Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Eonwe posted:

Gintama is good

Yes, yes it is.

I need to catch up with the episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Gintama is good

A controversial statement but I'll allow it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
They goofed on coloring Mutsu's hat for a few frames in one scene, haha.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gintama Manga Takes 2-Week Break Due to Author's Sudden Illness

Hope Sorachi's alright...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I'm sure he's off doing training with Gintoki and the gang again. Or was injured from those misadventures.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The new OP (lol Shinpachi) and ED are both sick as heck.

e: The credits are reflected in the water. That's really neat!

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 8, 2015

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
I'm confused because adrtw isn't my first Steeze but is this some kind of crazy troll?

???

I am trolled?

Came here looking for fun, no fun 0/5 like no parfaits

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

I'm confused because adrtw isn't my first Steeze but is this some kind of crazy troll?

???

I am trolled?

Came here looking for fun, no fun 0/5 like no parfaits

I don't really understand what you're saying here, but the early ~30 episodes are pretty eh. Might I suggest watching episode 231 instead for a better idea about series?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
No I'm really confused about how bleh people seem to be about it.

I guess more cause I see it as a very strong post modern existential piece and everyone is just hamming it up cause 'jokes'?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Please don't get me wrong I'm in love and repping it irl

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Is this a new thread? I don't dig deep so am I missing the joke/discussion?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

Is this a new thread? I don't dig deep so am I missing the joke/discussion?

No, it's just not very active.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
There's only 3 pages. I was honestly confused if this was some kind of archive reboot.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gintama is really good but it's also not the show that invites a ton of discussion since a lot of it is standalone.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

I don't really understand what you're saying here, but the early ~30 episodes are pretty eh. Might I suggest watching episode 231 instead for a better idea about series?

If episode 25 isn't a complete microcosm of reasons why this show had always been good then why I waiting for 231?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

If episode 25 isn't a complete microcosm of reasons why this show had always been good then why I waiting for 231?

25 isn't as representative because it has like zero dick jokes.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
And every once in a while I get extra excited about an episode or small arc, and it just happens to be 231 at the moment.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
For a bunch of otaku the discussion of how aliens are just a deus ex machina for interjecting contemporary tropes and OMG SHONEN JUMP into the work is... weird.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, the aliens are an obvious analogue for Matthew Perry opening up Japan, but they also act as justification for all the crazy situations Sorachi throws in. It's both, really.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

25 isn't as representative because it has like zero dick jokes.

Honestly if you believe this I don't know because that episode is literally infinity dick joke. Fractal dickbutt.

If seriously the whole theme of the thread is 'just watch episode 231 man' well I'm gonna watch it anyways but what is the thread about here. Just loving post a crunchroll link or some poo poo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

Honestly if you believe this I don't know because that episode is literally infinity dick joke. Fractal dickbutt.

If seriously the whole theme of the thread is 'just watch episode 231 man' well I'm gonna watch it anyways but what is the thread about here. Just loving post a crunchroll link or some poo poo.

The theme of the thread is that you should watch every episode.

I think it's implicitly assumed that you know how to get to Crunchyroll and/or Google.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
I wanted to talk about post post modern ethos in Shonen JUMP but I think I walked into the wrong thread.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

The theme of the thread is that you should watch every episode.

I think it's implicitly assumed that you know how to get to Crunchyroll and/or Google.

Ooooooooookay.

Is this not a discussion thread? Are we just waving towels? That was really my original question.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

I wanted to talk about post post modern ethos in Shonen JUMP but I think I walked into the wrong thread.

It's possible.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rama of Ra posted:

Ooooooooookay.

Is this not a discussion thread? Are we just waving towels? That was really my original question.

You can discuss anything you want. The thread is just usually not too active. Be the change you wish to see on the forums.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
I like the show. It's good. My post has content. 231.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm voting this guy as the next mod

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Horrible follow up to that post, it seems.

I think the show is amazing otherwise I wouldn't have trudged in here to find a thread about it.

On the topic of what episode what do you show somebody this to get them into it?

If you're trying to convince someone who has never watched anime before in their life, just loving forget it. Otherwise, I find episode 23 to be a very good slice of what most of the show seems to be.

I AM ONLY UP TO EPISODE 45 be gentle

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
Painting all white people as aliens is loving genius. You get to have a period piece and a sci-fi piece at the same time.

I guess I shouldn't try to get hyphy about animes at 5 in the morning but seriously I do like it a lot.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Lmao

Holy crap

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Greetings from the goldmine.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
This thread reminded me that I haven't finished the last season. I think after the last movie, my brain was just like 'I guess no more Gintama'. I need this show back in my life.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol, we're getting genderbend arc figures for both Gintoki and Hijikata. The fujoshi game is too strong.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Lol, we're getting genderbend arc figures for both Gintoki and Hijikata. The fujoshi game is too strong.

Those are some powerful figs

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first part last week was alright, but this week killed me, god drat.

Next week is the one other arc I've read in the manga beforehand. I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Finally got around to watching this show. It's amazing. Cannot give the guys who wrote it enough credit.

RIP 4th Wall.

• Locked thread