Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why everyone talking about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
GBS reasons.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Goons are mostly autistic fuckheads that can't accept the fact and spend their time making fun of other autists. They latched onto making fun of the hipster movement but focused solely on the "hipsters drink starbucks" idea and caramel macchiato deal. So they bring it up every chance they get while ignoring all the actual things to make fun of hipsters for.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
oh its about making fun of people different than me? I approve carry on

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i do not find it funny

naem
May 29, 2011

I think it's a test to see how long people keep posting in terrible threads just to fit in

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

either way i think most hipsters prefer their coffee without extra flavourings because its more authentic

macchiato makes sense though, although real ballers order ristrettos

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
Its actually just the inherent one-ups-manship of GBS.

"Oh poo poo, retarded_clown made a post about X"

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

For a week.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

naem posted:

I think it's a test to see how long people keep posting in terrible threads just to fit in

kids these days just don't understand what a good shitpost is

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
posting memes lets you feel like you're being funny without having to actually think of anything funny

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I think it's funny

it's like in that Lonely Island song where they say everybody they don't like is having boiled goose

it's just another way of saying you're a problematic sjw cuck goku

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
I liked the Tuxedo Macchiato they had during Christmas 5 years ago.

:smith:

mrlego fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 17, 2015

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

mrlego posted:

I liked the Tuxedo Macchiato they had during Christmas 5 years ago.

:smith:

I wanna go and make someone order a "flat white" and be real disappointed when it turns out it's just some loving coffee and it's 9 bucks and now I gotta pay for the experience because I'm an idiot. But also I want to see someone order it..hahaha just the idea makes me laugh FLAT WHITE what does it even mean?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
It was a funny poo poo post but now it's about posting it as much as loving possible then laughing at whoever rages at it because hurr Durr its GBS the shitposting forum look at this carefag macchiato fart piss cuck im gay.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gayest possible drink for hipsters to pretend theyre even drinking coffee with

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
:h:: ill have a grande double cream caramel manjizzo please
:c:: would you like coffee with that
:h:: no

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
because nobody can spell it

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

It's a more sophisticated form of humour. If you don't get it, you just don't get it and you shouldn't try.

*sips caramel macchiato while adjusting plastic glasses*

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I thought it was some race thing but I though Ralph Macchiato was white?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is it, the punchline is people getting super frustrated about it

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
It's funny because people pay five dollars for a watered down espresso with flavor shot syrup.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

I.C. posted:

I wanna go and make someone order a "flat white" and be real disappointed when it turns out it's just some loving coffee and it's 9 bucks and now I gotta pay for the experience because I'm an idiot. But also I want to see someone order it..hahaha just the idea makes me laugh FLAT WHITE what does it even mean?

Do they sell flat whites in starbucks outside of Australia and NZ?

Flat white is just what you call coffee with milk in Australia, it's regular coffee for those who think cappuccino is too fancy.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax

ThaGrandCow posted:

Goons are mostly autistic fuckheads that can't accept the fact and spend their time making fun of other autists. They latched onto making fun of the hipster movement but focused solely on the "hipsters drink starbucks" idea and caramel macchiato deal. So they bring it up every chance they get while ignoring all the actual things to make fun of hipsters for.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I like it because there's no reason at all; it isn't inherently funny in any way and retarded clown forced it really obviously.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011
Wow OP calm down man you're really harshing my mellows right now brah

I'm gonna go enjoy a caramel machiato

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
It's not funny. That's the joke.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Harrower posted:

It's not funny.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

psyopmonkey2 posted:

Its actually just the inherent one-ups-manship of GBS.

I prefer the term "shitposting brinkmanship"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Arkanomen posted:

It was a funny poo poo post but now it's about posting it as much as loving possible then laughing at whoever rages at it because hurr Durr its GBS the shitposting forum look at this carefag macchiato fart piss cuck im gay.
lol at this carefag

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i was drinking caramel machiottos before it was cool

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
like everything here it was funny and then goons ran it into the ground

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

i had a caramel milkshake yesterday

i don't drink coffee

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
the hipster style coffee is funny because the type of people who I think likes to drink it also likes to be on the cutting edge of music, clothes, fashion and such, which is ridiculous and extremely funny to me; a grown man wearing jorts and listening to metal who likes to be on the cutting edge of computers.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
It's not funny. It's just stupid. Doing stupid things, however, can be funny or at least chuckle-worthy to whoever is doing that. It staves off the boredom. It's like singing real loud in the car so you don't fall asleep on the wheel.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I.C. posted:

ay yo if ur looking for a flat white pm me

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Just close your eyes and go with it, it'll all be over before you know it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So let me tell you about how the Simpsons episode Cape Feare changed comedy forever, OP...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Arkanomen posted:

It was an unfunny poo poo post but now it's about posting it as much as loving possible then laughing at whoever rages at it because hurr Durr its GBS the shitposting forum look at this carefag macchiato fart piss cuck im gay.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
hmm im not sure why this is funny but let me repeat it 30 or 40 times so i dont lose internet cred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I'm not altogether sure what a macchiato is.

• Locked thread