all picked Felice Herrig as most attractive person on the card?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Have the prelims for Fox shows been on big Fox lately?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Have the prelims for Fox shows been on big Fox lately?

Nah they are usually on FS1. I'm guessing FS1 has baseball all day so they switched it up.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
This should be a pretty cool card and I'm kind of excited about it. There are some good fights on every portion of the card.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

This should be a pretty cool card and I'm kind of excited about it. There are some good fights on every portion of the card.

Agreed. On my way to take the train up to Newark now. Lyoto will be in my prayers cause he's gonna lose a decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Since Dana is playing the "look best" tournament game (which is absurd because Luke obviously looks the best), I'm guessing that Rockhold chases a finish and gets starched coming in.

• Locked thread