Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

And some bigger gifs too:

The new OP scenes are cool (8.2 MB): http://i.imgur.com/Uq4Ypy5.gif
Kamui doing his thing (5.7 MB): http://i.imgur.com/ohwnp0o.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man, it's been too long since I've heard Norio Wakamoto in an anime.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I just had my first sad episode. This show is absolutely amazing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This is a show that makes you laugh, cry, and poop, sometimes all three at once

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently, there's gonna be a new OP/ED in January, and the former is by DOES again.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What's OP/ED?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What's OP/ED?

It's Japanese lingo that's short for opening and ending theme.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

That's lame. They did the most boring OP in the first series

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

That's lame. They did the most boring OP in the first series

Bakuchi Dancer had a pretty good hook.

And also you're wrong.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I really like this Mr. Raindrop ED. Just starting episode 20. I haven't burned through an anime this fast since I got 300 episodes into One Piece before crashing and burning. Thankfully this only has 300.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I really like this Mr. Raindrop ED. Just starting episode 20. I haven't burned through an anime this fast since I got 300 episodes into One Piece before crashing and burning. Thankfully this only has 300.

You are in for a ride my friend.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm going to miss Glorious Days but Beautiful Days does not work as a Shogun's Assassination OP, so I'm ok with this.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Toshi! :3:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 10, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

So the beam sabre arc is up next for me and I'm looking forward to it since it seems like it'll be good. But I have realized that I only have about 40 episodes of Gintama left and that is making me feel a little bummed out. I will run out of Gintama eventually :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

So the beam sabre arc is up next for me and I'm looking forward to it since it seems like it'll be good. But I have realized that I only have about 40 episodes of Gintama left and that is making me feel a little bummed out. I will run out of Gintama eventually :(

Did you ever actually watch the Sentai dub

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Did you ever actually watch the Sentai dub

Nope. I could spent that hour and a half of my life doing anything else

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Nope. I could spent that hour and a half of my life doing anything else

You did at least watch the movie's new scenes though?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

You did at least watch the movie's new scenes though?

I have not

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I have not

You should.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I will....

eventually

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The real treat in movie-specific scenes are the opening and ending bits with the usual loving around, and those together are like 15 minutes tops. They're not hard to find or a big commitment.

The movie's also on Hulu, but I guess that's not really applicable for you. :v:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

The real treat in movie-specific scenes are the opening and ending bits with the usual loving around, and those together are like 15 minutes tops. They're not hard to find or a big commitment.

The movie's also on Hulu, but I guess that's not really applicable for you. :v:

It is on the exclusive Canadian anime streaming service https://www.anibeavers.ca/anime/movies/Gintama though.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

It is on the exclusive Canadian anime streaming service https://www.anibeavers.ca/anime/movies/Gintama though.

Oh, "Server not found". I guess it really is for Canadian eyes only.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Obi-One

lmao

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm one and a half episodes in and this is very good. I love the more serious arcs in Gintama.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I'm one and a half episodes in and this is very good. I love the more serious arcs in Gintama.

263 has the best post-preview staff commentary.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am in the 80s I think and quite like the opening credits song where Kyubei is slashing through the bamboo or whatever it is.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agronox posted:

I am in the 80s I think and quite like the opening credits song where Kyubei is slashing through the bamboo or whatever it is.

It was the first OP I really liked, yeah. The music video also has some 90's as heck special effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re3TLbXg3p0

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I liked Pray and I don't care what mean things people say about it!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pray is extremely good, and gets me hyped for Gintama. but then i have to sit through Mr. Raindrop to get to the extra jokes...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I liked Pray and I don't care what mean things people say about it!

I dunno man, everyone here who's talked about it seem to like it a lot too, and I've come around to it. It's dece. Better than Light Infection.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

Pray is extremely good, and gets me hyped for Gintama. but then i have to sit through Mr. Raindrop to get to more jokes...

:ohdear: I pray that littleorv won't cut you down.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

:ohdear: I pray that littleorv won't cut you down.

it's just kinda cheesy and repetitive. i liked the first ED a lot so it was inevitable that the second would have a high bar to clear

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I like the idea of Mr. Raindrop over the actual thing tbh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Anyways the next thing on my watch list is the second Gintama movie which I have wanted to watch for a while. I'm going to watch it tomorrow night and I'll post my thoughts on it in here.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I like the idea of Mr. Raindrop over the actual thing tbh

You said it was your favorite for a long time, man! You lie as much as the staff do! :argh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
e: this not the right thread thanks awful

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

You said it was your favorite for a long time, man! You lie as much as the staff do! :argh:

I will settle the favourite op/ed in this case. This is for the record so feel free to use it against me in the future if I start lying.

OP: Stairway Generation & Dilemma

ED: Wo Ai Ni & Samurai Heart

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Anyways the next thing on my watch list is the second Gintama movie which I have wanted to watch for a while. I'm going to watch it tomorrow night and I'll post my thoughts on it in here.

The second movie is good as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's kinda weird that Sentai bothered with releasing the first Gintama movie but not the second (all-original) one. I wonder if the first one didn't justify the licensing cost?

A lot of anime movies are in a real bizarre limbo in this era of TV animation streaming being the primary platform.

• Locked thread