Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
When I was a kid we played the usual games like hide and seek and tag. From time to time a new kid would enter the neighborhood and introduce a different game to the mix-up. When Vito arrived from Italy were all introduced to a game called "Asses Up" (butts up in front of the grown-ups), similar to baseball with regards to innings and outs, base hits and home runs, except 2 people could play and you didn't need a baseball diamond or equipment.

The idea was to throw a tennis ball at the corner of where the sidewalk and a wall met, a flat concrete wall worked best. The ball would hit the sidewalk, bounce off the wall, and fly up into the air ("Flys Up" is another variation of Asses Up, minus the sadistic part I'm about to get into...). If the ball made it to certain pre-determined spots, it was a base hit, 2nd base, third base, or home run. If the other team member caught the ball, however- it was ASSES UP! It counted as an out, the end of an inning, and possibly your fertility.

The ball thrower who had his ball caught would lean against the wall protecting his face, legs spread-, while the ball catcher threw the ball as hard as possible at the offender's rear end meat. Getting hit in the nuts was a foul ball and ended the torment, also allowing the recipient to retaliate in kind by throwing the ball at the catcher. A successful hit in the rear end meant a redo by the thrower, until the thrower missed. Then the sick, twisted game would continue because gently caress stickball, right?

If this sounds familiar, I'm curious to see where you grew up geographically. I grew up in the Northeast, New York specifically. What games did you participate in, not board games or video games, but outdoor quasi-sports games that, looking back at it now, makes you wish you played no-contact sports like the internet instead? Include where you grew up, country or region if in the US. You can pretend to be a hipster if you must, but I hope you spill your caramel macchiato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rather stay inside and play w/ my dick

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

canadians are raised on that game, except here it's called Red rear end (or Red A) and it doesn't have the dumb sounding baseball stuff just more throwing balls at asses

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

never!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you tried to make me play that i'd grind your face against the asphalt, op

the only dumb bullshit kids thing i ever really got exposed to was throwing a fake punch at someone's face to see if they're "afraid of dad" (i was (domestic abuse is cool, & good)). everything else of that calibre of stupid i managed to stay away from by being goony as gently caress

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

FormaldehydeSon posted:

canadians are raised on that game, except here it's called Red rear end (or Red A) and it doesn't have the dumb sounding baseball stuff just more throwing balls at asses

truth. getting hit in the rear end with a frozen tennis ball (or racquetball if you were particularly hardcore) built character

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol i miss being a kid

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

quakster posted:

if you tried to make me play that i'd grind your face against the asphalt, op

We played during the day though which meant being out in the sun. I don't fear your idle threats!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still like throwing rocks at things with my friends, and also once the doctor gave me a hard time because I came in to my tetanus booster all covered with scratches from wrestling in a gravel pit. I was 24.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
me and my friends played a full-contact version of ultimate frisbee we called "frisball" where most of it involved tackling each other at high speeds trying to catch a moving frisbee. lost a lot of brain cells playing that game.

There was one kid that would cry every single recess period when he got hit but he kept playing every single day. i think he's a doctor or something now lol. what a pussy.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We had this game at my elementary school, pretty sure it was banned but we would play it anyways. gently caress da police.

I grew up in Socal

I mostly played "football" at that age which was just us running into each other as hard as possible whenever possible with no organization more or less, basketball, and sometimes soccer.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
I have a selfie-stick that's always with me when I'm outside op, is that good enough?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Vin BioEthanol posted:

I have a selfie-stick that's always with me when I'm outside op, is that good enough?

Sure, why the hell not.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4OmNuMTIDE

Think I did it wrong.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Sweet Tea posted:

rather stay inside and play w/ my dick

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Is this the kind of thing you can do with local law enforcement officials?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Absolutely not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
When I was a kid, we just went down to the railroad tracks and threw rocks at each other.

• Locked thread